RUMOR - Not Verified but plausible ...

Probably all four guys that went in the portal were getting a lot of money to sign and play here. Evidently money was doing most of our big time player recruiting.

10 years? 😂 Why is that? I don’t care if we gave that little twerp T’o’toto a Lambo and a gaggle of hookers during a game. Remember PSU decided not to let authorities know that their DC was screwing little boys? They hired a good coach and were damn near in the playoff in the next few years.

Because we're Tennessee and that's what we do. 12 years of irrelevance. A 14 year streak. Heck we might be working on 20 years of being like Vandy. Until we see otherwise on the win/loss column for a few years why would anyone have high expectations? I'm done having high expectations of anybody coming in here and acting like they're going to set the world on fire.

It just chaps me that all of these other schools are violating the rules and are skating Scott Free. They don't shoot themselves in the foot like UT does. Impoverished BAMA and OSU stars driving around in shiny new sports cars. Bama players decked out in new expensive suits and other clothes. Lord knows what GA and FL are doing, but they don't rat on themselves. I am glad Pruitt is gone for what he did, but it is time some of these other guys pay.

I hated to see him go when I first heard it but now I say good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out! Nothing new here but the whole college football system is rotten and corrupt to the core. I dunno what could be done to fix it. Nothing probably. And of course we're going to be at the bottom for another 10 years.
On the bottom for 10 years....is there anything lower than the bottom? If so, that's us.

Mostly # 1. Not happy with the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Most of the people involved always have big smiles, shake hands and go to church on Sunday like everything's grand. I suppose the easy answer is just to pay these athletes and be done with it but that's almost too easy.
I agree that the hypocrisy is terrible. I was a student athlete 20 years ago (division 1, but not football) and every athlete was getting paid and enjoying other "improper benefits." After looking at Miami in the 80's I'm amazed when anyone is shocked that guys are getting paid. They need to just create a legitimate market for it and get it out in the open

Reactions: CR-vol

VN Store

Back