Rutgers 2020 QB?

JG frustrates me as well but do you really think we have better? Do you mean the 47% passer with 2 TDS and 5 pics. Or may the 48% passer with 1 TD. I know you think you are smarter than the coaches but my guess is you are not. JG leaving the team does not make it better. Hopefully, HB is the answer in 2020 but if he is not ready are you sure one of the QBs is better.

I'm done debating with anyone about JG.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I think he transfers. Probably the best move for him if he has dreams of making an NFL roster one day, if only as a back-up. He'd quite easily be the best QB on their roster and has the personal relationship with Schiano.

For TN, it's a bit of good and bad if he transfers out. He's extremely inconsistent and is probably the least athletic among all of our QBs. He has always seemed like a square peg in a round hole the entire time he's been here. But on the other hand, he has a ton of experience and there's no guarantee any other QB on the roster will be any better. At the very least, he'd be an amazing back-up if someone else stepped up in 2020.

What if he were to be number 3 on depth chart?

Reactions: lexkyvol
But since you want to push thr issue and be an ass...

The prevent defense is a concept that can be used in any formation but mainly runs out of a 5 or more db formation..it also can included a variety of coverage achemes..the main premise behind it is to PREVENT the offense from completing a deep pass over the top...it also encourages a loose coverage in the middle and tighter in the sideline that the play can be extended and the clock keeps running...

Funny how the first pass to Grey there wasnt a guy within 7 yards. They rather give a short pass tonthe middle then a deep pass over the top..what theh didnt account for was GReys ability
By your definition IU was playing prevent the whole game. Prevent is a zone scheme while IU was playing every receiver man with 2deep safeties playing half half. UT could have hit those short crossing routes all night. If you notice after the first two passes to Grey IU took two linebackers off double teaming receivers and covered that route, then the throw to JJ.

By your definition IU was playing prevent the whole game. Prevent is a zone scheme while IU was playing every receiver man with 2deep safeties playing half half. UT could have hit those short crossing routes all night. If you notice after the first two passes to Grey IU took two linebackers off double teaming receivers and covered that route, then the throw to JJ.
Its not my definition its the general definition...i showed out a prevent defense that had 5 man to man. That was from 2 veteran NFL qbs. Sorry of I'll take thier word over yours

Its not my definition its the general definition...i showed out a prevent defense that had 5 man to man. That was from 2 veteran NFL qbs. Sorry of I'll take thier word over yours
Well unlike you I really don’t have to take anyone’s opinion or google it.

Here a screen shot of JGs first completion to Grey. Notice the 2 CBs in a short zone but keeping the WR in front of them , The other DBs are deeper to prevent the deep pass...so here is a play from the game showing you all exactly what im talking about...anything else??? And this is by your definition of a prevent zone defense

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200106-165442_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106-165442_YouTube.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 21
Here a screen shot of JGs first completion to Grey. Notice the 2 CBs in a short zone but keeping the WR in front of them , The other DBs are deeper to prevent the deep pass...so here is a play from the game showing you all exactly what im talking about...anything else??? And this is by your definition of a prevent zone defense
I don’t see a screen shot but I know what your looking at. The cbs were playing man with cushion. And as GA Vol pointed out who in their right mind would play prevent in a one score game with 4 mins left in the game? If you want to talk any more football x’ and o’s I’ll have to refer you to my wife.

I just went and watched the play. It’s a 2 deep- 4 under defense. One of the LBs actually blitzed as a 5th rusher- which makes it a “Fire Zone” look.

I don’t see a screen shot but I know what your looking at. The cbs were playing man with cushion. And as GA Vol pointed out who in their right mind would play prevent in a one score game with 4 mins left in the game? If you want to talk any more football x’ and o’s I’ll have to refer you to my wife.
CJP and the NFL need to hire you to redo thier entire defensive thought process. Cuz obviously your savants and they aling with myself and others do not know as much as yall.
On behalf of myself and the NFL and defensive coordinators everywhete. We thank you

Last edited:
actually from your shot it looks like they are playing 2 deep over man and preventing the crossing routes with the lbs underneath. this is what allowed gray to be open a lot because then all chaney had to do which he finally did was run them off and complete passes underneath. this is why the nickle intercepted JGs pass. he was the underneath guy. if you go back and look, there was an under guy and an guy. its very similar to what florida tries to play a lot of times which is where i think they got it from

Reactions: rikberry31
I respect the young man. He has real character. Not sure many of our former Qbs could have done any better with the roster & coaching musical chairs that’s been here but he needs to go play somewhere else next year. Our coaches this year didn’t do him any favors. He’s not a Qb who reads a defense good. You think he’s the only one who doesn’t? He needs more set plays to work people open. Our coaches last 3 years (3 different staffs) just aren’t good at that. Add to that the Knoxville media, as ignorant as they are, can be very cruel

If he transfers, won't he have to sit for a year before becoming eligible? I don't think he would qualify for a hardship exception, and he wouldn't qualify as a grad transfer. Right?
Nope. He would be a graduate transfer

edit: I see it was answered numerous times. Sorry for the repeat.

Reactions: jdogvol
JG isnt dumb. In my OPINION (i make a living reading verbal and non verbal signs in people) that said this is my opinion again. I believe JG is a me first player who is smart enough to garner positive attention thru the media. I saw the game and watched his face on the sideline...his face was always neutral...no emotion...typically one would show disappointment or an overabundance (forced) of support....again this is my Opinion. I have other reason to believe he is disingenuous... so flame away. I hope the man success wherever he goes. But for TN to take the next step it should be without JG

This. Your opinion is dead on

We already have better.
Who? Mauer? Really? Did you watch Mauer Saturday? Mauer should have been intercepted on 2 of his 3 throws in the Gator Bowl. If that had happened, he would have 7 INT vs. 35 competitions. That's 1 INT per 5 competitions. In reality, he stands at 1 INT per 7 competitions (5/35). That's REALLY REALLY bad--MUCH worse than JG on his worst day. Incompletions are not near as bad as INTs. I'm totally frustrated with JG as well, but no way would I consider Mauer better than JG at this juncture. Hopefully Bailey is the answer.

If some QB on the roster isn't better than 2019 JG, there better be a house cleaning on the offensive staff. Our offense was awful this year any way you slice it.

I don't think we had a competent qb this past year. All had their moments but not consistency, hopefully one of them can find it, or HB is the real deal.

I like JG, but Pruitt needs a 1 year graduate transfer to play alongside H. Bailey. The bowl game was a reminder that JG has serious long-term issues.

VN Store

Back