Russell Smith reporting Kellie Jolly-Harper has been hired

I think one of those was Nick Saban, who had a sub .500 record with his previous team.

Yep. Its almost like people that keep hiring bill belichick assistants hoping for the next super bowl winning coach and constantly failing. But hey she's a former lady vol so she's completely qualified based on that alone.....\sarcasm

We need to keep Sharrona Reaves at the recruiting assistant.

Sharrona Reaves goes one-on-one

Soon the new boarders who probably wrote similar messages when the football team and the basketball team were hiring one coach after the other. I forgot the Athletic Directors also! will move on. It has become so easy to write words on a screen - now called fake news in response to the importance of social media.

I admit to being a senior +, I observed Kelly throughout her career at UT and attended all the Final-Fours. I believe recruiting will not suffer (not: believe) I believe her experience getting the maximum out of non-top 150 recruits will translate in increasing performance from top 40 recruits.

the question now - is who will be future assistants, particularly the post coach and the recruiting coordinator.

Nikki Fargas was the runner-up. No "big names" were ever in the mix.

If it was between those two I'm not sure how Harper got the job.

Sure she made it to the Sweet 16 but I could barely stomach watching the the Stanford game. It sorta tells you how few the good teams were this year. I remember watching Marist several years ago when they had a good run a couple of years in a row. They would've run Missouri State off the floor.

I will support her but as others have pointed out she doesn't have a proven recruiting track record. Also, seems like a rushed and lazy hire by Fulmer. The easy way out because it pleases the blue hairs. They are one of the reasons the program is in this spot.

No the laughingstock we are getting from the rest of WBB community is the fact that the winningest all time WBB program cannot attract a top notch coach. One in which we first handed the keys with to a coach with absolute no head coaching experience at all AND after that giving the keys to a coach that got fired from a somewhat same level position and coaches at a .578 win %. Sorry women's basketball isn’t all that hard, there are literally about 8 teams maybe that can win it every year, UT hasn’t been one of those in a while(even our last few elite 8’s we got beat pretty convincely! So making a sweet 16 isn’t all that hard. I mean they beat Iowa State and DePaul neither of which I would want their coaches either. If KJH wasn’t a former UT player she wouldn’t be given a sniff at this job, but because she was she will be the head coach and in 4-5 season we will be talking about this same thing again when we have no final 4’s and we continue to lose ground to Ms. States of the SEC. if the program isn’t committed to actually winning put it out of its misery, I mean it has everything, the highest recruiting budget in the country, great facilities for athletes of any gender, we lose millions every year to prop it up hoping to bring back the glory. With this hire I don’t think that is going to happen, again from coaches she has coached against while at NC State and them watching her now they will tell you, her not doing well and getting fired was on her and her coaching ability. Great players don’t usually make very good coaches, Jordan couldn’t coach an AAU club of all stars to wins, Lebron is the same way, itswhy when they put up the rankings of the coaches in the NCAA tourney that not many of the big named ex-players coached the better teams while Barnes wasn’t very good and Pearl was like the worst one out of 68 coaches. I would have rather went with a Sue Semrau or a Katie Meier to see what they could do with our resources considering the job they have done at schools that don’t put half into women’s basketball as we do. Alas that hasn’t happened and if I am wrong I will love the taste of crow!

Nailed it. There are about 8 programs right now that are head and shoulders above the rest. Those coaches weren't going anywhere. Then there are a out 8 to 12 coaches that would be in that elite category if given the keys to an elite program.

It is somewhat troublesome that Fulmer would hire a coach that wins only 58% of the time because she's a former player and went to the Sweet 16 this year.

I don't think this move shows the athletic department is serious or maybe the purse strings got tight because of the other investments. Personally I think they should stop sending this team to Europe and other places during the summer until they show the product isn't crappy and they aren't just blowing money for a sport that is in the red. Holly had them taking free vacations and they looked awful on the floor. And she is responsible for helping to reschedule UCANT when she couldn't even beat a hapless Vandy.

Nailed it. There are about 8 programs right now that are head and shoulders above the rest. Those coaches weren't going anywhere. Then there are a out 8 to 12 coaches that would be in that elite category if given the keys to an elite program.

It is somewhat troublesome that Fulmer would hire a coach that wins only 58% of the time because she's a former player and went to the Sweet 16 this year.

I don't think this move shows the athletic department is serious or maybe the purse strings got tight because of the other investments. Personally I think they should stop sending this team to Europe and other places during the summer until they show the product isn't crappy and they aren't just blowing money for a sport that is in the red. Holly had them taking free vacations and they looked awful on the floor. And she is responsible for helping to reschedule UCANT when she couldn't even beat a hapless Vandy.
I hope Tennessee and or UConn drops that series

Sure would like to know who all these "blue hairs" are that people keep referring to. It seems to be the go to statement for folks that just want to gripe and need somebody to blame the programs situation on.
111315_annebernays_32_sq-1f03be97a66e01d88060887ebad37b4fe7502b99-s1100.jpg

will be interesting to see who she hires for her staff. We have seen a lot of new blood when Holly was here, but saw a couple who were retained from Pat's staff. We need big improvement with the bigs and ball handling. Defense will need a complete overhaul, especially along the baseline and from the three ball. I did not see any of the NCAAW tournament games this year so I was not able to evaluate KH's defense. Anyone care to comment on her defenseive style?

VN Store

Back