Roster reset and overview

Will be interesting to see how they make the numbers work if Phillips does want to come back.

PG - Santi/ZZ
SG - Knecht/Freddie
SF - Phillips/Gainey
PF - Ledlum/Mashack
C - Aidoo/Awaka

Bench: Cade, Carr, Jefferson

**** idk lol

I’m really stoned, but I like this lineup a lot tbh lol

Reactions: CornbreadVol
I’m really stoned, but I like this lineup a lot tbh lol

We’re going to have to have a VN intervention. It’s a beautiful day outside man - get out there and do something besides getting stoned! Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t sober up occasionally you might miss it!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
We’re going to have to have a VN intervention. It’s a beautiful day outside man - get out there and do something besides getting stoned! Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t sober up occasionally you might miss it!
I don’t miss anything. I’m out fishing rn

I think yall are seriously underestimating Mashack. He is tremendous on defense and looked more and more comfortable with the ball in his hands as the season moved along. Another offseason of improvement and he is likely one of the two or three best players on this team.

Wasn't he advertised at 6'6"? I wish he was that tall. He's still a good player though, no doubt.

I saw an article that said Estrella reminded some scouts of a Chet Holmgren type player. He was in play for the #1 overall ranking on ON3 at one point last year according to their article

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Hope so. If close we will have a great season. I just don’t think enough guys will carry enough minutes, unless we jeopardize the depth that we have.
Yup…to even get close you’re talking about a 6 man rotation primarily, not sure I see that happening given our depth.

I saw an article that said Estrella reminded some scouts of a Chet Holmgren type player. He was in play for the #1 overall ranking on ON3 at one point last year according to their article

Estrella played against dudes that were worse than average players at the YMCA. We shall see there.

How many unforced turnovers and missed shots are Knecht and Ludlum each allowed before the legions of board malcontents turn toxic on them?

Watched all of his highlights. The people they played predominantly looked pedestrian at best.

Only Donovan Mitchell, Devonte Graham, TJ Warren, Will Barton, Buddy Boeheim have come out of Brewster…just to name a few.

Looks like Brewster is about to join the top high school basketball league in the country next year.

Reactions: berryvol
Who starts at the 4? Knecht or Ledlum?
Probably Ledlum. I'm sure Knecht will play some 4 (almost out of necessity), but he's more of a 3. Knecht is listed at 197 pounds, which to be fair about what Phillips was listed at. Phillips was certainly overpowered at times at the 4. Knecht was actually a rea;;y solid rebounder (though in a weaker conference). His rebounding rate would have been higher than Nkamhoa, Phillips, and JJJ. We'll have to see how that translates.

Given how deep we are at guard, I would probably like to see those two take most of the minutes at the 4. Allows more minutes for Mashack, Dilione, Jefferson, and Carr, with Santi and ZZ taking up a considerable amount of minutes as well. I suppose it'll also depend on how well Estrella adjusts and where Awaka will play as well.

Going back in time... I think this was the main rotation in 2018-19 season:

1. BONE/TURNER
2. TURNER/BOWDEN
3. SCHOFIELD/BOWDEN
4. WILLIAMS/SCHOFIELD/PONS
5. ALEXANDER/FULKY/WALKER

Looking at this template I can see this:
1. ZZ/SANTI
2. SANTI/MASHACK
3.KNECHT/MASHACK
4.LEDLUM/KNECHT/JEFFERSON
5.AIDOO/AWAKA/ESTRELLA

I think Carr and C.Phillips redshirts. Dilione will be a factor running the point but I think Santi runs it also.

Probably Ledlum. I'm sure Knecht will play some 4 (almost out of necessity), but he's more of a 3. Knecht is listed at 197 pounds, which to be fair about what Phillips was listed at. Phillips was certainly overpowered at times at the 4. Knecht was actually a rea;;y solid rebounder (though in a weaker conference). His rebounding rate would have been higher than Nkamhoa, Phillips, and JJJ. We'll have to see how that translates.

Given how deep we are at guard, I would probably like to see those two take most of the minutes at the 4. Allows more minutes for Mashack, Dilione, Jefferson, and Carr, with Santi and ZZ taking up a considerable amount of minutes as well. I suppose it'll also depend on how well Estrella adjusts and where Awaka will play as well.
I am going to go out on a limb and say it's possible Knecht plays more 2 this season that he does 4. I don't see him as our close as a small ball 4. Mashack much more likely to play the 4 position.

VN Store

Back