'20 SC WR Jalin Hyatt (UT SIGNEE)

Evaluation from 247:

Thin, lean frame with little weight or significant mass at this stage. Should add some mass once he gets in a strength program, but is unlikely to ever be a very big player. Is among the very fastest players in the 2020 cycle with one of the faster verified 40 times nationally along with stellar times in the 100 and 200 meters. Plays for one of the top high school programs in South Carolina and has had a very productive high school career to date with a high touchdown rate. Can take the top off the defense as a deep threat and shows the ability to make some high level catches. Will have to gain some strength at the next level to aid in his ability to run through tackles after the catch. Can also stand to polish up his routes and continue improving consistency with his hands. Projects as an outside Z wide receiver who demands attention from safeties given his deep threat ability. Projects as a Power 5 starter who could blossom into a NFL Draft pick with furthered development.

giphy.gif

So this guy is skinny and unlikely to be a big player, but Arian Smith is an inch taller, weighs the same, but yet his evaluation says he has room to grow. Literally the same person, size and speed, but for some reason Arian is 2342342343 places higher. Good job 247 explaining that one.
One is committed to TN, the other is a GA lean. It's as simple as that.

One pays $$$ to camp and Hyatt just balls out.

Just want to point out that in no way shape or form am I saying Arian is bad
Let's also not forget that Arian doesn't even play receiver in high school. So he has no experience at the position, but is a top 100 player. Meanwhile Hyatt is just as fast and is a baller at the position in high school. No sense at all.

Is this the faster player on offense we have had in a long time? I remember buzz around Murphy and Jaq Jones being real fast IIRC but they never saw the field

Is this the faster player on offense we have had in a long time? I remember buzz around Murphy and Jaq Jones being real fast IIRC but they never saw the field

Those guys were more quick than fast.
Hyatt is a natural receiver that played for a National Ranked High School. And he's the fastest player in his state. We're talking Carl Pickens type field speed...

VN Store

Back