Ryan Childress

Slick Rick says, Ryan Childress came up big for Tennessee today. Childress is a blue collar worker who does the little things that make him a great team player. Great job today.

The two FTs he hit were huge also to keep them from striking distance. Though I really could have done without Tim Brando reminding me that he's a 55% shooter beforehand.

TELL me about it. I chucked my hat at the screen upon hearing that. Dadgum coon@#%

BIG UPS to Ryan Childress. His play was inspiring today.

Good article on Childress:

Childress makes presence known - Nashville, Tennessee - Monday, 03/19/07 - Tennessean.com

"He really was a high mid-major player, came into the SEC and he basically saw where the bar was set," Pearl said. "He had two choices. He could go south and go to a level that may have been a little easier, or step up physically and emotionally.
"He changed his body. He got lighter. He got faster. He got quicker, and he kept his confidence. For him to be able to make those free throws, those two big 3's and his rebounding … he kept us in there and is a high major player now on a big stage."

I hated the fact that every time we hit a three he kept yelling MONEY. Even when Smith banked it of the back-board for an excuss me three.

Maybe he was just making fun of Bert. I think this may be why CBP is such a good recruiter. Anybody can identify the top talent but it takes a good recruiter to see what most people don't. I bet that CBP recognized that desire to be a better player thru hard work about Childress. :hi:

Childress was awesome. To be a 50% free throw shooter and knock down those 2 free throws near the end of the game is awesome. He is a great competitor. His stroke from 3 point land ain't too shabby either.

Childress was awesome. To be a 50% free throw shooter and knock down those 2 free throws near the end of the game is awesome. He is a great competitor. His stroke from 3 point land ain't too shabby either.

Although, he may shoot one too many.

VN Store

Back