‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

If the staff wanted him he would’ve already been ours.

That is what they said about Bishop too. Till he sees what his best scholly offers are as the dust settles he can't weigh a PWO if we offer one. Which offers him his best chance to create value at the end of his career? We only added Leacock, Spillman and the transfer if my fav freshman is really headed to the RB room. Would the staff like this guy at 86-105 if he wants in? Wonder what Jalin is whispering in his ear A really good committable P5 or G5 scholly offer and it is over, downstream I am not so sure

That is what they said about Bishop too. Till he sees what his best scholly offers are as the dust settles he can't weigh a PWO if we offer one. Which offers him his best chance to create value at the end of his career? We only added Leacock, Spillman and the transfer if my fav freshman is really headed to the RB room. Would the staff like this guy at 86-105 if he wants in? Wonder what Jalin is whispering in his ear A really good committable P5 or G5 scholly offer and it is over, downstream I am not so sure

You’re going to die on this hill, aren’t you? Devin will be at a mid-major and you’ll be bumping this thread wondering when he’ll hit the portal and “come home.”

If he was truly talented and skilled enough then he would be getting recruiting traction right now. IMG offers all the eye balls and opportunities. If he was that good he would get seen for it. Starting in South Carolina to put up more meaningless stats would not change anything.
Not true lol. He had 5 star after 5 star in front of him

You’re going to die on this hill, aren’t you? Devin will be at a mid-major and you’ll be bumping this thread wondering when he’ll hit the portal and “come home.”

Not saying we SHOULD offer a PWO or he SHOULD take if we do, just saying I would love it if the staff's evaluation indicated he was worth one and the opportunity to play at UT and for a P5 school would be worth it to pass up a lessor scholly. I don't have a clue about how either side REALLY feels about that possibility right now. Would love for him to show up and blow up like his brother did. That is all.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
In case anyone is wondering about genealogy of football players, this guy is the younger brother of Jalin Hyatt. Jalin Hyatt is famous for his Hyatt hotels NIL, so maybe Devin can find a place to stay sometime soon.

In case anyone is wondering about genealogy of football players, this guy is the younger brother of Jalin Hyatt. Jalin Hyatt is famous for his Hyatt hotels NIL, so maybe Devin can find a place to stay sometime soon.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Frankwillie87
I hear you, but still need to know what our current staff analysis is on this guy.... His production at IMG is what it is, but so was big brothers early in his career as per the following.

Jalin Hyatt stats four games: Bowling Green 4 receptions 62 yards 0 tds Pitt 0 Tenn. Tech 0 Florida 0 _________ Season totals 4 receptions 62 yards 0 tds. No catches last three games!!!
So if they still believe in his long range abilities and can take advantage of everybody backing off due to his IMG numbers and get him as a NIL PWO if the family believes he would be better off with CJH and P5 experience over a lower level scholly, I am all in. Maybe both sides see a value add to him coming to UT. Not predicting it happens, but don't think it is off the table on either side. Might get a big bro schollie if he gets the big bucks, and just keep the apartment..... one year deal. if it does not work portal down somewhere, but know you took your best shot.

Why don’t you compare Jalin and Devin’s high school stats instead Jalin as a college freshman?

Why don’t you compare Jalin and Devin’s high school stats instead Jalin as a college freshman?

Don't know that either comparison is all that worthwhile, but thought maybe Devin's whole year without production at IMG and Jalin's first few games without production could support a staff just going with their evaluations with an expectation a player can live up to them over time. SO...... that is why I keep searching for our staff's opinion of him and not a study of production. If they are not believers he is worthy of being one of our 105 so be it. It COULD be a feel good story with a legacy, or AVOID a woulda coulda shoulda account down the road. OR NOT. If he turns down a PWO offer no harm no foul. NIL assisted or not. Guessing that we will have to get closer to late signing day before either side will address it. Whether we still have room and the final quality of all his offers.

Don't know that either comparison is all that worthwhile, but thought maybe Devin's whole year without production at IMG and Jalin's first few games without production could support a staff just going with their evaluations with an expectation a player can live up to them over time. SO...... that is why I keep searching for our staff's opinion of him and not a study of production. If they are not believers he is worthy of being one of our 105 so be it. It COULD be a feel good story with a legacy, or AVOID a woulda coulda shoulda account down the road. OR NOT. If he turns down a PWO offer no harm no foul. NIL assisted or not. Guessing that we will have to get closer to late signing day before either side will address it. Whether we still have room and the final quality of all his offers.
He isn’t in our 2023 class. THAT is our staff’s opinion of him. You don’t like it, so you refuse to drop it. They are not going to give you a call to discuss it, so you’re just going to have to live with disappointment.

He isn’t in our 2023 class. THAT is our staff’s opinion of him. You don’t like it, so you refuse to drop it. They are not going to give you a call to discuss it, so you’re just going to have to live with disappointment.

That does not mean that they would not consider him a good target for a PWO if he does not ultimately get scholly offers that meet his objectives. Offering a legacy a safety net is not a bad thing if the staff evaluations indicate his ceiling based on his tangibles and intangibles makes it a good use of a spot lower than 106. I don't know what the evaluations say. How about you? NLI to date not in play.

He still has time to get an offer that makes it moot. Hope he does. If not, adding him to our RB and QB accepting PWO's with scholly offers in hand works for me. Hope just the consideration works for Jalin and family. I do wonder if our people have been talking to his people hypothetically to get their thoughts on the possibility. A public offer on the table would at least be a factual basis for discussion if he were to go elsewhere and blows up. Might also be a plus if he does and jumps in the portal.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back