Ryan Childress

Not only has Childress improved but the whole team has. Shows everyone what great coaching can do.
Yep. Don't get me wrong because I love this team, but I can't wait until Pearl gets all of his players in his system. Tennessee just obviously isn't as good when he mass substitutes.

Yes it will be interesting when Lofton and Jajuan are gone, as Childress will be a top senior and then you got all of Pearl's other signings as juniors.

Losing Lofton could be rough if Bruce doesn't get another 3 point shooter. Pearl is a great coach but without Lofton, he wouldn't be as successful as he has been.

Cameron Tatum will provide the shooter role.. Real good peremiter shooter and is very athletic at 6'6. We're already doing well with a couple of elite guards in the 2008 class.. We'll be fine.

I'm glad someone started a thread on Childress. He came up huge in this game in all aspects. That second 3 was a thing of beauty.

Definitely the unsung hero.

Cameron Tatum will provide the shooter role.. Real good peremiter shooter and is very athletic at 6'6. We're already doing well with a couple of elite guards in the 2008 class.. We'll be fine.

Tatum definitely will fill a void. Elliot Williams would also help as would Darius Miller or a few others.

I just don't know all that much about Tatum, so here are my questions:

1. Will he get considerable minutes next year?
2. When you say good perimeter shooter, how good are we talking about?
3. Can he drive to the basket?
4. How is his defense?

Great game for Ryan.

He's become a very good defensive rebounder, and he knocks down the open 3. He's worked hard and earned his minutes and his role on this team. Glad to see him have a big game in front of his friends and family in Ohio.

I just don't know all that much about Tatum, so here are my questions:

1. Will he get considerable minutes next year?
2. When you say good perimeter shooter, how good are we talking about?
3. Can he drive to the basket?
4. How is his defense?

1. He'll get plenty of minutes...probably at the 2 & 3.
2. He's no Chris Lofton.
3. He's long, athletic, and can penetrate well...
4. ...his length also makes him a pretty good defender...he'll flourish defensively in Pearl's system.

1. He'll get plenty of minutes...probably at the 2 & 3.
2. He's no Chris Lofton.
3. He's long, athletic, and can penetrate well...
4. ...his length also makes him a pretty good defender...he'll flourish defensively in Pearl's system.

Thanks. Sounds like he has talent along with room to mature.

Notice that someone has stepped up big time both last year and this year in the tourney: Major Wingate last year, and Childress this year. Pearl is showing that not only is he a good x's and o's coach but he can also develop players as well.

Of course that's not hard when the previous coach helped players regress.

one advantage of b-ball compared to football is frosh. can come in and contribute right away. There's not that many Jamal Lewis' out there.

Childress really did pull down some important rebounds and so did Chism (when he was in) for that matter.

If Chism wouldn't have had foul trouble, Chilldress wouldn't have had such a great game.
True, but that's just the thing, Childress stepped up and played tough because of Chism's foul trouble. That's what it's all about.

He will be the Bradshaw for next year. Hopefully his shooting will not degrade like Bradshaws this year.

Bradshaw's shoulders are injured. Remember - he had an MRI earlier in the season. There was some question as to whether or not he could even play.

Bert Bertlekamp today said that Bradshaw's wrist (he had surgery on the wrist to repair ligament damage in the off season) also is bothering him. Dane Bradshaw is a warrior and a leader. It's not fair to say his shooting has degraded.

Ryan Childress is great. I love him. I'm glad we've got him for the next two years + the remainder of this season.

I have all the respect in the world for Dane and what he has done and continues to do for the Vols, but when he's out there on offense, it's our 4 against the other team's 5.

Well I didn't see the game this morning because of work but it was nice to look at the scoreboard and see that we were able to win even though Chris Lofton shot poorly. Great Game for Ryan Childress.

Well I didn't see the game this morning because of work but it was nice to look at the scoreboard and see that we were able to win even though Chris Lofton shot poorly. Great Game for Ryan Childress.

Chris didn't have an average day from the field, but he won it for us at the free throw line at the end.

VN Store

Back