Russell Smith reporting Kellie Jolly-Harper has been hired

If the ‘top’ candidates are not interested and the AD has only limited options, you can’t fault him for going with the best opportunity. I sit and laugh at the fact that people on here actually believe that current top 5 coaches of teams would be interested in coming here. Yeah right. They want to build their own empire, not live off someone else’s. All the money in the world wouldn’t bring them here. At the end of the day you have to hire people who actually want the job.

If the ‘top’ candidates are not interested and the AD has only limited options, you can’t fault him for going with the best opportunity. I sit and laugh at the fact that people on here actually believe that current top 5 coaches of teams would be interested in coming here. Yeah right. They want to build their own empire, not live off someone else’s. All the money in the world wouldn’t bring them here. At the end of the day you have to hire people who actually want the job.
Try again. Kellie isn’t the best option out there. Not even close. She may have been the best option for the amount of money that she will accept, but she isn’t the best candidate out of the people who were interviewed and she isnt close to the best out of people who were willing to listen to UT.

Well she is an improvement over Holly.....

A lot of posters on this forum were anti Kara because of the coaching experience..... I am a real Kara fan..... and a big believer .... would have been thrilled to have her on board.... No coaching experience? Has anyone listened to her in depth analysis during games? That gal can coach my team anytime....

And one more thing.... totally expected this.... getting a coach on the cheap.... in consideration of Holly's buyout and emphasis on football.... Tennessee cares only to be relevant and in the mix on WCBB.... don't care if they are top dog or not....

Well she is an improvement over Holly.....

A lot of posters on this forum were anti Kara because of the coaching experience..... I am a real Kara fan..... and a big believer .... would have been thrilled to have her on board.... No coaching experience? Has anyone listened to her in depth analysis during games? That gal can coach my team anytime....

And one more thing.... totally expected this.... getting a coach on the cheap.... in consideration of Holly's buyout and emphasis on football.... Tennessee cares only to be relevant and in the mix on WCBB.... don't care if they are top dog or not....

I am not sure I agree with that.

Reactions: di21 and WVU05UT09
A lot of people keep bringing up her time at NC State but we aren't hiring the Kellie who was fired from there. We're hiring the Kellie who led a team of mostly underclassmen to multiple top 25 wins and to the sweet 16 as a 11 seed on her way to winning National coach of the year.

Give her a chance to coach before you condemn her as mediocre...… Should she achieve a high level of success I feel she will stick with the Lady Vols for years to come.... not be a carpet bagger like others first chance they get!!!!
Or CRB maybe!!

Her gestures on the sidelines are reminiscent of Pat and she sounds a lot like Pat during interviews and a lot of fans will like that.

Those things don’t amount to a hill of beans unless she can recruit and win consistently and at a high level.

Pat’s gone and she ain’t coming back. It’s beyond time for everyone to understand that, come to terms with it, and move on.

VN Store

Back