Rumor Mill

I hope Curie had the good sense to tell Fulmer the meeting was at the Shoneys.

Mr. " Eight is Enough" doesn't have any business meddling in these proceedings.

Is there anyone that actually believes Jon Gruden will coach here or do people just like joking about it for fun?

I’m having fun. I honestly don’t think he’d ever leave the cushion job he has, especially for this mess. I’ve been wrong before though.

So did Stephen Hargis just decide to make up a story about Vic Grider telling him that Gruden asked him if he wanted to be a part of his staff at UT? Did Jason La Canfora just decide to make something up about Gruden putting together a coaching staff, but his focus was on college football not the NFL?

I like Victory Nigh Grider, but if we are hiring a great 1A high school coach to coach anything other than recruiting coordinator we are bad off.

That screams made up and rumor.

Which is precisely what he was being hired for.

Don't see Coach Grider leaving his fam to work tirelessly being around age fifty. He's a god at South Pitt. Changes when you take a job like that. As soon as gruden is fired you're out a job.

He was up for it 5 years ago. He went back to coaching again. Who knows if he'll take it this time.

Well I don't bite at rumors. Unless you're Vic then I don't believe it. If you are give me a call then, we are not hiring Gruden or Grider. Hargis was wrong five years ago and looked silly. People made way too much out of him being buddies with Vic and the rumors ran rampant.

Last edited:
He actually quit last time. Not a rumor but an actual fact. Look it up. I don't understand why facts seem to trip people up.

He didn't quit. He decided to not coach. Way different bro. Quitting is what Petrino did with the falcons. Grider chose not to coach for the next year.

I like Victory Nigh Grider, but if we are hiring a great 1A high school coach to coach anything other than recruiting coordinator we are bad off.

That screams made up and rumor.

When he said staff, he specially said high school recruiting liaison. Not a position on the coaching staff.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow the AD actually having weekly meetings. Did it occur to you that made they already have prescheduled meetings on Sundays? Let's just start a rumor every day.

Sunday: AD Meetings Day
Monday: Jon Gruden Day
Tuesday: Chip Kelly Day
Wednesday: Bobby Petrino Day
Thursday: Mike Leach Day
Friday: Any Up and Comer Day
Saturday: Butch is Fired Day

This is getting out of hand. Until you have something concrete don't post any of this rumor crap.

What fun would there be in that ?

VN Store

Back