Sankey.....

Why would they do this after Tennessee and Virginia sue the NCAA? Why has it not happened before? Not sure this is some kind of collusion, but I am not an attorney.
IMO. Because the lawsuit is a slam dunk. The NCAA didn't have the foresight to build a workable container for NIL prior to loosing the Alston case. It's trying to hold on to the ways of old, and it's failing. Reform is required. Collusion infers wrong doing. I see nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, and striving for clear and concise rules. It's simply an advisory body. It won't announce the creation of it's own league for another year or two.

If Sankey was a Bama pawn wouldn't the rest of the SEC presidents bounce him? I swear y'all don't think things out sometimes
Well to be honest Sankey etal are just trying to make the most money for the SEC not any one team. So if UGA or Bama are in the best position to go to the playoffs they don't want a lesser team to knock them out of a playoff. Giving that spot & money to another conference. The key is to get on top then the money makers will have your back and slide a few thousand to the usual refs when needed for that special call at the right time. They should have 3 or 4 teams they'll get behind near playoff time next year in the expanded playoff. Sankey's just doing his job hook or crook just get us there.

Sankey and his Big10 counterpart announced today that they're jointly going to look at the various issues roiling college football.

They should start by trying to lead the way on getting NIL deals out of recruiting. That would be the first common-sense thing
to do.

Well to be honest Sankey etal are just trying to make the most money for the SEC not any one team. So if UGA or Bama are in the best position to go to the playoffs they don't want a lesser team to knock them out of a playoff. Giving that spot & money to another conference. The key is to get on top then the money makers will have your back and slide a few thousand to the usual refs when needed for that special call at the right time. They should have 3 or 4 teams they'll get behind near playoff time next year in the expanded playoff. Sankey's just doing his job hook or crook just get us there.

Trying to make the most money for the SEC is fine--but it's also one of the big problems in CFB. Everybody has gotten greedy--and
greed is driving all this nonsense. If he is wise, Sankey and his Big10 and Big12 counterparts will give serious thought to the good of the game and what CFB should be about going forward--not just how can my conference stick more money in its pocket.

Reactions: kcvols1
Sankey and his Big10 counterpart announced today that they're jointly going to look at the various issues roiling college football.

They should start by trying to lead the way on getting NIL deals out of recruiting. That would be the first common-sense thing
to do.
How does that happen?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

to do.
You're picking the wrong hill to die on. Recruits have every right to their NIL value as everyone else. The courts aren't gonna side with anything that remotely comes close to not allowing someone to profit of NIL. The only thing anyone can do is specifically prohibit an NIL deal requiring attendance to a specific school. That's already in place.

I'll bet everything the administration has done so far was ran by and okayed by the SEC office.
Ya think they ok'd Mr. White's silly comment??? I think Danny stepped out on the ledge a bit by himself and spoke his mind without SEC awareness. Very proud of him

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ya think they ok'd Mr. White's silly comment??? I think Danny stepped out on the ledge a bit by himself and spoke his mind without SEC awareness. Very proud of him
So, you think the NCAA's going to try and come down hard on us because of White's comments? I think they already had us in their crosshairs. No more defense for us this time--going on offense. And I do think the admin has Sankey in the loop and I think he's behind us.

VN Store

Back