'20 SC WR Ger-Cari Caldwell (uscjr commit)

Have you watched Wren's highlights? They are almost all at RB. The kid is a burner for sure, but he looks like a track guy playing football. He is very raw and doesn't look like a natural football player. There is no doubt that you can always find a way to use someone with that speed, but I don't think he translates to being someone who puts up significant stats in the SEC. I think many coaches worry about his ability to run routes and his hands.

Have you watched Wren's highlights? They are almost all at RB. The kid is a burner for sure, but he looks like a track guy playing football. He is very raw and doesn't look like a natural football player. There is no doubt that you can always find a way to use someone with that speed, but I don't think he translates to being someone who puts up significant stats in the SEC. I think many coaches worry about his ability to run routes and his hands.

I think this sounds similar to people who talked about Hollywood Brown being too small, he had some of the same critiques. Ended up at OU and drafted 1st rd. OU wants this kid. I would like a Hollywood Brown type on our team

I just think of all the times Florida has burned us with guys similar to Wren. A lot of it is how you use them.

I think this sounds similar to people who talked about Hollywood Brown being too small, he had some of the same critiques. Ended up at OU and drafted 1st rd. OU wants this kid. I would like a Hollywood Brown type on our team
I never said he was to small. Speed compensates for a lot. My questions were about his potential to play receiver based on his highlights alone. The only receiving shown is on screens where the QB throws behind him and almost on the ground. Every play in the highlights is him out running everybody. I never said I wouldn't take this kid. He could end up being like the kid at Purdue right now (can't remember his name) but they are very similar in size. My questions all come down to hands and route running. I think Caldwell and Beckwith translate better as pure WR.

I never said he was to small. Speed compensates for a lot. My questions were about his potential to play receiver based on his highlights alone. The only receiving shown is on screens where the QB throws behind him and almost on the ground. Every play in the highlights is him out running everybody. I never said I wouldn't take this kid. He could end up being like the kid at Purdue right now (can't remember his name) but they are very similar in size. My questions all come down to hands and route running. I think Caldwell and Beckwith translate better as pure WR.

Rondale Moore. That guy is one of most explosive athletes in CFB. Squatted 600 as a 180 lb freshman.

I know Iā€™m just saying there were those same concerns about Hollywood Brown. People doubted his size, his ability to run routes, catch, etc... he turned out to be a first round pick. I am with you though itā€™s hard to predict as he doesnā€™t have much film on routes or playing receiver but I believe Iā€™d take that chance.

Not sure if we are still recruiting him, but I just read that Clemson is now trying to bring him in for a visit and he is visiting South Carolina.

How about a half dozen return touchdowns a year for ya?

Reactions: LittleVol
Chris Weinke worked the Carolinas seeing Ger-Cari Caldwell and checking in on Drake Maye and others in Charlotte.

Caldwell will visit South Carolina the last weekend and is supposed to visit Tennessee next. Clemson has entered the picture with Tee Higgins off to the NFL and that one could get very interesting over the last couple of weeks.

- Price

How many LLWS have you attended?
That place is a total cluster. Way out in BFE. Just happened to drive right through it this past year just as it was happening. Then a tornado began happening, it was madness all on a 1 lane road.

The stadium isn't off the highway, it's literally right on it. Insane setup they have. All the meanwhile kids and parents are running across the road...so the police have up an electronic traffic sign posted, "Be aware of peds"...at a kid's event. Maybe someone should have rethought that wording šŸ˜‚ good god they need to get new organizers.

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Vol

VN Store

Back