Sankey.....

The B1G/SEC meeting is related to our situation and Sankey did say that he felt the NCAA shouldn't be going after Tennessee (in more political correct words than that).

I think it is bigger than Tennessee though and I have a feeling Tennessee is not the only school on the radar of NCAA, it is just the main one in the news right now.

On3 were talking about a lot of what I just posted in this video:

Sankey and his Big10 counterpart announced today that they're jointly going to look at the various issues roiling college football.

They should start by trying to lead the way on getting NIL deals out of recruiting. That would be the first common-sense thing
to do.
With the supreme courth decision against the ncaa, I don't see how you can get nil out of recruiting. Like who would take a job, which is what college football is currently, without knowing the pay?

Sankey has been quite so far.... Interesting to see what he decides seeing it's boiling to a head nationally.... Feel he is gonna have to pick a side soon and if College football is gonna break away he would def have the opportunity to help lead the way and lead with his conference... Surely we hear from him soon?
He’s Nick Saban’s bitch. Nick Saban hates NIL. Nick worked with Tommy Tuberville to attempt to get legislation that could limit NIL. Why? Because BAMA can’t spend what many of us can. The legislators informed him there’s nothing that can be done with the Supreme Court decision. So, he decided to get out. Why? Tennessee took the last 2 5* QBs he wanted. So now, just this morning, he met with the NCAA to determine ways to limit NIL. With Georgia’s President sitting as the Chairman of the NCAA’s Board of Directors and Saban advising the NCAA on NIL, is it any wonder TENNESSEE is their target.

Saban would still be coaching if he’d gotten Nico, Macityre and Carter. He retired because they couldn’t keep up with NIL.

He’s Nick Saban’s bitch. Nick Saban hates NIL. Nick worked with Tommy Tuberville to attempt to get legislation that could limit NIL. Why? Because BAMA can’t spend what many of us can. The legislators informed him there’s nothing that can be done with the Supreme Court decision. So, he decided to get out. Why? Tennessee took the last 2 5* QBs he wanted. So now, just this morning, he met with the NCAA to determine ways to limit NIL. With Georgia’s President sitting as the Chairman of the NCAA’s Board of Directors and Saban advising the NCAA on NIL, is it any wonder TENNESSEE is their target.

Saban would still be coaching if he’d gotten Nico, Macityre and Carter. He retired because they couldn’t keep up with NIL.
That is the truth!

1706946849938.gif

Why would they do this after Tennessee and Virginia sue the NCAA? Why has it not happened before? Not sure this is some kind of collusion, but I am not an attorney.

Because the NCAA is irretrievably dysfunctional?

Also, collusion itself isn’t a crime. If you collude with others about doing something illegal, that’s generally known as a conspiracy.

Nick hates it now, but in the beginning he was the biggest cheerleader for it. Saban was all about giving himself advantages over every other school in recruiting. He never dreamed so many schools could now LEGALLY spend as much or more money on players than what he could ILLEGALLY.

Trying to make the most money for the SEC is fine--but it's also one of the big problems in CFB. Everybody has gotten greedy--and
greed is driving all this nonsense. If he is wise, Sankey and his Big10 and Big12 counterparts will give serious thought to the good of the game and what CFB should be about going forward--not just how can my conference stick more money in its pocket.
Friend, tell me: have you ever signed an employment contract without knowing up front what you would be paid?

One would be a fool to do so.

Asking high school seniors to sign on to a university without gathering all possible information first (including NIL deals available and the value of those deals) would be to teach them BAD habits. Would be to mislead them on how the world works and how they can best navigate in it.

Folks who cling to a nostalgic vision of college athletics, one free of self-interest, are deluding themselves. It does not exist...and never did. Students have always considered financial benefits along with other criteria when choosing where to attend university.

Go Vols!

This sentence in the NCAA’s response to all this tells me that another school or schools complained to someone.

“This legal action would exacerbate what our members themselves have frequently described as a “wild west” atmosphere, further titling competitive imbalance among schools in neighboring states, and diminishing protections for student-athletes from potential exploitation.“

This sentence in the NCAA’s response to all this tells me that another school or schools complained to someone.

“This legal action would exacerbate what our members themselves have frequently described as a “wild west” atmosphere, further titling competitive imbalance among schools in neighboring states, and diminishing protections for student-athletes from potential exploitation.“
I don't think the NCAA were reacting to a single complaint. The NCAA is fighting for their survival and their money. JMO, I think they chose us because just a year ago in order to not pay Pruitt's buyout we confessed our sins and gift wrapped the evidence and gave it to the NCAA on a silver platter and said we're sorry please punish us. With the same cast of characters in charge at UT, I think they thought we would freely turn ourselves in again without a fight. Easy win for the NCAA and they get to claim relevance again and have a president to go after other schools to regain some of their power from the power 5.

Nick hates it now, but in the beginning he was the biggest cheerleader for it. Saban was all about giving himself advantages over every other school in recruiting. He never dreamed so many schools could now LEGALLY spend as much or more money on players than what he could ILLEGALLY.
Until he learned just how far behind Bama was financially.

I don't think the NCAA were reacting to a single complaint. The NCAA is fighting for their survival and their money. JMO, I think they chose us because just a year ago in order to not pay Pruitt's buyout we confessed our sins and gift wrapped the evidence and gave it to the NCAA on a silver platter and said we're sorry please punish us. With the same cast of characters in charge at UT, I think they thought we would freely turn ourselves in again without a fight. Easy win for the NCAA and they get to claim relevance again and have a president to go after other schools to regain some of their power from the power 5.
Kind of reminds you of the Battle of Bunker Hill. The Revolutionaries (VOLS) hunkered in as the British (NCAA) approached. The VOLS were more prepared and had their weapons cocked, loaded and ready (The Lawsuit). As the NCAA approached, the order was given by Colonel Prescott (PLOWMAN) to not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes (NEWS LEAK). Shot fired.

No way you can draw a lawsuit up that fast.

Sankey has been quite so far.... Interesting to see what he decides seeing it's boiling to a head nationally.... Feel he is gonna have to pick a side soon and if College football is gonna break away he would def have the opportunity to help lead the way and lead with his conference... Surely we hear from him soon?

Sankey could become the NFL commissioner someday after Roger Goodell retires.

Personally, I think Sankey, Plowman and White plus the AGs have done a George Patton on the NCAA. Tennessee and Virginia grabbed the NCAA by the nose and the SEC and the B1G are kicking them in the a**.

First minute and a half or so...

Yes, the NCAA is the Germans.

BTW, I'll be doing El Guettar this season.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Sankey, Plowman and White plus the AGs have done a George Patton on the NCAA. Tennessee and Virginia grabbed the NCAA by the nose and the SEC and the B1G are kicking them in the a**.

First minute and a half or so...

Yes, the NCAA is the Germans.

BTW, I'll be doing El Guettar this season.

Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!

I think they are being quiet because they realize all of the jobs could be at risk. The top 20 to 30 schools across the country will probably create a new conference with its own set of rules and its own championship series. All of their highly paid jobs at the NCAA and conference level might be gone.

The B1G/SEC meeting is related to our situation and Sankey did say that he felt the NCAA shouldn't be going after Tennessee (in more political correct words than that).

I think it is bigger than Tennessee though and I have a feeling Tennessee is not the only school on the radar of NCAA, it is just the main one in the news right now.

On3 were talking about a lot of what I just posted in this video:

Interestingly I heard a well known Bama supporter mention as part of another discussion (How Saban retiring was affecting recruiting) how Saban's mere presence often meant the money offered by them was about a third of what anybody else was producing for any given player and the players were still coming to Bama then. That was then this is now, Bama in order to vie for a player they have to stack up as much money as everybody else these days which is a good thing imo.

Interestingly I heard a well known Bama supporter mention as part of another discussion (How Saban retiring was affecting recruiting) how Saban's mere presence often meant the money offered by them was about a third of what anybody else was producing for any given player and the players were still coming to Bama then. That was then this is now, Bama in order to vie for a player they have to stack up as much money as everybody else these days which is a good thing imo.
So an eighteen year old turns down 300,000 and takes 100,000 thousand to play for a grown man who throws temper?

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back