Saban's already crying over Bama's permanent SEC opponents

Everything in the SEC goes in cycles. That’s what we are seeing now with TN’s success.

Saban has protected the Bama/TN game for years. You can have a syndical view as to why, and you may not be wrong, but I don’t think he’s asking to kick UT out of Bama’s permanent 3 team schedule. He’s got his sights on LSU.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I am crying about Tennessee's as well.

I like Alabama and Vandy but South Carolina? Why not Kentucky or Florida?
Meh, whatever. South Carolina and Kentucky are about equivalent imo. Kinda of surprised they didn’t go with Kentucky if the rumors are true given how many times the two teams have played.

This is why expansion sucks. Who hasn’t looked forward to the Bama, Florida and UGA games every year? Those games were the measuring stick of where we are. UK and Vandy bring no excitement or anticipation to our schedule. Not to mention respect.

Everything in the SEC goes in cycles. That’s what we are seeing now with TN’s success.

Saban has protected the Bama/TN game for years. You can have a syndical view as to why, and you may not be wrong, but I don’t think he’s asking to kick UT out of Bama’s permanent 3 team schedule. He’s got his sights on LSU.
He hasn't "protected Bama UT game" that's wrong

3 permanent SEC teams (LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee), according to a 24/7 article. What a pu$$..........
Who does Georgia get?? It’s like the sec is replacing alabama with Georgia. I bet Georgia gets a pansy ass schedule, they’re gonna be getting the alabama treatment now.

3 permanent SEC teams (LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee), according to a 24/7 article. What a pu$$..........

He has all 5 star players but needs a preferential schedule to go with them. How about doing some of that coaching stuff instead of loading up?

That's definitely a more challenging lineup than ours lol. He's going up against a team that will compete for the SEC East especially during seasons where they don't have to play Georgia, Hugh Freeze and Brian Kelly 😂

The new expectation is that UT's permanent opponents will be Alabama, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt.

I think Beamer did some special things last year and will be a problem for us. Hopefully we get those guys at home the same season we don't play Georgia one of these years. I am still not sure if Beamer will do at SC what Freeze and Kelly will do at their schools. I guess some of the seasons we do not see Georgia we will be facing at least one of those guys. So, I am wondering how much of a difference this is really going to make.

Some games have to be kept. Iron Bowl is one and UGA/AU is another. It's the oldest consequtive series in college football.

Haven't they been playing those 3 teams every year for the last 90 years? Why is it a problem now? They were always going to get us and auburn. Drawing LSU certainly isn't fun, but they've played in the same division forever.

VN Store

Back