‘23 SC WR Devin Hyatt (Arizona)

I'm torn. I love Jalin and the work ethic he's developed here. If his younger brother could emulate that behavior, he'd be a good addition to the roster. But he's fell off the radar since transferring and the staff seems to have moved on to other targets. And I trust this staff. I think the Hyatts unintentionally sabotaged Devin when they switched schools with him.

I'm torn. I love Jalin and the work ethic he's developed here. If his younger brother could emulate that behavior, he'd be a good addition to the roster. But he's fell off the radar since transferring and the staff seems to have moved on to other targets. And I trust this staff. I think the Hyatts unintentionally sabotaged Devin when they switched schools with him.
It was a calculated risk that unfortunately didn't pay dividends, but good parents try to give their kids the best chance to be successful.

It was a calculated risk that unfortunately didn't pay dividends, but good parents try to give their kids the best chance to be successful.
That's what I don't understand, though...yes, IMG is what it is, but Dutch Fork is, too. DF is one of the best HS programs in the entire nation...ill never understand that decision.

I have been one that has held on to an NIL deal to be offered as a failsafe for him ONLY IF the staff's evaluation of him is he still has a ceiling after growth and development like his brother. We are uniquely situated to allow them to not have to choose between game sites next season. If the staff thinks he just got buried and not developed at IMG and the skills are still there AND in their view it would be reasonably received by the family, go for it... It has not been that long ago that his brother's value was being questioned (cut and paste from FB forum below).... If not a win/win opportunity, then don't put it out there. Might not be a big enough win for either side. Not wanting to just throw a bone out there.

Where is Jalin Hyatt ? ... See stats

Jalin Hyatt stats four games:

Bowling Green 4 receptions 62 yards 0 tds
Pitt 0
Tenn. Tech 0
Florida 0
_________
Season totals 4 receptions 62 yards 0 tds. No catches last three games!!!

Great game by him, today, but that is an overreaction.

Tell me another WR in the country that’s harder to cover one on one? People forget that this kid has Jameson Williams type speed. This kid hasn’t put up huge stats to begin his career but he’s starting to…….and he would absolutely kill it at the combine. I try not to overreact but I could see him being a day one pick.

He’s been our best WR this year even when Tillman was healthy. At the very least he’s a day 2 draft pick
Disagree that he's been our best when Tillman is out there. He's certainly benefitted from having Tillman and Bru out there with single coverage, and he's been really good when Tillman has missed time. Day 2 pick is his absolute ceiling, right now. He wasn't on anyone's radar as an NFL draft pick two months ago. He'll be getting a lot of hype after this performance and can work himself into the conversation. This is the type performance that gets your name out there, raises your profile, and scouts start monitoring your performance and studying your past performances, as well.

Tell me another WR in the country that’s harder to cover one on one? People forget that this kid has Jameson Williams type speed. This kid hasn’t put up huge stats to begin his career but he’s starting to…….and he would absolutely kill it at the combine. I try not to overreact but I could see him being a day one pick.
Jordan Addison, for starters. And it isn't a knock on Hyatt to not believe that one great performance took him from a 5th-6th round pick, at best, to a 1st rounder.

As I said, this performance gets his name out there. What he does after this will determine where he's drafted. He is having the type season that Tillman had last year, and was nearly as insignificant over his first two years as Tillman was. Tillman wouldn't have been a 1st-rounder in the 22 Draft, which is why he came back. And he was awesome over the entire year. I say that to say that Tillman has a lot of advantages over Hyatt, and still wouldn't have been a 1st-rounder. Now, he may be, next year, and if Hyatt continues a similar path, he could do it in the 24 Draft. I just am leery of making that declaration off of one great performance.

Disagree that he's been our best when Tillman is out there. He's certainly benefitted from having Tillman and Bru out there with single coverage, and he's been really good when Tillman has missed time. Day 2 pick is his absolute ceiling, right now. He wasn't on anyone's radar as an NFL draft pick two months ago. He'll be getting a lot of hype after this performance and can work himself into the conversation. This is the type performance that gets your name out there, raises your profile, and scouts start monitoring your performance and studying your past performances, as well.
That’s true but you not taking into account his blazing 40 time he will run which will also shoot him up the boards especially the more we win… he won’t make it out of the 2nd round at all

That’s true but you not taking into account his blazing 40 time he will run which will also shoot him up the boards especially the more we win… he won’t make it out of the 2nd round at all
If you're talking the 2023 Draft, not sure I agree, right now. If he further builds off this performance, runs a sub 4.4 40 at the Combine, I'm inclined to agree with you. Projected stats of 65-70 catches, 1200 yds, and 14 TDs will certainly make people sit up and take notice. And tonight's performance against a team like Bama is the kind of performance that gets your name in every headline to catapult your profile.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back