SC/NC state

I doubt Dawn's post-game remarks were news to the team because I'd bet she already blasted them at half-time with similar criticism.
she said she told them in the game she could be blindfolded with the defense and shoot better then 10%(her team was scoring at 10% at the time)

I was really surprised in the shooting success(or lack) both teams had. Boston was covered completely by the Wolfpack. I didn't notice her until she hit a couple of threes. I know it is early in the season, but Grissett did not impress me in her minutes. They drove right around her. Amihere had a good game for Dawn. I thought both teams played hard, with very active defense. Dawn will be back.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Watch the game from last night and if you dont remember the doo teams we had that is your loss.

I remember before, some of our players appeared more concerned with their hair than scoring...I won't say their names, but they had some wild hair..
8b3b986d186b3b85891e5ae05163ab32.jpg

Reactions: sccshortstop
Question, Should I watch Dawn's disbelieving rant on her team or more Davey504 videos on youtube. best bassist ever! lol

USC in big games is almost always an eyesore, even the ones they win. Elite defense, vague semblance of an offense... I don't know why so many big time recruits are flocking to a program that plays their style of basketball...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I remember before, some of our players appeared more concerned with their hair than scoring...I won't say their names, but they had some wild hair..
8b3b986d186b3b85891e5ae05163ab32.jpg

Nothing wilder than Rae the last two years, but I don't think anyone questions her effort.

Anriel Howard still wins the award for most dolled up on the court (the hair, lashes and nails), but no one would want a piece of her on the court (or apparently the WWE ring these days).

Guess I'm just saying you could give 2 damns about your appearance, but still be a lion on the court.

I will finish with you and will say something about Kara. She was my choice for our head coach but from listening to those close to Fulmer since she was on the board of trustees that she had no interest in the job. Proud of her getting the head job at Duke but really think she should have stepped down from our board of trustees. Maybe the prestige or even the money kept her from doing it but i am not a big time booster so be it.

Reactions: GameTime
Nothing wilder than Rae the last two years, but I don't think anyone questions her effort.

Anriel Howard still wins the award for most dolled up on the court (the hair, lashes and nails), but no one would want a piece of her on the court (or apparently the WWE ring these days).

Guess I'm just saying you could give 2 damns about your appearance, but still be a lion on the court.
Rae??? wild hair on the court???

Rae always has her natural curly hair in a ponytail/messy bun...and sometimes she gets her hair done and has braids definitely not the wildest hair-do

natural curly hair messy bun
9497134.jpg

Braids:
rae-burrell-schedule.jpg

maybe what you are referring to is this pic BUT she wouldn't dare walk on the court with this long hair it was for a picture day so she glammed up and got rid of it the next day😭😭
122779230_376197796862434_2139597254476340779_n.jpg

Rae??? wild hair on the court???

Rae always has her natural curly hair in a ponytail/messy bun...and sometimes she gets her hair done and has braids definitely not the wildest hair-do

natural curly hair messy bun
View attachment 327869

Braids:
View attachment 327871

maybe what you are referring to is this pic BUT she wouldn't dare walk on the court with this long hair it was for a picture day so she glammed up and got rid of it the next day😭😭
View attachment 327872
It was the braids one, but I remember them dyed blonde. And a lot of them. Seemed like one of those hairstyles that could be distracting on the court with thin braids flying in all directions.

On that point, probably no LV cared more about her and appearance than CP3 and ya know, she was a kinda of okay player. And there a lot of male athletes who spend mucho time making sure they have just right the cut and just the right patterns shaved into their hair.

Any soccer fans? Cristiano Ronaldo is a flat out fashion model on the field and again, he does sort of decent, being widely regarded as the best or second best player in the world.

And I haven't heard too many complaints that James Harden's hipster beard keeps him from playing hard. And Lebron James had hair transplants done a few years back so, uh, I guess he kind of cared about his hairdo as well.

Not my guy, but there is this Tom Brady dude who also takes his appearance pretty seriously and he has had, ya know, not a bad career.

Watch the game from last night and if you dont remember the doo teams we had that is your loss.
I feel like there are some racial undertones to this post. Black women’s hair is not weird. Braids, Bantu knots, afros, cornrows, extension ponytails etc are not weird, it’s part of our culture.

It was the braids one, but I remember them dyed blonde. And a lot of them. Seemed like one of those hairstyles that could be distracting on the court with thin braids flying in all directions.
Black women have been wearing braids for centuries! It’s cultural expression and there’s nothing weird about that. 🙄

Black women have been wearing braids for centuries! It’s cultural expression and there’s nothing weird about that. 🙄
I didn't say there was. I said it's weird ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, where the braids could whip around and be distracting...which I said in the post you quoted. Baylor has a white player who sometimes wears the same style, and my opinion holds true for her just as much.

Not a race thing, it's a practicality ON THE COURT observation.

VN Store

Back