‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

I know a lot of people on here don’t like him, but Zach Smith said last night and this morning that he’s a superstar in the making and might be the best WR in the country. That man knows elite WR play when he sees it
The evidence is there now. If you put in the work, they will make you a star in this offense. We will be WR U once again.

The evidence is there now. If you put in the work, they will make you a star in this offense. We will be WR U once again.
I’m sure he will put in the work. He probably wants to be here more than any player in America. He will bust his ass from day 1. Especially if Jalin is still here and teaches him how to go about his business the right way

I know a lot of people on here don’t like him, but Zach Smith said last night and this morning that he’s a superstar in the making and might be the best WR in the country. That man knows elite WR play when he sees it
Prisoner of the moment type comment from him. Where was Zach Smith last week with that level of praise? Did one game suddenly make Hyatt the best WR in the country? No. That's just hyperbole at its finest.

Now, this is the kind of performance that will make people stand up and take notice, and he could be a superstar in the making. But if you believe he's suddenly the best WR in the nation, then he should have been on Smith's radar a week ago, too, but I'll bet you he (like many people making these same kind of comments) had little idea who Hyatt was before this performance.

Reactions: walkenvol
I’m sure he will put in the work. He probably wants to be here more than any player in America. He will bust his ass from day 1. Especially if Jalin is still here and teaches him how to go about his business the right way
No one has an issue with him coming in as a PWO. I think the issue is those that want to give him a scholarship. The Hyatt's haven't lost any love for the program over Devin not being in this class.

That has nothing to do with it. You realize great players also come from outside the SEC right? I would hate to hear your thoughts on Cooper Kupp or Devante Adams before they were drafted.

Hyatt is putting up video game numbers against the best defenses in the country. Addison has done it against much lesser competition. I also stipulated last night that Addison might be more complete at this point but that Hyatt was a more difficult single match up. Not to be rude, but I’m not really arguing this 30 hours after the fact.

That has nothing to do with it. You realize great players also come from outside the SEC right? I would hate to hear your thoughts on Cooper Kupp or Devante Adams before they were drafted.
Neither were top of mind to any draftnik outside the Eastern Washington and Fresno State fanbases.

Prisoner of the moment type comment from him. Where was Zach Smith last week with that level of praise? Did one game suddenly make Hyatt the best WR in the country? No. That's just hyperbole at its finest.

Now, this is the kind of performance that will make people stand up and take notice, and he could be a superstar in the making. But if you believe he's suddenly the best WR in the nation, then he should have been on Smith's radar a week ago, too, but I'll bet you he (like many people making these same kind of comments) had little idea who Hyatt was before this performance.
But it hasn’t been only one game this year.He has been dependable all year long so far.Besides gaining weight I don’t know what else he did in the off-season but I do know some of it has been self determination to get better.

Jalin caught 5 TDs against bama.

Social media is blowing up with highlights of those catches. Who are on social media? 15-19 year olds. How many 5 stars are now taking a look at the Vols because of the bama win? We don’t beat bama without Jalin.

Give his brother a scholarship.

A 4 year ride at UT $200k

Beating Alabama after 15 years of misery.. priceless

Hyatt is putting up video game numbers against the best defenses in the country. Addison has done it against much lesser competition. I also stipulated last night that Addison might be more complete at this point but that Hyatt was a more difficult single match up. Not to be rude, but I’m not really arguing this 30 hours after the fact.

Hyatt has had 2 truly great games so far in his career. Saturday and earlier this year against Akron. Those are this only "video game" numbers he's put up so far.

I love Hyatt as much as the next guy, but 1 game hasn't magically put him into 1st round consideration.

Reactions: walkenvol
A lot of folks seemed to think Devin was going to be better than Jalen until he went to IMG. The physical talent seems to be there, but his new environment isn't working out for whatever reason. I think if he's fast like his older brother, then this staff could work with him.

A lot of folks seemed to think Devin was going to be better than Jalen until he went to IMG. The physical talent seems to be there, but his new environment isn't working out for whatever reason. I think if he's fast like his older brother, then this staff could work with him.

The staff can also work with fast players who are better than Devin Hyatt. Which is why they’re recruiting fast players they think are better than him.

But it hasn’t been only one game this year.He has been dependable all year long so far.Besides gaining weight I don’t know what else he did in the off-season but I do know some of it has been self determination to get better.
I didn't say he hadn't been dependable all year. There's just an entire gulf of possibilities between "dependable all year long" and best WR in the country.

Reactions: berryvol
I don't see Hyatt leaving after this season. I see he and Bru staying, Squirrel/Nimrod stepping into that third receiver role, and we keep the train moving.

Merrill is ahead of Nimrod at this point, and though I haven’t seen either of them play, O would think that Webb is too.

VN Store

Back