Satisfied with coaching all year

coffeevol

regular old member
I have been satisfied with our coaching all year long even during your losses I never thought that we were out coached. Tonight I thought several times coaching was off and play calling was not great.

Does Danny White rework Heupel’s contract or does he let next year play out? I’m curious to know. I’m sure money was left on the field with this loss tonight.

Exciting game and season. You always would like a few do-overs when you lose, but it was a whale of an effort by both teams and will rate at the top for best bowl games of 2021. Heupel will get better as a head coach and play caller and will field a team no opponent wants to play. Congratulations to the coaching staff and squad.

I want to see Heup at TN for a long time. He’ll need to earn that.

There was a feeding frenzy for coaches this year. His salary could be adjusted to stay competitive but if I were despot-for-a-day I would not extend the terms and conditions at least until after next year. My not so humble opinion.

Reactions: volnut1
Does Danny White rework Heupel’s contract or does he let next year play out? I’m curious to know. I’m sure money was left on the field with this loss tonight.

Ain’t nobody coming to steal Heupel. I hope AD White waits to see how this next season plays out before doing something bold. Despite how down i am on this team and staff for tonight’s garbage performance, I still have some optimism left for Heupel … but he still needs to earn it.

In a night of bad takes, yours is in a class by itself.

Rework? Money left on the field? Cmon, man.

Reactions: volnut1
Not happy with the defense tonight or several other times this season but Heupel and company did a great job based on what they inherited and the monster turn in direction over a 8 month period. I don't think it's time for any raise and extention talk but it wouldn't upset me if it did happen.

Reactions: volnut1 and EezyE
Exactly. If I’m White, I ask what he needs to improve on the defensive side. New coaches?

Pretty sure there are incentives in his contract for a bowl win. I just don't see any impetus for renegotiating his contract this early into it. I'd wait till after the third season to reevaluate at that point.

Heupel is not a championship coach yet, he has shown he needs to learn clock management, time outs and play smart in end game scenarios

There should be no extension until he beats one of the big 3. The east was horrible this year and our out of conference games were a joke. Dumbarse cornbread even won 8 straight. Our offense has greatly improved but I still don't like the hurry up offense all the time. Leaves the defense, well, defenseless and hasn't really worked against elite teams. That's why you can lead the nation in some stats but finish 7-6. He's got at least 3 more years to prove his worth and if he does then pay the man. Until then, just give him what he needs to succeed.

VN Store

Back