Say It Ain't So....Candace Parker leaving

the money for women's basketball is in Russia. Supposedly it was shocking to many insiders a few years ago when Taurasi went to the WNBA instead of Russia. Evidently previous UCONN assistants or some others within the program have started working in the Russian leagues.

According to ESPN's Tony Kornheiser,Candace Parker should leave because she will be graduating soon and the Women's Professional Basketball could shut down any time because so many clubs are losing money. He went on to say she should go while the money is still out there. Also said maybe she could help revive the league.
I agree that she should leave...heck, she graduated-and she should get into the WNBA before it comes crashing down. As for her saving the league? I don't think any one woman could make that happen.
is there really "big money" in the WNBA?
no. looks like the minimum for a 4 year + veteran is only 49K....and the team salary cap is 728K
WomensBasketballOnline.Com: WNBA Salary Scale

there is no bigger womens bball star in LA than lisa leslie (due to her UCLA connections and such) and i'd be shocked if she made over a mil a year in endorsements.

there is no bigger womens bball star in LA than lisa leslie (due to her UCLA connections and such) and i'd be shocked if she made over a mil a year in endorsements.

Parker will get endorsements on the national level. Don't be surprised if Nike and Mcdonalds don't knock at her door.

It really doesn't matter who comes calling for her. It is not like they are going to have to offer her bookoo money to get her.

It really doesn't matter who comes calling for her. It is not like they are going to have to offer her bookoo money to get her.

Compared to superstars in mens athletics no. But give her a few years and she could be one of the highest paid females in athletics. Some of them make more in endorsements than you think. One of the main problems with female basketball players is they are not very attractive. Parker has a little better look than most.

VN Store

Back