Ryan Childress

outstanding game, i'll stick to my earlier comment, we wouldn't have won without him

Yes, his best game as a VOL IMO. With Lofton contained, he stepped up with 2 three pointers and a bunch of rebounds. Helped to keep Chism's absence from being a killer.

He was a big part of the win today. Great effort to step up when others were struggling.

Yes, his best game as a VOL IMO. With Lofton contained, he stepped up with 2 three pointers and a bunch of rebounds. Helped to keep Chism's absence from being a killer.

absolutely, i thought we were done for when chism picked up his 4th, childress knocked down two big three and two big fts not to mention his board work

Absolutely correct. Without Childress today, Tennessee is beginning preparations for next year tomorrow. He has worked like a madaman to become a much better player than I ever envisioned. He deserves all the accolades that come his way.

Absolutely correct. Without Childress today, Tennessee is beginning preparations for next year tomorrow. He has worked like a madaman to become a much better player than I ever envisioned. He deserves all the accolades that come his way.

Absolutely! 10 points, 8 boards (or more), missed 1 shot, and showed more hustle than anybody on the floor today. Half his boards were with 1 hand, as at least 4 times he was hooked by a Cav.

The two FTs he hit were huge also to keep them from striking distance. Though I really could have done without Tim Brando reminding me that he's a 55% shooter beforehand.

Childress definitely deserved Player of the Game. CBS gave it to Jujuan, but Childress was unbelievable today. He crashed the boards like a veteran, and hit key perimeter shots.

He will be the Bradshaw for next year. Hopefully his shooting will not degrade like Bradshaws this year.

The two FTs he hit were huge also to keep them from striking distance. Though I really could have done without Tim Brando reminding me that he's a 55% shooter beforehand.

Hell, I could have done without Brando......... period

Childress = Unsung Hero

I'm glad that he's at least getting some props in here today. That was a heck of a game by him. He is the key man behind our run to cut their lead late in the 1st half...and his threes and fts were clutch in the second half. What about the way he crashed the boards??

Childress absolutely was the key today. He stepped up big-time. Stayed aggressive, made two big three pointers, and the free throws at the end are absolutely clutch. Hopefully, this will do wonders for his confidence in terms of being able to deliver in pressure situations. He'll certainly need all the help he can get going up against the beast that is Oden.

Ryan just keeps improving. All of his hard work in the off-season is paying dividends now.

He has been doing great, but he is making me feel bad for Duke Crews, as he is getting more time and giving more contribution and I'm afraid Duke's confidence is going to sink

He has been doing great, but he is making me feel bad for Duke Crews, as he is getting more time and giving more contribution and I'm afraid Duke's confidence is going to sink
Duke needs to take care of business if he doesn't want Ryan taking his minutes.

VN Store

Back