Saban is against the 2 minute offense

What's next? Is he going to whine about HIS plyers safety and demand that they only play at home because of the noise and players safety if the fans rush the field? He is the whiniest b#$ch of the SEC. Roll Tide Roll, around the bowl and down the hole!

Well, he didn't say that exactly, but if you believe that a defense should be allowed to substitute, for more than 7 seconds, then you can't make an exception at the end of the game - you know with "player safety" the concern.

Nick Saban Wants Rule Change That Offsets High Tempo Offenses | Rocky Top Insider

“The way it used to be, the [official] would spot the ball and you couldn’t snap the ball [immediately],” Saban told Dellenger. “When a team can snap the ball within seven seconds of the [play] clock, is that really good for player safety? I’m just asking the question. When you are on the defensive side, you can’t even change personnel.”
Time to go to college Game day as reporter Nick.

Seems like there are more threads and posts about a whining Saban than UT football anymore...My buddy who is a big Texas A&M fan said he is starting to sound and act like Texas did back in the day before the Aggies left the Big 12.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Well, he didn't say that exactly, but if you believe that a defense should be allowed to substitute, for more than 7 seconds, then you can't make an exception at the end of the game - you know with "player safety" the concern.

Nick Saban Wants Rule Change That Offsets High Tempo Offenses | Rocky Top Insider

“The way it used to be, the [official] would spot the ball and you couldn’t snap the ball [immediately],” Saban told Dellenger. “When a team can snap the ball within seven seconds of the [play] clock, is that really good for player safety? I’m just asking the question. When you are on the defensive side, you can’t even change personnel.”
The voices of players from way back in the day who played both sides of the ball call BS on this. #1 recruiting class most every year, where an off year is 2-3 losses...he's losing it

We had coaches who bemoaned leaving the single wing, real man football, and going to that pass happy T formation. This is college football, changes and innovations, and you adapt or get left behind.

He’s pissed that he can’t dictate terms to the offenses that run faster than he wants to run, and he’s pissed he can’t trot five star substitutes in and out at his leisure. Uptempo negates his five star second string rotation and closes the gap.

This.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
He’s pissed that he can’t dictate terms to the offenses that run faster than he wants to run, and he’s pissed he can’t trot five star substitutes in and out at his leisure. Uptempo negates his five star second string rotation and closes the gap.
And, he did not seem too upset with that style when he had Lane K running his offense. It was his silent period in this discussion.

FD22C3EB-37D6-43E4-BABD-05634D1A424E.jpeg36B92AF1-DA9A-454B-9166-784D123ECC41.jpeg

Definitely. Especially with that BS “player safety” nonsense he’s running his mouth about.
It’s crap, nobody buys that he is just so concerned that playing uptempo is unsafe for everybody because he is just that nurturing 😂

Unfortunately, Sabin will probably get his way.

Exactly. It allows teams to negate some of the talent gap that Saban always enjoys and he doesn’t like that idea.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
As the article points out, Saban has been arguing for rules to limit the effect of quick tempo offenses on and off over the past decade.

It reminds me of General Neyland arguing against the changes that came with two-platoon football.

When a coach resists adapting to the changing sport, he is edging toward the exit.

Go Vols!

yep, the General called it chicken 💩 football

Last edited:
Each team has 3 timeouts per half. If he is worried about the tempo he can strategically call them to let his defense rest, and change personnel during the timeout. It seems to me that, as has been said many times, the game has evolved to the point that he no longer dominates college football, so whine and cry until he gets his way. I hope nothing comes of it. These last 2 seasons of Tennessee football has been a fun filled ride, similar to being on a great ride on a roller coaster.

I don't think there is a coach in college football that complains more. This on top of his dismissive, rude behavior just leaves me as not a fan. I actually enjoy listening to Heupel and seeing him win. Not just because he is our coach, but because he is one of the good ones. In fact, I hated it for us, but I enjoyed seeing Beamer do a complete 180 with his mentality and enjoy success. I digress.

When you have a two deep or better of 5 and high end 4 stars wanting to put in an equally talented fresh guy is not a bad idea, but what about the safety concerns of being able to do that to pulverize the offensive team with less talent and therefore inherently more tired by having to endure more reps. Freshness differential makes injury more possible.

Simply does not pass the sniff test requiring the rich to be deferred to with the rules. Goose and gander...... why rob the offense of a fast pace strategy? Especially as they are changing rules to shorten the game. Those changes might actually make it easier to go faster since they are not stopping the clock on OOB and first downs they should spot it faster. Put the ball down and let's go. If you are concerned about your guys call a timeout.

Hope they also stiffen the flopping rule to not allow subs except for the injured guy or that will slow the game down as they languish on the field with those killer cramps. The offense should also be allowed the opportunity to respond with one sub to eliminate the injury to advantage the defense schematically. More than one sub by offense and defense gets free hand. Gotta cut down on those clock stoppages to shorten the game you know......

I remember playing board games with my daughter when she was about 6 years old. It was hilarious listening to her trying to continuously change the rules of the game so she could win.

Reactions: 67Vol

VN Store

Back