SC/NC state

I didn't say there was. I said it's weird ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, where the braids could whip around and be distracting...which I said in the post you quoted. Baylor has a white player who sometimes wears the same style, and my opinion holds true for her just as much.

Not a race thing, it's a practicality ON THE COURT observation.

Do you mean it would be like bothersome on the court ? Maybe using the word “weird” when it refers to someone’s culture at any point on being on the court or not is the hang up. If a person wants to express their culture at anytime it shouldn’t be weird. I can see where a person might think it may seem like it limits the player, or bothersome because it cockle be distracting, or something of that.

But saying something like that is WEIRD at any point might be the hang up. If you had a muslim player playing in a head scarf i wouldn’t call it weird.

But to bring it back to basketball and this thread i don’t think hair had anything to do with the poor shooting 😂

Do you mean it would be like bothersome on the court ? Maybe using the word “weird” when it refers to someone’s culture at any point on being on the court or not is the hang up. If a person wants to express their culture at anytime it shouldn’t be weird. I can see where a person might think it may seem like it limits the player, or bothersome because it cockle be distracting, or something of that.

But saying something like that is WEIRD at any point might be the hang up. If you had a muslim player playing in a head scarf i wouldn’t call it weird.

But to bring it back to basketball and this thread i don’t think hair had anything to do with the poor shooting 😂

I never said her hair was weird. I said in my post: "Seemed like one of those hairstyles that could be distracting on the court with thin braids flying in all directions." My exact quote.

Using your other example...yes, I would find it weird choice if a Muslim player chose to play in a hijab (or a burqa for that matter). Not because I think either is "weird" in itself...but because they have other commonly available choices that would allow them to remain true to their culture, but practical enough to play basketball with. The hijab would probably come undone within 5 minutes, and the burqa isn't really the best choice for running.

Bringing it back to basketball...everyone should just shave their heads. Problem solved! No hair getting in their face = 90% from the FT line and 60% from the floor. Boom!

Bringing it back to basketball...everyone should just shave their heads. Problem solved! No hair getting in their face = 90% from the FT line and 60% from the floor. Boom!

Very Grant Williams-esque of you

I never said her hair was weird. I said in my post: "Seemed like one of those hairstyles that could be distracting on the court with thin braids flying in all directions." My exact quote.

Using your other example...yes, I would find it weird choice if a Muslim player chose to play in a hijab (or a burqa for that matter). Not because I think either is "weird" in itself...but because they have other commonly available choices that would allow them to remain true to their culture, but practical enough to play basketball with. The hijab would probably come undone within 5 minutes, and the burqa isn't really the best choice for running.

I didn't say there was. I said it's weird ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, where the braids could whip around and be distracting...which I said in the post you quoted. Baylor has a white player who sometimes wears the same style, and my opinion holds true for her just as much.

Your quote was “I didn't say there was. I said it's weird ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, where the braids could whip around and be distracting...which I said in the post you quoted. Baylor has a white player who sometimes wears the same style, and my opinion holds true for her just as much”.

Your second sentence literally says I said it was WEIRD LOL ... I don’t think you had malice but i can see where someone would take offense. if you don’t that’s fine that’s your lens.

Not a race thing, it's a practicality ON THE COURT observation.
Let me give you an educational lesson. As a Black woman who played college ball, has coached basketball, and who grew up watching UT and college basketball, I will tell you that wearing braids as an athlete, but particularly as a basketball player, was/is done as a protective style for our natural hair. Back when I played almost every Black girl wore braids. Now, the majority of the players play in sew-ins, another protective style. Some of your fave Vols of all times wore braids...Niya Butts (look at A Cinderella Story) Chamique Holdsclaw wore microbraids, I mean the list goes on and on. Instead of making uneducated, culturally insensitive statements...ask questions. Learn the reasons behind why things are done a certain way. Our country would come a long way if people actually talked instead of automatically dismissing things they don’t understand as weird.

That’s the trouble with posts etc. no facial expression, no body language, no intonation, don’t even know the person in any way...not even a “just met”. It’s communication through a wavy glass at best. Then people comprehend what they believe is meant rather than what was meant, sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly.

My belief, go for safety, functionality, comfort - in that order. After that look good. Don’t care who you are. And remember, everyone has their own opinion of what ‘looks good’.

That’s the trouble with posts etc. no facial expression, no body language, no intonation, don’t even know the person in any way...not even a “just met”. It’s communication through a wavy glass at best. Then people comprehend what they believe is meant rather than what was meant, sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly.

My belief, go for safety, functionality, comfort - in that order. After that look good. Don’t care who you are. And remember, everyone has their own opinion of what ‘looks good’.
you tell em SV

Eh, fans may love that kind of public flogging but I am not sure that putting the team under the bus in this way is productive in the long run. The words that matter are between coaches and players.

I would much rather hear more standard coach speak about not having prepared the team sufficiently and we all have work to do. Coaches have to take responsibility- if your team is uncoachable, un-tame-able (not sure that is an actual word), selfish that it is kind of on you coach.
It sounded like Muffet McGraw last year. The thing with MM is that it was every game. I think Dawn will get them straightened out as best they can but this team doesn't look as good as last year. I think Ty and HH meant an awful lot to last year.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It sounded like Muffet McGraw last year. The thing with MM is that it was every game. I think Dawn will get them straightened out as best they can but this team doesn't look as good as last year. I think Ty and HH meant an awful lot to last year.

Lots of judgment from fans whose team has either yet to play or has beaten up on cupcakes. In just five games this season SC has already played an RPI schedule tougher than just about any other team will have this year. No team will be as tested and prepared come March than SC and we can save the judgement for then because what team is perfect in December?

Lots of judgment from fans whose team has either yet to play or has beaten up on cupcakes. In just five games this season SC has already played an RPI schedule tougher than just about any other team will have this year. No team will be as tested and prepared come March than SC and we can save the judgement for then because what team is perfect in December?

Do you feel better? LOL you continually know you are on a TN board and just as many judgments that you see you also see lots is people saying they’ll get it straightened out.

But let’s also not act like people on this board weren’t saying they would be just as strong as last year 👀 you enjoy the wins? gotta take some punches ...

for the record i think they’ll be ok by the time a tourney rolls around i think we all can agree we HOPE there is one

Please do not confuse opinion with judgement. Differing opinions are what makes a good forum. It is my opinion that this SC team will have a hard time making up the 30% scoring and, more significantly, the 43% of assists that HH and Ty created. Time will tell. I expect SC to be a very good team, to win the SEC, and to at least contend for the final four. But last years team, IMHO, was a better team. That is what I meant in my post and if that causes you to take umbrage, I suggest you develop a thicker skin if you're going to hang around this forum.

Looks like Dawn got it turned around today with an 83-65 win over the 23rd ranked team. She said she’d get them straightened out by Sunday. I think she demanded it. Kinda like Pat...whatever her tactic it usually worked! Go Lady Vols—let’s get this turned around before we see Texas!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Please do not confuse opinion with judgement. Differing opinions are what makes a good forum. It is my opinion that this SC team will have a hard time making up the 30% scoring and, more significantly, the 43% of assists that HH and Ty created. Time will tell. I expect SC to be a very good team, to win the SEC, and to at least contend for the final four. But last years team, IMHO, was a better team. That is what I meant in my post and if that causes you to take umbrage, I suggest you develop a thicker skin if you're going to hang around this forum.

That was directed towards you specifically I’m just saying the past couple of days I’ve seen many fans bashing and going hard or SC. We may have looked bad Thursday but a lot of these teams look even worse lol. It is what is it I’m just glad they bounced back.

VN Store

Back