Roman Harper just moved

I’m sorry, but I just don’t see us as a 10 or 11 win team with this defense. Not getting my hopes up.
which 3 teams are going to beat us?

If you say Kentucky, you should be immediately banned for life from VN.

Our defense can't stop bama or ga enough to let our offense get the time they will need to score enough points. Bama and GA defense are way better than any defense we have yet to play this year. That texas game for bama was bama having an off day and that Kent state game for Ga, was Ga having an off day. Anything is possible sure but 9/10 games we will lose to bama and GA. Until we upgrade the talent on defense we won't be able to compete with them. We have the offense and I'd argue our offense is second to bama and ahead of Ga but their defense vs our defense it's not close by any means.
Do you really think Alabama’s offense is better than Tennessee’s offense this season?

I agree we won't beat UGa or Bama without a stouter back end on the defense.

But don't go thinking Florida gave anyone else a blueprint for how to succeed. First, and obviously, they didn't. Succeed. They lost. But second, Florida's "blueprint" has big stamps along the margins that say CAUTION: HIGH RISK, USE ONLY AT EXTREME NEED, CAN BACKFIRE--AND USUALLY WILL.

Most coaches who think they have a realistic shot aren't going to take that big a risk from the very first quarter. We could see a Kentucky or South Carolina trying it out in the second half once they realize we're simply a better team than them, but (a) by then it will probably be too late and (b) it is actually high-risk, and will more likely than not put them in an even deeper hole.

What Niedermeyer View attachment 495222View attachment 495224, I mean Napier View attachment 495223 did was unorthodox, some might even say extreme. He's not providing a blueprint to anyone rational. His was a game plan of desperation that worked far better than it had any right to. And he still lost.
1664413924708.jpeg

Reactions: feathersax
I’d honestly rather beat Bama in Knoxville, and lose to Georgia. It’s also more likely than beating Georgia in Athens. I say beat Bama and it’s Bama and Georgia in SEC championship game. Leaving us at 11-1 with wins over Bama, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, Pitt, etc. our resume would be too good not to be in the playoff. Could you imagine Georgia, Alabama, and possibly us in the playoff? I know it’s a reeeeaallll long shot, but it’s not impossible.
And a semi-final matchup against the Buckeyes so I can mercilessly rag on my in-laws, please. 😁

Although Stroud might throw for 500 yards against our defense as it is now.

Then you took it wrong

I saw the show when he made the comment and never said anything about beating AL or GA, just said he changed his pick from 10 wins to 11. Your assumption is he was picking us to beat one of them. My assumption was he was not. Since we don't know what he meant since he didn't clarify it we can make our own.

I saw the show when he made the comment and never said anything about beating AL or GA, just said he changed his pick from 10 wins to 11. Your assumption is he was picking us to beat one of them. My assumption was he was not. Since we don't know what he meant since he didn't clarify it we can make our own.
And you still didn't pay attention and you're wrong. He did clarify. He said the only team we are not beating is bama. Plus common sense would tell you that if you play 13 games you can't go 11-1 lol

I agree we won't beat UGa or Bama without a stouter back end on the defense.

But don't go thinking Florida gave anyone else a blueprint for how to succeed. First, and obviously, they didn't. Succeed. They lost. But second, Florida's "blueprint" has big stamps along the margins that say CAUTION: HIGH RISK, USE ONLY AT EXTREME NEED, CAN BACKFIRE--AND USUALLY WILL.

Most coaches who think they have a realistic shot aren't going to take that big a risk from the very first quarter. We could see a Kentucky or South Carolina trying it out in the second half once they realize we're simply a better team than them, but (a) by then it will probably be too late and (b) it is actually high-risk, and will more likely than not put them in an even deeper hole.

What Niedermeyer View attachment 495222View attachment 495224, I mean Napier View attachment 495223 did was unorthodox, some might even say extreme. He's not providing a blueprint to anyone rational. His was a game plan of desperation that worked far better than it had any right to. And he still lost.
he was fighting for his job.. so to speak.

LSU is a more talented team than Florida.... This game will test us more than Florida... We need a better defensive plan and the offense to be big again. Florida is done... Social media highlights been on repeat but let's focus on LSU... Screw Brian Kelly

which 3 teams are going to beat us?

If you say Kentucky, you should be immediately banned for life from VN.

I understand the sentiment and want it to be true. When I was a student we hadn’t lost to Kentucky in many many years and could count on beating them. It was similar for Vanderbilt. Unfortunately, Kentucky now is not that Kentucky.

Mark Stoops has done a commendable job improving that program with the resources that Kentucky has. It’s much harder to recruit there than here, or especially in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.

Do I think we win that game? Yes, but if we have a bad day I also think we likely lose. Losing to Kentucky would be disappointing but not shocking.

Reactions: DC_Vol
I understand the sentiment and want it to be true. When I was a student we hadn’t lost to Kentucky in many many years and could count on beating them. It was similar for Vanderbilt. Unfortunately, Kentucky now is not that Kentucky.

Mark Stoops has done a commendable job improving that program with the resources that Kentucky has. It’s much harder to recruit there than here, or especially in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.

Do I think we win that game? Yes, but if we have a bad day I also think we likely lose. Losing to Kentucky would be disappointing but not shocking.
Have you seen them play this year? They’re not any good. Their offense is atrocious and CRod won’t make them click immediately. We beat them in Lexington last year, our offense is even better this year, and theirs is worse. We’ll be 10+ point favorites in a few weeks.

VN Store

Back