Satisfied with coaching all year

lilesrt

Does Danny White rework Heupel’s contract or does he let next year play out? I’m curious to know. I’m sure money was left on the field with this loss tonight.

knox73

Exciting game and season. You always would like a few do-overs when you lose, but it was a whale of an effort by both teams and will rate at the top for best bowl games of 2021. Heupel will get better as a head coach and play caller and will field a team no opponent wants to play. Congratulations to the coaching staff and squad.

AdoptedVOL

I want to see Heup at TN for a long time. He’ll need to earn that.

There was a feeding frenzy for coaches this year. His salary could be adjusted to stay competitive but if I were despot-for-a-day I would not extend the terms and conditions at least until after next year. My not so humble opinion.

Chad F

Does Danny White rework Heupel’s contract or does he let next year play out? I’m curious to know. I’m sure money was left on the field with this loss tonight.
Ain’t nobody coming to steal Heupel. I hope AD White waits to see how this next season plays out before doing something bold. Despite how down i am on this team and staff for tonight’s garbage performance, I still have some optimism left for Heupel … but he still needs to earn it.

McDad

I can't brain today; I has the dumb.
In a night of bad takes, yours is in a class by itself.

Rework? Money left on the field? Cmon, man.

VolArmy74

Not happy with the defense tonight or several other times this season but Heupel and company did a great job based on what they inherited and the monster turn in direction over a 8 month period. I don't think it's time for any raise and extention talk but it wouldn't upset me if it did happen.

BeardedVol

Not-Well-Known Member
Exactly. If I’m White, I ask what he needs to improve on the defensive side. New coaches?
Pretty sure there are incentives in his contract for a bowl win. I just don't see any impetus for renegotiating his contract this early into it. I'd wait till after the third season to reevaluate at that point.

Mtnvol80

There should be no extension until he beats one of the big 3. The east was horrible this year and our out of conference games were a joke. Dumbarse cornbread even won 8 straight. Our offense has greatly improved but I still don't like the hurry up offense all the time. Leaves the defense, well, defenseless and hasn't really worked against elite teams. That's why you can lead the nation in some stats but finish 7-6. He's got at least 3 more years to prove his worth and if he does then pay the man. Until then, just give him what he needs to succeed.

VN Store