Saban's Coaches Poll ballot

If Gibbs doesn't inexplicably drop that bunny on 2nd down, which probably takes him to the 10YL or EZ. Wide Reichert then puts us away wit ha 25-30 yarder. Then Nick looks like a god and Bubba goes to the playoff again. Bizarre.
Of course if we don’t flat out give Bama a TD that wasn’t forced then maybe Bama never gets the lead.

This team was great, but just stating that UT beat Alabama so we should be ranked #2 doesn't work for me. Yes, Alabama lost to UT and LSU, but UT lost to unranked South Carolina and Georgia. Alabama also was in both of those games at the very end. UT was blown out in both of our losses. If you took UT and Alabama and just applied those metrics to other teams, I believe you might see it differently. I think TCU was garbage and I wouldn't have selected them to be in the playoffs after they lost their championship game. I'm happy that 2 big ten teams got in because it did block Bama, but I'm not screaming that UT was better than Bama any more than I'm going to say South Carolina is better than UT. The best team doesn't always win. Let's just enjoy the year that was. You are welcome to fire away. I'm sure it isn't the popular opinion. Just remember if you say UT is better than Bama, we have to say South Carolina is better than UT.

you should probably look at everything else they use instead of constantly whining about getting beat by SC. In common opponents, UT had larger margin of victories, UT also had a better strength of schedule, had more quality wins, more wins against ranked teams. Oh and also won the head to head. But yeah you & the other whiny ones keep crying about SC……..

Bama #2 and Tennessee #6. Hope someone asks him about this at media days.

Of note, Butch, Doeren, and Schiano all had Tennessee #7. The only surprising thing about this is that Butch figured out how to vote.

Also, Doeren should probably thank us for keeping him at an easy Kentucky-esque job and adding years to his life expectancy.

So a bunch of self serving douche bags have a personal axe to grind with TN and use their ballot to ding the Vols instead of being impartial and fair.

Gotta love this sport LOL.

you should probably look at everything else they use instead of constantly whining about getting beat by SC. In common opponents, UT had larger margin of victories, UT also had a better strength of schedule, had more quality wins, more wins against ranked teams. Oh and also won the head to head. But yeah you & the other whiny ones keep crying about SC……..
I'm not the one whining. I am very happy with a top 10 performance this year. I don't know how many expected that. All the whining is coming from those complaining about polls. There is a very simple explanation for the polls and I put it there. I knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion, but I in no way shape or form can you interpret anything I typed as whining.

This team was great, but just stating that UT beat Alabama so we should be ranked #2 doesn't work for me. Yes, Alabama lost to UT and LSU, but UT lost to unranked South Carolina and Georgia. Alabama also was in both of those games at the very end. UT was blown out in both of our losses. If you took UT and Alabama and just applied those metrics to other teams, I believe you might see it differently. I think TCU was garbage and I wouldn't have selected them to be in the playoffs after they lost their championship game. I'm happy that 2 big ten teams got in because it did block Bama, but I'm not screaming that UT was better than Bama any more than I'm going to say South Carolina is better than UT. The best team doesn't always win. Let's just enjoy the year that was. You are welcome to fire away. I'm sure it isn't the popular opinion. Just remember if you say UT is better than Bama, we have to say South Carolina is better than UT.
No excuses for the SC game but UGA was not a blowout. It should be noted that Bama could have very well ended up being blown out by UT. They just did a good job of adjusting and coming back. Saban will look for any justification to say he is still the king. A loss is a loss whether it’s last second or by halftime. His ranking of a two loss Bama team at #2 is laughable. He probably vomits in his mouth having to put UGA at #1

While you could argue Alabama is better. Alabama's best win prior to bowl games was @ 8-4 Ole Miss.

Tennessee had wins over 11-2 Alabama and @ 9-4 LSU.

Take out the names and Tennessee should have been ahead of Alabama just due to their sheer wins.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
I have a much larger problem w/ the media members, like the clown from Notre Dame who goes out of his way to vote us down. I get that coaches have an agenda, whether it be recruiting or whatever it may be. Most coaches don’t see many games and get their SID Guy/girl to do it . Media members see almost everything.

Reactions: perico and Voltopia
Saban has to just be patently dishonest to vote the way he did. There is zero reason for him or anybody else to have Alabama at #2, and the fact he has us four spots lower after we beat him head to head, just shows that much more how dishonest he is. There should be repercussions with whoever puts these pollsters together.
You think!!

I find it strange when the Vols lost to Georgia while #1 in the CFB ratings. We dropped to #5. When OSU , Michigan, and TCU lost in the playoffs, non dropped out, they just reshuffled.

Reactions: DonDiego
I love the Vols as much as anybody, but no team that gives up 60 points to South Carolina should ever be considered the 2nd best team in the country by anybody.

We had a great year and finished #6 in most polls. Looking at the big picture, that seems about right to me.

Personally I would have TCU at 6 and move everybody else up a spot, but other than that there is not a lot to complain about.

I don’t want to hear anymore about one fluke game followed by two strong rebound games. Here’s some perspective…TN’s last 2 games were destroying a SEC team who had just upset 2 other SEC opponents and then neutering the ACC Champion in the Orange Bowl. As for TCU, they lost 2 of their last 3 games and the last one by 58 points. No team losing 2 of their last 3 and their final game by 58 points should finish 2nd in the polls, perhaps not even in the top 10.

If Gibbs doesn't inexplicably drop that bunny on 2nd down, which probably takes him to the 10YL or EZ. Wide Reichert then puts us away wit ha 25-30 yarder. Then Nick looks like a god and Bubba goes to the playoff again. Bizarre.

If TN doesnt gift wrap a score with the fumble and return, it's a different game. If Bama isn't gifted a free first down after an atrocious PI call on TN in the end zone on 4th down, thus leading to a free TD for Bama, then it's a different game.

Bama was gifted 14 points. That argument can go both ways.

Did anyone really think he would vote any other or tell his minions to vote the way they did. Not surprised.

I don’t want to hear anymore about one fluke game followed by two strong rebound games. Here’s some perspective…TN’s last 2 games were destroying a SEC team who had just upset 2 other SEC opponents and then neutering the ACC Champion in the Orange Bowl. As for TCU, they lost 2 of their last 3 games and the last one by 58 points. No team losing 2 of their last 3 and their final game by 58 points should finish 2nd in the polls, perhaps not even in the top 10.

You are entitled to your opinion.

But I never said anything about TCU deserving to be 2nd. They don’t, IMO.

I just don’t think we have much room to complain about where we ended up. A reasonable person could argue that we should be ahead of Bama, that’s fine.

And the loss to USC was not a fluke. They didn’t win on a last second field goal. They beat us by more than three touchdowns. We were never remotely in that game. It is what it is.

Coaches Poll - question.................WHY in the Hell does it matter.

Does everyone get a trophy!
If you are Vol Fan is this season tarnished by that or any other Poll??

UGA win is the only standing that matters in the Poll that matters!!
Wouldnt want it any other way.
Another useless Poll coming.......recruiting rankings.......who gives a damn.
Get what you got to class, to the weight room and practice.

Geeezzz

If we hadn’t fumbled…..

VN Store

Back