SC/NC state

As a diehard LV fan nothing more satisfying than seeing Staleys marauders get beat at home by the NC State wolfpack. They hacked and bitched but still lost! That team looked like ours did a few years back with the all hairdo ladies.
We should have hired Wes Moore as Pats successor. But no way the LV Mafia would have a male coach.

Dawn is pissed.....lol will Kellie ever be like this in a presser after a loss😭😭

Eh, fans may love that kind of public flogging but I am not sure that putting the team under the bus in this way is productive in the long run. The words that matter are between coaches and players.

I would much rather hear more standard coach speak about not having prepared the team sufficiently and we all have work to do. Coaches have to take responsibility- if your team is uncoachable, un-tame-able (not sure that is an actual word), selfish that it is kind of on you coach.

Last edited:
I would much rather heaemore standard coach speak about not having prepared the team sufficiently and we all have work to do. Coaches have to take responsibility- if your team is uncoachable, un-tame-able (not sure that is an actual word), selfish that it is kind of on you coach.

It doesn't say much for her vaunted recent recruiting classes if she brought in uncoachable players who won't listen to their coach.

Of course, all this is just the sort of mind games her storied neighbor to the north likes to play with his players. And it can obviously get results with the type of alpha player whose response is to get mad with an, "II'll show you!!!" attitude or the athlete whose pride is ruffled or even the player who is remorseful for letting down her coach.

It's not necessarily a good public look, but if it gets results, no one will care and Staley will even be praised for her candor and for pushing her players to excel. It's the public equivalent of kicking the team out of their cushy locker room and lounge until tbe earn privileges back through effort.

Neither team shot the ball well, but State outhustled SC for loose balls and showed more poise. SC had been flirting with a loss the past couple of games, and the cock came home to roost. Or the pack feasted on a lethargic fowl. Something metaphory.

Eh, fans may love that kind of public flogging but I am not sure that putting the team under the bus in this way is productive in the long run. The words that matter are between coaches and players.

I would much rather hear more standard coach speak about not having prepared the team sufficiently and we all have work to do. Coaches have to take responsibility- if your team is uncoachable, un-tame-able (not sure that is an actual word), selfish that it is kind of on you coach.

So you must not have loved Pats after game media quotes LOL... it is so funny this is coming up because If you watch the Hornbuckle\ Maria C show she stated after the ETSU game Alexis stated that if you had a bad game or the team had a bad game she called them out right with the player sitting beside her 😁 SHOOT... hornbuckle said she called players out by NAME 😂😂😂 “Well... Alexis was just terrible” or something like that

I am sure her team gets it and she didn’t just put on a show and that post game presser was exactly how she coaches them. Dawn has a bit of Pat/Geno in her lol

Neither team could shoot a lick all came down to free throw shooting and one team made theirs and the other didn't. South Carolina at this point doesn't seem to be a very good shooting team. I think you always miss two senior players and that also is hurting them this season.

Last edited:
NCS bench did not score. Starters played most of the game.

Their main 6th woman had to start as Jada Boyd was out for the evening with a meniscus issue. She Averages 14pts and about 5 boards I think. They aren’t a very deep team this season but their 6-7 better players are very talented. I thought SC would win easily when I heard Boyd was out as she is generally their second option.

source.gif

It doesn't say much for her vaunted recent recruiting classes if she brought in uncoachable players who won't listen to their coach.

Of course, all this is just the sort of mind games her storied neighbor to the north likes to play with his players. And it can obviously get results with the type of alpha player whose response is to get mad with an, "II'll show you!!!" attitude or the athlete whose pride is ruffled or even the player who is remorseful for letting down her coach.

It's not necessarily a good public look, but if it gets results, no one will care and Staley will even be praised for her candor and for pushing her players to excel. It's the public equivalent of kicking the team out of their cushy locker room and lounge until tbe earn privileges back through effort.

Neither team shot the ball well, but State outhustled SC for loose balls and showed more poise. SC had been flirting with a loss the past couple of games, and the cock came home to roost. Or the pack feasted on a lethargic fowl. Something metaphory.

Pat was Pat and coaching in a different era. Plus, saying that player X had a bad game is a little different from declaring your whole team uncoachable and untame-able. But Dawn does what Dawn does. IF you like it, cool.

Reactions: Rickster
I doubt Dawn's post-game remarks were news to the team because I'd bet she already blasted them at half-time with similar criticism.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back