'20 SC WR Jalin Hyatt (UT SIGNEE)

What is crazy is that Rivals has us with a top 5 WR class, and a top 5 QB class. If somehow Zach Evans ends up here, we will also have a top 5 RB class. That is elite recruiting on offense.
But remember, Tennessee sucks. Per the idiots I have to wade through on bleacher report all the time, they can’t see why any recruit would want to ever come to our university. Psh. Some don’t have an appreciation for anything but who’s number 1 and then they’re just dick riding in the meantime. For anyone that doesn’t truly see we’re on a steady rise back up, they’d have to be dumb and blind to not see it & comprehend it. The toxicity and mis steps over what happened in the years following up to Pruitt’a arrival tarnished our image for years to come. Makes me queasy just thinking about it.

Guys, just for the record of Farrells stupidity. Kenny Solomon who runs with Vols Track had a personal record in High-school in the 200m of 21.57...... btw Solomon ran a verified 4.45-40m and claimed to of ran a 4.36.

Now compare that to Hyatt who has a PR 200m time of 21.14..... that’s a .43 difference and Hyatt was timed at a verified 4.31; lol but you know recorded times don’t matter......
Wind aided times. 😁

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
He was the best player at Tennessee that I have ever seen with the ball in his hands.He had unreal vision and top end speed to match. It's a shame that he couldn't figure out how to run correct routes.
I just wish we could’ve had him for more than 1 year and with a better coach. The dude was a Bo Jackson like athlete. Maybe Percy Harvin is a better example. Yeah it’s a shame he hasn’t become more of a pure WR in the NFL, but still super happy about his success.

Hopefully one of these speedsters we’re bringing in can be somewhere close to CP’s level of game breaker. Lord knows we need it!

7-9. Jalin Hyatt, Jimmy Calloway and Malachi Wideman, receivers
At least one of these guys will have to be a factor. Perhaps all of them will be. But there’s no position on Tennessee’s roster more wide open for early impacts than receiver. Wideman, a borderline top-100 prospect, is the highest-rated of the group, but Calloway and Hyatt bring a little more speed, the biggest need in the Vols’ strong class of receivers. Hyatt is the fastest of the trio but Wideman is a bigger target at 6-foot-5 and just under 200 pounds. Both will probably add some weight before long, but beyond Josh Palmer and senior Brandon Johnson, there aren’t any proven entities for the Vols’ receiver group. Ramel Keyton is a good bet and USC grad transfer Velus Jones will be in the mix, but there is a ton of opportunity without Marquez Callaway and Jauan Jennings. Bet on at least one of these guys getting into the double digits for catches this season and becoming a mainstay in the rotation. All three could do it.
-Ubben

He was the best player at Tennessee that I have ever seen with the ball in his hands.He had unreal vision and top end speed to match. It's a shame that he couldn't figure out how to run correct routes.
Agreed. I’ve said the same before. I really think he could have been a All-SEC running back. The guy was greased lightening.

Did you ever see Stanley Morgan? Unbelievable speed and vision. A great VFL and pro. We don't talk about Stan often enough. Stanley was from Easley, SC. (Edited.to add last sentence)

Last edited:
Hyatt is the offensive newcomer I’m most excited about (outside of Bailey) but I can’t help but visualize that post route route being a dagger to some unfortunate rival late in the fourth quarter in the near future. I love our future at WR with Palmer, Johnson, Keyton, Byrd and Wideman but I can’t help but get excited imagining a receiver in orange who can blow past elite corners and track down a ball like Hyatt. Love that these guys spent time together to work on timing. Expect it to pay dividends in the near future.

Hyatt is the offensive newcomer I’m most excited about (outside of Bailey) but I can’t help but visualize that post route route being a dagger to some unfortunate rival late in the fourth quarter in the near future. I love our future at WR with Palmer, Johnson, Keyton, Byrd and Wideman but I can’t help but get excited imagining a receiver in orange who can blow past elite corners and track down a ball like Hyatt. Love that these guys spent time together to work on timing. Expect it to pay dividends in the near future.

I'm on the Hyatt train! Every time he steps on the field the run D is a little weaker, but the way he breaks on the deep slant is going to pay the bills. Either the safety helps, or it's a TD. So even if he doesn't have the numbers himself he's helping the RB succeed.

I think this kid is going to be our own Desean Jackson. Just the way he moves and the raw speed.

And he's so polished already. Great route runner. EXCELLENT hands. Yeah he's only 6'1 170 but most DBs will be too afraid to try and jam him.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back