Schedule going forward

How does scheduling change after the playoffs get expanded? Still schedule a good non conference opponent to bolster strength of schedule or cupcakes just to keep getting wins?

It’ll still be scheduling an ACC/Big10/Big12/Pac12 OOC game. The others will be Group of 5 plus one FCS.

Because, if it's close, your strength of schedule matters. You should schedule teams you should beat but that aren't patsies (Not "Patsy's"). Besides, we play Vandy and UK every year--more patsies aren't necessary.
I disagree. We are going to a 12 teal playoff. Strength of schedule won’t mean as much.

I don't know about that but their isn't a team in the top 4 that wouldn't make us look like the new guy in prison that just drop the soap

Thank you!!! I have been saying for a while that we needed to NOT make the play off because we dont have the horses to not get thrashed. Not yet at least.

Go.to the orange bowl, pound clemson, end the year as #4 or so and have momentum going into next year.

Yeah, this wouldn't have helped Tennessee at all as they won all OOC games. The OOC scheduling is fine. A decent team or two and some cupcakes.

I respect the big 10 more than any other conference besides the SEC. I think Michigan and Harbaugh have a really good team this year and hope to see the UM UGA matchup

I see NO REASON whatsoever why Danny White should schedule any team outside the conference other than patsy's. Two Big Team teams in the playoffs? What a joke. That conference is a joke. Their collective schedule was a total joke. And was a big bag of boring all year but alas they get two teams in? Pathetic. If this gets you rewarded - why schedule strong out of conference games?

This is nothing more than 2 teams who benefitted from pre-season rankings and the logo on their uniforms. Our Vols went from unranked to #1 in the playoffs with 2 weeks to go. While these 2 piles of sh** started at the top, stayed there playing nobody and then played with each other at the end like perverts. What a total joke.

This is stupid AF..Out of conference games aren't why the Big 10 will get 2 teams. TN and Ala both have 2 losses, both in the SEc. Has nothing to do with non conf games.

Reactions: SockeyeVol
I see NO REASON whatsoever why Danny White should schedule any team outside the conference other than patsy's. Two Big Team teams in the playoffs? What a joke. That conference is a joke. Their collective schedule was a total joke. And was a big bag of boring all year but alas they get two teams in? Pathetic. If this gets you rewarded - why schedule strong out of conference games?

This is nothing more than 2 teams who benefitted from pre-season rankings and the logo on their uniforms. Our Vols went from unranked to #1 in the playoffs with 2 weeks to go. While these 2 piles of sh** started at the top, stayed there playing nobody and then played with each other at the end like perverts. What a total joke.

OSU played ND. UT played Pitt. Is there a huge difference?

Reactions: SockeyeVol
With the play off expansion, it would make sense. You can treat them as “bye” weeks and let second string play more. Most teams could lose 2-3 games in the SEC and probably make it. 🤷‍♂️

Who wants to watch the Vols play a patsy? Not me. I say keep scheduling top teams and let the chips fall.
We have a lot of scaredy cat fans to be top 10 team. We get close to the stage and all small segment of fans want to flock to Dallas to play Tulane. Yeah boy that will fire our guys up and recruits as well. GBO! Go win the Orange Bowl Big Orange!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: loservol

VN Store

Back