Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

You want to see if it ruins his phone before you try it? :)

I found out at dinner last night that my niece had it put on her phone a few weeks ago at the Sprint store. She's had a good experience with it so far.

Since the S8 is all glass on the front and back, it only makes sense in my opinion to apply the stuff to both sides of the phone.

You want to see if it ruins his phone before you try it? :)

No, had mine on since day one 4/21. Absolutely love it. I haven't dropped it but the screen looks flawless and fingerprints are a thing of the past. I actually think the screen is even more responsive.

Been floating the Samsung forums and a lot are complaining about small scratches on their S8 series screen from everyday normal use. Thing of the past with this product.

Last edited:
Since the S8 is all glass on the front and back, it only makes sense in my opinion to apply the stuff to both sides of the phone.

I would do the screen first and wait your full 5 minutes. Then buff it out with the microfiber cloth before flipping to do the back.

Have you tried the Verizon messenger app? It displays new incoming text on my lock screen and allows me to mark as read or reply without even unlocking my phone.

Been using the Samsung pay for any of my purchases at grocery stores and gas stations. Really nice to have and very useful.

So the back is glass on the S8. I thought they learned not to do that from the old model iPhone that used to have a glass back?

I would do the screen first and wait your full 5 minutes. Then buff it out with the microfiber cloth before flipping to do the back.

Have you tried any of the waterproofing stuff?

So the back is glass on the S8. I thought they learned not to do that from the old model iPhone that used to have a glass back?

I have only applied the liquid glass to the screen. I should have put it on the back because it is glass but I have a clear back rubber case that wraps the sides to where the screen starts. The new glass is Gorilla glass 5, pretty durable even before liquid glass is applied. Samsung says it will drop from shoulder height and not break 80% of the time.

Durability test with no liquid glass applied

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZUU3Me6CyWw[/youtube]

Water test

Water Tests

The Galaxy S8 and S8+ feature IP68-rated water and dust resistance. The IP68 rating indicates that the Galaxy S8 and S8+ is water resistant up to 1.5 meters (4.92 feet) for 30 minutes. The iPhone 7 is IP67-rated water and dust resistant, meaning it can be submerged in 1 meter (3.28 feet) of water for up to 30 minutes. So EverythingApplePro performed a couple of water tests involving an iPhone 7 and the Samsung Galaxy S8.

In 3 feet of water at 3 minutes, both of the devices seemed to be working fine. But after 5 feet at 15 minutes, the iPhone 7 Home button stopped working even though the display was still functional. The Galaxy S8 was still completely functional so it dominated in this test.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/VGAQV5vnINI[/youtube]

It's glass. And I've read we may see another iPhone soon with a glass back.

I dipped my S5 and now my S7 in water all the time, take it in the shower every day to listen to the radio.

It's glass. And I've read we may see another iPhone soon with a glass back.

Freak, I have 4 more purchases with Samsung pay to get the full rewards. Works really well. Is it suppose to work at the gas pump? Couldn't get it to work at Weigels earlier.

Freak, I have 4 more purchases with Samsung pay to get the full rewards. Works really well. Is it suppose to work at the gas pump? Couldn't get it to work at Weigels earlier.

Samsung Pay works with some pumps it's just that you have to insert a random plastic card without a magnetic strip into the reader to trigger the near field transaction. Disregard the suggestion to "quickly insert and remove the card", leave it in then hold the phone to the reader. Not ideal as you're still having to whip out a card from your wallet but it'll get you the Samsung Pay points.

Samsung Pay works with some pumps it's just that you have to insert a random plastic card without a magnetic strip into the reader to trigger the near field transaction. Disregard the suggestion to "quickly insert and remove the card", leave it in then hold the phone to the reader. Not ideal as you're still having to whip out a card from your wallet but it'll get you the Samsung Pay points.

Any card in my wallet? Like an Ingles or Kroger card?

Anyone found anything interesting about their phone to share also any free apps I should checkout?

What app should I use to change my ringtones? I really can't stand any of the ones it comes with.

Anyone found anything interesting about their phone to share also any free apps I should checkout?

What app should I use to change my ringtones? I really can't stand any of the ones it comes with.

Zedge is good for ringtones.

I keep reading people upset with where the fingerprint reader was placed on the s8 series. When I grab my phone with my left hand, my first finger is right at the reader perfectly. :dunno:

You'll like the placement?

Wife just ordered the S8+ so I'm gonna be on here trying to help figure this thing out lol

https://samsungpromotions.com/entertainmentkit.html

Cool. Don't forget to claim your free promotional gift. You have to wait until you get the phone and have your receipt. Once you do download the shop Samsung app. Then it's as easy as taking a picture of your receipt and sending in to claim the gift through the app.

VN Store

Back