Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

Seen this from a UK website.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...99/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-issues-crack-display/amp

Samsung's latest and greatest device has an all glass design which looks stunning but those looks can be ruined in an instant if it's dropped.

The team at SquareTrade have just performed a number of drop tests on the S8 and it doesn't perform well.

In fact, SquareTrade's tests have revealed that the S8 is the first phone they've tried that's cracked on the first drop on ALL sides.

The cracks become so bad they cover almost the entire front and rear of the phone making it almost unusable.

All phones have a tendency to crack but with Samsung's S8 covered in glass the problem of dropping this device becomes a serious issue.

SquareTrade ended up rating the Galaxy S8 with a medium-high risk of breakability.

They also said the test found "no matter how you drop it, the "screen without limits" is no match for the sidewalk."

I'm holding out for the next note. Samsung will be coming strong with the 8 after the embarrassment from the 7 series.

I keep reading people upset with where the fingerprint reader was placed on the s8 series. When I grab my phone with my left hand, my first finger is right at the reader perfectly. :dunno:

You'll like the placement?

It's not my favorite placement, but it doesn't bother me.

Reactions: 1 person
I still have a problem with glass being on the back of any phone. Cell phones are absolutely prone to being dropped anywhere and everywhere so why even risk glassing a surface that doesn't need to be? Not to mention extra glass just makes the phone heavier.

My two guesses is the all glass has something to do with it's water resistant rating or for the glass not to have a bezel it needs continued around the back?

Bought iPhone x 1st of December. Hated it. Been with iPhone since the 4. Returned it and got the note 8. Takes some getting used to but I love it. As I said before,Apple lost its way when Steve died

Bumping this for the S9, anybody getting it?

S9+. I went to Best Buy last Friday and got $100 rebate. They're giving me $300 for my S7 Edge on trade. I had to pay off my balance on my S7, which kinda sucked, but on the flip side I can use that trade in gift card as down payment, along with the $100 rebate, and I'm getting the S9+ for about $525.

S9+. I went to Best Buy last Friday and got $100 rebate. They're giving me $300 for my S7 Edge on trade. I had to pay off my balance on my S7, which kinda sucked, but on the flip side I can use that trade in gift card as down payment, along with the $100 rebate, and I'm getting the S9+ for about $525.

Nice! I've had a Note and the S6+ but went back to the smaller S7. I'm trying to decide if i want the + or not.

Nice! I've had a Note and the S6+ but went back to the smaller S7. I'm trying to decide if i want the + or not.

I decided to spring for it. It has a couple more bells and whistles and based on the Supcase the I ordered for it, it's not really that much bigger than my S7 Edge.

I've got an s8, had 6 and 4, my son has 8note...great phones. Joined sprint galaxy for life. When the s9 comes out it only costs me 36 dollars plus trade in to upgrade. Nice.

I have the 9. So far, it has been great. The camera is amazing and the facial recognition is pretty cool too. Very fast and great battery. I do hate that they changed to USB-C bc I have to buy all new cords......

I have the 9. So far, it has been great. The camera is amazing and the facial recognition is pretty cool too. Very fast and great battery. I do hate that they changed to USB-C bc I have to buy all new cords......

I hate that too, but I found a 4 pack on Amazon for $11 and then a 4 pack of these little USB-C adapter cover things you put over a USB for $6 and ordered both of them.

Have yall tried out the Secret Folder yet? That's a pretty cool feature but I don't have a reason to use it really.

Same. Everything runs better. Best update they've done. I was about to get rid of it!

I had a s6, usually get the even numbers, went in and got an s8...signed up for the "galaxy for life plan" at Sprint...36 dollars to upgrade every time a new galaxy phone comes out. Still rocking an 8, pnly thimg new on the 9 is a better camera. Will go get a 10 when they come out. Galaxy phones are the best i have ever had, won't buy anything else.

Reactions: 1 person
I had a s6, usually get the even numbers, went in and got an s8...signed up for the "galaxy for life plan" at Sprint...36 dollars to upgrade every time a new galaxy phone comes out. Still rocking an 8, pnly thimg new on the 9 is a better camera. Will go get a 10 when they come out. Galaxy phones are the best i have ever had, won't buy anything else.

I've been really impressed. Have had many cell phones in my life, and this S7 is by far my favorite. I always thought Samsung was all hype. I'll be sticking with them. I'm up for an upgrade in August, but with this recent update I may hold off.

VN Store

Back