Same Ole Crap from CHW

Holly is an absolute VFL
She's not intentionally or maliciously destroying the program
The program is declining rapidly b/c of her inability to perform coaching tasks at a major college level (not b/c she doesn't love UT)
Her players are not responding to her leadership at all, so it does risk getting messy if allowed to continue to the season's end
She appears to be hanging on out of an overabundance of desire to keep trying and inability to admit the reality
If anyone can speak to that last point, it's our current AD
B/c she's a VFL, we should absolutely make sure the end of her coaching tenure is handled with dignity
She has absolutely earned the right IMO to complete her tenure at UT in some kind of role for the AD, probably liaison for women's sports

I'm at a loss for words. . .

Holly Warlick: "I think Pat would be proud of us and how we fought" against Arkansas.

Wrong. And playing that card eliminates much of the respect she has left.

Pat may be proud of the way the players fought but she wouldn't be so enamored with how we lost that game

Reactions: T.J.
I agree she needs to be replaced, but not until the season is finished. It will be painful, but will leave no doubt to how low we have gone. The offense is run like a fire drill with no direction and we simply do not have the shooters and very little inside game. A simple defensive game plan is all it takes to beat us.

The problem is, this team is lost with no direction, waiting until the end of the season to fire Holly may do more harm than good. Someone has to bring things back into focus and that simply is not Holly. I feel sad for her on the sidelines as she looks clueless with no answer as to how to turn things around. Players know when their coach is the issue, it appears that they have lost faith in Holly. This team needs guidance and direction, and right now, that is not happening under Holly. The question is, do you allow a potential good team go down in flames or do you try to correct issues now? In the long run you are better off correcting issues immediately, especially if they are going further South.

Reactions: T.J. and BreatheUT
The problem is, this team is lost with no direction, waiting until the end of the season to fire Holly may do more harm than good. Someone has to bring things back into focus and that simply is not Holly. I feel sad for her on the sidelines as she looks clueless with no answer as to how to turn things around. Players know when their coach is the issue, it appears that they have lost faith in Holly. This team needs guidance and direction, and right now, that is not happening under Holly. The question is, do you allow a potential good team go down in flames or do you try to correct issues now? In the long run you are better off correcting issues immediately, especially if they are going further South.

Fire her now and start the search for a new coach right away. Let one of the assistants be the interim head coach. If you wait until the end of the season to let her go, I can see the incoming recruits signing elsewhere if they don't know who the new coach will be.

I know Holly bears full responsibility for this mess but the one constant during her head coaching career has been Dean Lockwood. Is her loyalty to him taking her down? What part does he play in this?

Reactions: T.J.
I know Holly bears full responsibility for this mess but the one constant during her head coaching career has been Dean Lockwood. Is her loyalty to him taking her down? What part does he play in this?
He is the only one left to blame.
uh, maybe not

I agree she needs to be replaced, but not until the season is finished. It will be painful, but will leave no doubt to how low we have gone. The offense is run like a fire drill with no direction and we simply do not have the shooters and very little inside game. A simple defensive game plan is all it takes to beat us.
After wracking my mind, I cannot come up with a single reason to wait to rid ourselves of this disaster. In fact, every minute she remains will cause more harm to the program.
Name Gordon or Lockwood as interim HC and immediately begin the search for a replacement with Lawson, Parker, Catchings and other former players as advisors to the selection committee.
We have the greatest WCBB alumni in the world with coaching connections everywhere. Put their experience and expertise to work to name a number of suitable replacements and begin the replacement process now to minimize the time of uncertainty

THERE IS ZERO BENEFIT TO WAITING - any delay will only harm our chances to get the best possible solution.

From her very first news conference, it has been clear she is clueless. Asked what to do to fix it her reply has been: "I don't know".
Yes, that has the merit of honesty, but a Head Coach is the captain of the ship and no matter what the captain has to know even when she doesn't.
Holly has never been HC material - she's the loyal assistant and pretty good at that.

Not much. He is a career assistant that is not exceptional enough to overcome Holly's ineptitude.

I would prefer UT treat Holly Warlick with as much dignity and respect as possible while finding a suitable change for restoring the program to full competitive order, and that's about all I'd like to see about it. I regret seeing people throw the heaviest venom at her - she bleeds as much orange as anyone, considering she's got a retired jersey in the rafters for a reason. And while I absolutely agree that the head coach must show ownership for the team's performance, (which in this case could mean it's time to look at changing coaches), the AD bears some ownership for the program's state. Everyone's choices got Tennessee to the point. Overlooking things, ignoring things, making decisions that didn't add up. And it'll take everyone in the department working together to get Tennessee out of it.

Treat her with respect??? Did she respect lady vols program and said let me step aside because I can't do this and I don't want this program to die, I rather find someone who can keep it alive. She didn't do that rather she gave the program the worst in history, yet u want the school to respect her because her father own's lady vols Rubbish!!

Treat her with respect??? Did she respect lady vols program and said let me step aside because I can't do this and I don't want this program to die, I rather find someone who can keep it alive. She didn't do that rather she gave the program the worst in history, yet u want the school to respect her because her father own's lady vols Rubbish!!

I honestly don’t think she understands that she is the problem — which should tell you something.

Reactions: Rixxx and alaVOL
If that man were ready for a HC position, he would have lone-gone done it.
Nope, he is an assistant.
Just like
That is exactly what I said, so your premature "no" reaction made no sense. He is a career assistant and not one good enough to make up for how bad of a coach Holly is.

Holly is an absolute VFL
She's not intentionally or maliciously destroying the program
The program is declining rapidly b/c of her inability to perform coaching tasks at a major college level (not b/c she doesn't love UT)
Her players are not responding to her leadership at all, so it does risk getting messy if allowed to continue to the season's end
She appears to be hanging on out of an overabundance of desire to keep trying and inability to admit the reality
If anyone can speak to that last point, it's our current AD
B/c she's a VFL, we should absolutely make sure the end of her coaching tenure is handled with dignity
She has absolutely earned the right IMO to complete her tenure at UT in some kind of role for the AD, probably liaison for women's sports
I agree with you that she cares about the program and is a VFL, but how her tenure ends is up to her. The last thing our AD wants to do is fire her. CHW should walk into his office and negotiate a resignation or retirement to avoid the firing. This will come with a buyout rumored to be in the $600k range and it can all end with a celebration of her achievements as a Vol player and coach.
We have a single athletic department now not seperate departments. She doesn't deserve an extra position in the AD, thats why she has a buyout. Also why create a cumbersome and difficult situation for the new incoming coach to have to work with or around the previous coach that was essentially fired?? What school has ever done this?? What coach would be willing to come into this possible situation?

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back