SC will not play UCONN

Lucky for UConn....They can find some high school team to put in the SC game time slot....Then ESPN can say how they dominated...

I understand the reason SC wanted out of the game, but a lot of people were waiting for UConn to get their ass handed to them by South Carolina, now they can just skate on by...
www.smosh_.com-lucky-people-pedesrians.gif
Now they’ll have to settle for the Lady Vols to hand The Con their asses on a plate.

Not sure why Dawn's decision is being made into a controversy. If I were a coach, in this circumstance, I would prioritize the conference as well. Just because Dawn is having to adapt to a more competitive SEC race, does not make her chicken or a tool. The Uconn game does not nothing for SC. If they win," yeah, its a down year for Uconn" and no ranking benefit. Everyone knows SC is better than Uconn. Honestly, if Kellie cancelled our game against Uconn, I would not mind,. Uconn NEEDS that game a lot more than the LVs who are currently in a title race and projected as a 1 seed.

Last edited:
Lucky for UConn....They can find some high school team to put in the SC game time slot....Then ESPN can say how they dominated...

I understand the reason SC wanted out of the game, but a lot of people were waiting for UConn to get their ass handed to them by South Carolina, now they can just skate on by...
www.smosh_.com-lucky-people-pedesrians.gif
FYI GT, instead of SC on Thursday, Uconn is playing a makeup game with DePaul on Wednesday. Should be a good game.

It would be great to win the SEC regular season but isn't it more prestigious to win the SEC tournament?

Just win both outright. I hate the “sharing” idea of it. Even if a certain team has the same record head 2 head should take care of that even if records are identical. But in this case the tournament helps sort that out, like last year when TAMU won the regular season but SC won the tournament.

If Tennesse only lose to SC, they still get a share of the title but will get the 2nd seed in the tournament. I think Tennesse last regular season championship was shared with SC.

Are you leaving out the last "e" in Tennessee, because until we win another title, we are just Tennesse? Shrewd.

I have to press the "e" on my keyboard extra hard. However, the last "e" didn't post. 😏

Ahh Gotcha.

Reactions: shiverz
Not sure why Dawn's decision is being made into a controversy. If I were a coach, in this circumstance, I would prioritize the conference as well. Just because Dawn is having to adapt to a more competitive SEC race, does not make her chicken or a tool. The Uconn does not nothing for SC. If they win," yeah, its a down year for Uconn" Everyone knows SC is better than Uconn. Honestly, if Kellie cancelled our game against Uconn, I would not mind,. Uconn NEEDS that game a lot more than the LVs who are currently in a title race and projected as a 1 seed.
UConn needs both the SC game and TN game more than the SEC teams do. It will be for naught, since they'd likely lose to both, but it would have at least made their pitiful schedule look better. Without those games, they just have the SC, Louisville, Oregon, ND and USF games as the only ones against competitive teams. That's pretty sad!

I don't see how they can be a top 4 regional seed unless they find a way to beat Tennessee, and the odds of that are slim.

FYI GT, instead of SC on Thursday, Uconn is playing a makeup game with DePaul on Wednesday. Should be a good game.
UConn won't have Christyn Williams suited up. If Aneesha Morrows shows out like she's done all season, this could be just another highlight on UConn's season lol.

Remember when they were saying that their bench would be a top 5 team? Guess that hasn't been the case...

UConn won't have Christyn Williams suited up. If Aneesha Morrows shows out like she's done all season, this could be just another highlight on UConn's season lol.

Remember when they were saying that their bench would be a top 5 team? Guess that hasn't been the case...
Glad the game is at Depaul and I hope the refs let them play and not try to be the reason UConn has an answer for Aneesha when as of right now, no one has. She's a problem even at 6'1"

I didn't think you could just back out of game on your schedule like this. Maybe Geno just agreed to it as he knew he was going to get another loss.

Reactions: GameTime
I think we can all agree that we had been looking forward to SC trouncing CT. They'd already beaten them once WITH Bueckers and Williams, so the game on Thursday, AT SC, was going to be a satisfying spectacle.

What could have been! Oh, well.

But who knows? While I feel it's unlikely, it's not impossible to think that DePaul could play out of their minds and provide a different kind of satisfaction to the world of wcbb. How many years has it been since Bruno beat Auriemma, anyway? I sure wish his team luck on Thursday -- would be fun to watch a team with probably zero Top 20 recruits steal one from the team that is comprised mostly of Top 10s. I don't expect it'll happen, but I'd be glad if it did.

Go DePaul!

I think we can all agree that we had been looking forward to SC trouncing CT. They'd already beaten them once WITH Bueckers and Williams, so the game on Thursday, AT SC, was going to be a satisfying spectacle.

What could have been! Oh, well.

But who knows? While I feel it's unlikely, it's not impossible to think that DePaul could play out of their minds and provide a different kind of satisfaction to the world of wcbb. How many years has it been since Bruno beat Auriemma, anyway? I sure wish his team luck on Thursday -- would be fun to watch a team with probably zero Top 20 recruits steal one from the team that is comprised mostly of Top 10s. I don't expect it'll happen, but I'd be glad if it did.

Go DePaul!
Now I am hoping that Depaul can trounce them.

Reactions: T.J. and chuckiepoo
How about this to make sense: Staley will receive $15,000 for winning 11 or more SEC games, $100,000 for winning the SEC regular-season

She's concerned about losing the title to a team who has played more games and has a higher win percentage.

She saved you guys a national embarrassment on ESPN and you still want to throw shade. You should send her a tweet thanking her and move on.

Although we'd like to play UConn at home there's little to be gained. Our Lady G's have already soundly defeated them when they weren't short handed. Playing an SEC make up game so we aren't handicapped by playing fewer games is the right thing to do. It would be great to win the SEC regular season but isn't it more prestigious to win the SEC tournament?

I always thought that was an ACC thing. It is harder to win the regular season than the tournament. Any good team can get hot and win the tournament over a weekend. I will agree it looks like it is more of a celebration for the tournament championship.

Not sure why Dawn's decision is being made into a controversy. If I were a coach, in this circumstance, I would prioritize the conference as well. Just because Dawn is having to adapt to a more competitive SEC race, does not make her chicken or a tool. The Uconn game does not nothing for SC. If they win," yeah, its a down year for Uconn" and no ranking benefit. Everyone knows SC is better than Uconn. Honestly, if Kellie cancelled our game against Uconn, I would not mind,. Uconn NEEDS that game a lot more than the LVs who are currently in a title race and projected as a 1 seed.
Perfectly stated.

VN Store

Back