Rumors swirling about Coach O recruiting Janzen Jackson to USC

Vol Nation is almost as bad as TMZ. The posting of rumors are getting out of control. Lets post everything some idoit has to say on the radio. This didn't warrant a thread unless you had something to go with it instead of hearsay. Urg.

Also rumors would not be "swirling" if you didn't post this thread. Good job.

And by posting a reply in it, you kept it going.... good job.

Don't shoot the messenger.

:the_finger:

Lane Kiffin allegedly lied before heading off to his destination in Los Angeles, by stating that he will not recruit the players that go to UT unless they call him. The snafu is that his recruiter, Ed Orgeron, slipped up and stated to reporters that they initiated many cell phone calls to some of the 26 Tennessee recruits that they both received commitments from. It has also been stated that Kiffin’s recruiter also told players not to attend spring classes for the week. In addition, students were also offered USC scholarships.

Could this be talking about Janzen...

And the story continues on, as more trash and possible sanctions come USC's way...

first half correct, the second half not really so much

since we don't play USC anytime soon, the school would release a player there if he wished to transfer

In this case though, I seriously doubt MH would grant a release to USC. Normally no, but this is different circumstances--just look at Marve. Miami doesn't play us, but we were one of the schools they wouldn't grant him a release to.

He could still go to USC on his own dime for a year though if accepted. Just can't get an immediate athletic scholarship if he isn't granted release to USC. Really no sense in even talking about it though...don't see any of this even happening. It would be crazy on JJ's part to sit a year at this point.

Last edited:
In this case though, I seriously doubt MH would grant a release to USC. Normally no, but this is different circumstances--just look at Marve. Miami doesn't play us, but we were one of the schools they wouldn't grant him a release to.

He could still go to USC on his own dime for a year though if accepted. Just can't get an immediate athletic scholarship if he isn't granted release to USC. Really no sense in even talking about it though...don't see any of this even happening. It would be crazy on JJ's part to sit a year at this point.

I guess Janzen's in the video for 1st day of winter workouts on utsports.com because he's getting in shape to play at USC in 2 years then??

Nope like you said it's stupid to even discuss this.

I don't know what all has been talked about in this thread, but would just point out one thing that would make JJ a bust if he transferred to USC.

As mentioned, if he transfers he has to sit out a year. JJ sitting out a year -- without active time on the football field -- would be a complete disaster. He would be in legal trouble before too long without a starting football job keeping him straight and motivated.

Wouldn't be a wise move on his part for lots of reasons. He should also get this next year in at UT and get to the NFL as soon as possible (before he gets in any more trouble).

with EB gone, JJ's supposed to take his place. He will likely go to the nfl early like EB did if he continues to play like he does. Sitting out a year would put a dent in that whole idea. He would have something mentally wrong with him if he did leave. He sees dollar signs in his future. Transfering and sitting out a year would delay that plan. I say he probably stays. IMO

Don't be shocked if you never see Janzen in a UT jersey again and don't be shocked if UT's grants his release should he request a transfer anywhere.

Don't be shocked if you never see Janzen in a UT jersey again and don't be shocked if UT's grants his release should he request a transfer anywhere.

Now why would they ever grant him a release to USC?

He'll be freezing his butt off at Purdue with Marve.

Now why would they ever grant him a release to USC?

He'll be freezing his butt off at Purdue with Marve.

Oh I don't know.....'cause he was part of an armed robbery at Mr. UTAD's convenience store? :unsure:

JJ was given a huge second chance, after the dumb and dumber pellet gun robbery debacle. If he were to leave Tennessee now, it would be a huge slap in the face, not to mention a total lack of character on his part. Hopefully he has learned from all of this and is going turn his life around.

I love threads like this. You know...the ones that either say a current players is thinking about leaving or a recruit is thinking about de-committing. There's always a handful of ninnies who sound like a desperate teenage girl trying to keep their boyfriend from breaking up with them.

"PLEASE don't leave me!!! I love you!!! I need you!!! I can't live without you!!! I can't stand the thought of you being with someone else!!! Don't leave me!!! I'm BEGGING you!!!"

Get a grip, fellas and grow a pair. The actions of a 19 year old boy shouldn't be governing the life a grown ass man. Yet, all too often, they do. Stop being a little ***** and stop begging players to...

#1)Come to Tennessee.
#2)Stay at Tennessee (not transfer or forgo their final year of eligibility)

He's partaking in the Winter Workouts with the team. He's all Vol and isn't going any where. Why would he sit out a year to play for CEO.

He's partaking in the Winter Workouts with the team. He's all Vol and isn't going any where. Why would he sit out a year to play for CEO.

You've hit it on the head. He started last year, and by all accounts was a very solid player as a true freshman. He has two more years of projected starting to roll into an NFL career. Why waste a year on the bench?

VN Store

Back