#SayHisName Trends After Media Refuse To Report On Alleged Murder Of 5-Year-Old Cannon Hinnant

Victim doesn't have to be a "role model" for it to be a "real race issue"
Is Floyd a race issue or an excessive force issue? I've not seen anything to actually suggest race played a role in his death, though plenty have put forth the narrative to suggest it. He was alleged to have committed a crime. Police showed up and initiated an arrest. Floyd resisted arrest. Police attempted to subdue him and an officer used excessive force that either caused or contributed to Floyd's death. Other than the officer was white and Floyd was black, what about any of that screams racism? Nothing suggests he was killed for being black. He pissed off the cops by resisting arrest. He didn't deserve to die for it, but they didn't target him because of the color of his skin.

Is Floyd a race issue or an excessive force issue? I've not seen anything to actually suggest race played a role in his death, though plenty have put forth the narrative to suggest it. He was alleged to have committed a crime. Police showed up and initiated an arrest. Floyd resisted arrest. Police attempted to subdue him and an officer used excessive force that either caused or contributed to Floyd's death. Other than the officer was white and Floyd was black, what about any of that screams racism? Nothing suggests he was killed for being black. He pissed off the cops by resisting arrest. He didn't deserve to die for it, but they didn't target him because of the color of his skin.
You are missing their point. It could have been a black cop. Their stance, whether you agree with it or not, is that blacks people and others of color are subjected to a system that treats them more harshly then whites people. Not just deaths in custody but length of prison sentences and many other things. That’s their argument.

So go ask the breast cancer march people why they aren't marching for prostate cancer. Same dumb thinking.

Yes you do. There is a long history of those very things in the US. That is why when its a white person that commits an act like this the question is posed.

This wasn't racial violence. Historically and currently the racial attacks are committed by white people. No amount of racist rhetoric you spout can change the facts.

This is sad.

Nothing to do with race and the response was very reasonable. Find something else to cry about snowflake.
So you claim that “Historically and currently the racial attacks are committed by white people”? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever hear. Black people commit just as many racial motivatied attacks as ANYBODY. That’s just as dumb as blacks saying they can’t be racist. I say both statements are horses///. And your statement proves just how racist YOU are. You have absolutely no proof that this want racially motivated. The only one that knows for sure is the black guy that pulled the trigger. And that LONG history of white Violence against blacks is ancient History.

You are missing their point. It could have been a black cop. Their stance, whether you agree with it or not, is that blacks people and others of color are subjected to a system that treats them more harshly then whites people. Not just deaths in custody but length of prison sentences and many other things. That’s their argument.

I don't completely agree with that. I think there are some kernels of truth there, but I think a lot of the message has been corrupted. George Floyd was not treated differently for being black. Police used excessive force after he resisted arrest. Nothing excuses that excessive force and the officers involved should absolutely answer for it, but had he not resisted arrest, chances are George Floyd is still alive. His death is being co-opted for a political statement, which is exactly what some are accusing people of doing with this child. We need to look at the facts of both cases and search for truth. As of right now, I don't see the murder of this child as race related, nor do I see the death of George Floyd as race related. So why are people trying to make both about race?

Careful that is raciss talk.
WHY DO YOU HATE BLACK LIVES!!?

I don't completely agree with that. I think there are some kernels of truth there, but I think a lot of the message has been corrupted. George Floyd was not treated differently for being black. Police used excessive force after he resisted arrest. Nothing excuses that excessive force and the officers involved should absolutely answer for it, but had he not resisted arrest, chances are George Floyd is still alive. His death is being co-opted for a political statement, which is exactly what some are accusing people of doing with this child. We need to look at the facts of both cases and search for truth. As of right now, I don't see the murder of this child as race related, nor do I see the death of George Floyd as race related. So why are people trying to make both about race?
Their position, on top of the nonsense that happened in GA with Arbery, is what fed this fire. They feel, and IMO there is clear evidence to support it, is they are treated differently. I think it’s more of a poverty thing. But that shouldn’t be right either.

Their position, on top of the nonsense that happened in GA with Arbery, is what fed this fire. They feel, and IMO there is clear evidence to support it, is they are treated differently. I think it’s more of a poverty thing. But that shouldn’t be right either.

Historically, I would agree. I don't think, currently, perception matches reality. Does racism still exist? Absolutely. Are there racist cops? Absolutely. Is every cop racist or looking to do harm to black people? I don't think so. Personally, I think history causes people to have a distorted view of reality. White people get killed by cops too, but they rarely make headlines. And I say that to say this, I think police brutality, regardless of race, is an issue that deserves attention. It's not always about race. Sometimes cops just go too far because they feel disrespected.

Though I've been told it's racist, I try to live my life colorblind. Skin color doesn't matter to me. A person is a person, and I look for their character, not their skin color.

Historically, I would agree. I don't think, currently, perception matches reality. Does racism still exist? Absolutely. Are there racist cops? Absolutely. Is every cop racist or looking to do harm to black people? I don't think so. Personally, I think history causes people to have a distorted view of reality. White people get killed by cops too, but they rarely make headlines. And I say that to say this, I think police brutality, regardless of race, is an issue that deserves attention. It's not always about race. Sometimes cops just go too far because they feel disrespected.

Though I've been told it's racist, I try to live my life colorblind. Skin color doesn't matter to me. A person is a person, and I look for their character, not their skin color.
That’s great and all but there are obvious differences. Again I think it’s more wealth related then race. If you have a non state issued lawyer you will be better off. Think about stop and frisk laws.

I believe in shining the light on true racism, but when you scream racism over everything, it's like the boy who cried wolf. It gets harder to believe. It hurts the truth. And that's never good. From everything I've currently read or seen, Floyd was not killed over race.

I think you can absolutely make a case for racism in the Ahmaud Arbery case.

Reactions: hmhawk
That’s great and all but there are obvious differences. Again I think it’s more wealth related then race. If you have a non state issued lawyer you will be better off. Think about stop and frisk laws.
You talk as if all black people are poor. They are not. And if you're making the point of racial profiling, I agree it's a problem that needs to be fixed. In order for people to peacefully coexist, changes need to happen from everyone involved.

You talk as if all black people are poor. They are not. And if you're making the point of racial profiling, I agree it's a problem that needs to be fixed. In order for people to peacefully coexist, changes need to happen from everyone involved.
I am not claiming all black people are poor. That’s stupid. Nor did I imply that. I am talking from a systemic judicial inequality standpoint. Which all data suggests it impacts the poor more. And the inner cities the most. Who, guess what, are predominately made of POC.

So it has nothing to do with actual crime committed by so MANY black people?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Parents of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant say they want the Death penalty for his killer

(WRAL/CNN/Meredith) -- A family is grieving for a five-year-old boy who was shot to death in North Carolina.

Police say Cannon Hinnant didn't die from a stray bullet or a neglected firearm -- they say a neighbor walked up to the child while he was playing outside with his siblings and shot him point-blank in the head.

Cannon’s mother Bonny Waddell is speaking out about his death.

1597692403924.png
Waddell said she wants to see the death penalty given to the man accused of killing Cannon, 25-year-old Darius Sessoms.

Austin Hinnant, Cannon’s father, said he also agrees with seeking the death penalty.

https://www.kmov.com/news/parents-o...cle_e1e2574a-f03f-56e2-9a03-fa20c315b0e4.html

VN Store

Back