(Rumor) Chaney reached out to Hurts

Personally, I don't know anything about Hurts, but my bama business partner wanted him to transfer after the 2017 season. He said Tua was a far superior quarterback compared to Hurts. Hurts has a difficult time reading defense and panics very quickly (takes off running before play can develope). Hurts accuracy improved under Enos tutelage, but (his accuracy) is still inconsistent. Hurts was asked to change positions to running back and tight end but declined. Hurts caused a division within the locker room and fan base due to Hurt's father who is publicly very vocal, creates lots of drama, and is very mettlesome. I'm not posting to create an argument but simply relaying what I have been told repeatedly by a bama super-fan. If Pruitt and Chaney believe Hurts gives the best chance to win then I hope he transfers here.

Hurts is 24-2 as a starter. Saban built a dynasty but he was a damn fool not starting Hurts in the second half against Clemson. If Hurts is a division in the locker room he has done a damn great job of acting on the sidelines.
He appears to be the ultimate team player. Your bama bizz partner sounds like a typical bama fan. Tua was having an off game, after that second pic he was done.
It was time to try something different. Saban was being stubborn

Tua is a great talent. But he played 2 elite defenses this year and struggled mightily. Injured or not. I would be concerned about his development, from the second he was inserted last year in the national championship he was throwing bombs indiscriminately. Against most teams Bama had superior talent at wr position to make him look other worldly. But UGa and Clemson pressured him made feel uncomfortable and forced him to make dumb throws

Reactions: lifeisdeep
They'll help, but there's a reason most true freshmen o-linemen never see the field.
Even Alabama with all their depth, have started Freshmen Olinemen. I think, if they are EEs, it can happen when they are rated two of the best in the Nation. Not ideal, but I think it cold work this year.

Hurts is 24-2 as a starter. Saban built a dynasty but he was a damn fool not starting Hurts in the second half against Clemson. If Hurts is a division in the locker room he has done a damn great job of acting on the sidelines.
He appears to be the ultimate team player. Your bama bizz partner sounds like a typical bama fan. Tua was having an off game, after that second pic he was done.
It was time to try something different. Saban was being stubborn
I also wondered why Saban didn't put Hurts in. He out-thought himself IMO ("That could never work twice.")

Reactions: FallCreekVols
I don't think he is coming to UT. He will land somewhere that has more upside in 2019 and a better O-line. He has roots in Houston and that team has a more explosive offensive potential that we do at the moment IMO. I see him going to Houston where he can show off on some lesser teams at the FCS level and try to raise his stock as an NFL prospect. He wont be a good QB in the NFL, but he may be a good practice player for teams that need to prepare for a running threat at QB.

This scenerio is bad. Hurts starts in 2019. Hurts graduates and JG starts for 2020.
Then once JG graduates yet another QB will start
How do you start a successful program when JG is QB 2018, Hurts is QB 2019, JG again in 2020 and someone else in 2021
Too much chaos
Because in 2020 they're not going to be looking at JG to be the starter. They're probably going to redshirt one of the freshman and develop him hard and roll him out in 2020.
Personally I don't think JG would handle it as well as Hurts did when Tua took his spot. I thought there was no way Hurts would be quiet over it.

Folks underestimating the impact that Morris and Wright will make next year.
This and the center will be back also we signed some more linemen I believe are line will be way better this year and Hurts could only make it better. And it would make him more NFL ready . How much time you think Hurts will have to throw in the NFL? I can tell you it won't be as much time as Tua got this year.

They'll help, but there's a reason most true freshmen o-linemen never see the field.
There's a small percentage of elite HS OL's that are ready every year. Bama has had a few along with some other teams. They are rare, but kids are better developed and prepared to play now more than ever.

Lawrence looking like an 8 year NFL vet in a NC championship game was unheard of in years past. 20 years ago he was reshirted and not even thought of as an option to play until his second season without injuries in front of him on a team like that. Similar to Hurts, the guy he replaced was pretty good.

Our problem is we haven't recruited many of those types lately. We ve been getting guys that need a year or 2 to be ready. Morris and Wright fit that mold similarly to Smith did as a FR more than anyone else has. They will have those FR moments but if they are as talented as they appear the more they play the better they'll get.

Because in 2020 they're not going to be looking at JG to be the starter. They're probably going to redshirt one of the freshman and develop him hard and roll him out in 2020.
Personally I don't think JG would handle it as well as Hurts did when Tua took his spot. I thought there was no way Hurts would be quiet over it.
I find it really dumb that people actually believe this.

So they will bench a three and a half year starting Redshirt QB for a freshman in a crucial year?

Plenty of reports about Pruitt's lack of faith in Shrout. They say it was part of the Helton drama. Pruitt supposedly was dissatisfied with the two qbs Helton got. KC and JT.

So Shrout won't be it. That leaves Maurer and Bailey who would be a rs Fr and a true Fr.

Unless JG gets hurt or regresses to the point he is replaced next year no way he doesnt start in 2020.

2021 will be the next actual qb battle. Unless Chaney develops JG and he leaves early for the draft.

Thankfully for us, these two are more like Trey Smith than Tanner Annuitti. They appear ready to step right in and roadgrade anyone in their way. If Trey can return, we could have a ready made monster line waiting to block for whomever is the QB. Jalen Hurts would be an interesting addition, but I agree with you that it would not be in his best interest and probably won't happen.

Reactions: Bms4880
I don't want him that's just another thing BAMMERS will say if we win some games, is we couldn't win until we got one of BAMAS coaches and players. He should go to a good team with a shot at a natty next year to make himself look better in the draft.

I find it really dumb that people actually believe this.

So they will bench a three and a half year starting Redshirt QB for a freshman in a crucial year?

Plenty of reports about Pruitt's lack of faith in Shrout. They say it was part of the Helton drama. Pruitt supposedly was dissatisfied with the two qbs Helton got. KC and JT.

So Shrout won't be it. That leaves Maurer and Bailey who would be a rs Fr and a true Fr.

Unless JG gets hurt or regresses to the point he is replaced next year no way he doesnt start in 2020.

2021 will be the next actual qb battle. Unless Chaney develops JG and he leaves early for the draft.

I find it really dumb you like carrying JG water.
You'll get your wish though. JG will be the QB because no elite QB will be transferring here.

Reactions: NCFisher

Also with Hurts taking his number lol

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
This scenerio is bad. Hurts starts in 2019. Hurts graduates and JG starts for 2020.
How do you start a successful program when JG is QB 2018, Hurts is QB 2019, JG again in 2020 and someone else in 2021
Too much chaos

Because you play the best player year by year. In this case, it is a no brainer who the better QB is between Hurts and JG. You're making an argument for experience over talent... That isn't the way Pruitt does it.

Too much chaos

Who says someone doesn't step up and take the job from JG in '19/20, anyway? Regardless, JH to TN isn't going to happen.
But, if it did, and JH added 3-4 wins to the '19 record, that'd be a better thing that worrying about chaos and finishing at .500 or worse, right? Play the guys giving you best chance to win.

This is a terrible place for Hurts. He needs a dominant offensive line.
There were like 7 places he might go next year....OU, Miami, TCU, UCLA, FSU, TN, Maryland. Out of those 7. Only 3 have the best shot at getting him. OU, then TCU and Maryland. The rest have absolutely no shot. Miami is no because Richt retired...TN is no because our program isn’t a contender yet..UCLA same situation...FSU sucks right now...but if I had to predict Hurts will be a Sooner next year..

Reactions: rocytop2624
A buddy sent me this, dont know how to copy a tweet here, comes from a guy named Joe Nuchols or something. Anything to it?

Jim Chaney wasting no time in his new position as Tenn. O.C. by reaching out to soon to be graduate transfer Jalen Hurts. Multiple sources suggest there is mutual interest.
Have you seen JG's stats? No way anybody can take his job. He's got tiger blood. Best in the sec by far.

If Jalen reads this board prior to making his decision he might not come here. Thanks a lot negavols!!
Oh yeah, that’s what Hurts will do prior to making his next life altering decision that could decide his future fame, fortune and happiness....he’ll scroll though the fan message boards of the final contending programs for his services, and whatever he reads will override the recruiting pitches, personnel and offensive scheme fits and benefits that each of those programs’ staffs have put forth to him.

Damn NegaVols/NegaHornedFrogs/NegaHurricanes/NegaSooners......

Reactions: Zues1

VN Store

Back