Roman Harper just moved

The next 5 games will define our season because the last 3 are wins. UT Martin is a win but realistically we can lose all 4 of LSU, Kentucky, Bama and UGA. At this point it feels like playing with house money because that's 8-4 at worst.

Honest question. Why would you think we could realistically lose to UK?

I thought Roman Harper predicted that we’d beat bama earlier in the summer. Now he thinks we’re even better than expected but he’s predicted we’ll lose to bama?

Let’s not get too far out over our skis. The scenario described is indeed possible. But not very likely. If it happens, great. But even if it doesn’t, I think we all should be very happy with the progress already evident. Heupel has proven a lot already

Tennessee from 10 wins to 11 wins with the only loss coming to Alabama. Wouldn't that be something.

Not sure who Roman is - but our chances are much greater to beat Ala at home, vs. Georgia on the road. I look for us to lose them both, but if we stay healthy and figure out how to play pass defense - who knows.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Not sure who Roman is - but our chances are much greater to beat Ala at home, vs. Georgia on the road. I look for us to lose them both, but if we stay healthy and figure out how to play pass defense - who knows.

I agree. I mean we absolutely could beat either (or even both) teams but it’s unlikely we beat either of them. To win either of those games will take some special circumstances. That said, such upsets do occasionally happen. Of the two, Alabama at home seems the more likely victory to me, but it’s still a long shot.

I agree. I mean we absolutely could beat either (or even both) teams but it’s unlikely we beat either of them. To win either of those games will take some special circumstances. That said, such upsets do occasionally happen. Of the two, Alabama at home seems the more likely victory to me, but it’s still a long shot.

I think if we could trade our db's for theirs we kill them. Our db's couldn't cover Purdue, Pitt or Florida. I like our receiving core better than theirs, our play calling I like better, we can stop the run - qb is a wash - we are just significantly worse at pass defense.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
If that happens, Heupel better get the fattest of raises and the longest of extensions.
Think we’re way ahead of our selves. Let’s get past LSU. Heupel could be gone at year end. Several power 5 will be looking for a coach. $8m - $10 will be on the table. $5m ain’t going to keep him.

Reactions: posivol
I'm worried more about the 5 win than I am the 10th or 11th.
count-your-chickens-before-they-hatch-do-not.jpg

The next 5 games will define our season because the last 3 are wins. UT Martin is a win but realistically we can lose all 4 of LSU, Kentucky, Bama and UGA. At this point it feels like playing with house money because that's 8-4 at worst.
That's the impact of the Florida win. The pressure is off. We can play football. CJH is about to unleash the Kraken.

That's the impact of the Florida win. The pressure is off. We can play football. CJH is about to unleash the Kraken.

That's a good point. In fact, I think/hope it has that impact for years to come. This program is getting rid of the psychological albatross(es) it's had over it.

Reactions: Samthebam
I think the football world would loose there **** if 3 SEC teams were in the tournament. We on here would love it but overall it would be bad for the league as a whole
I don’t think so, especially if the 3 SEC teams are far and away better. Imagine this scenario: Tennessee beats Alabama at home on October 15, loses to Georgia in Athens in close game. Georgia wins east, loses to Alabama close in SECCG. You then have 3 11-1 SEC teams, with strong OOC wins, with losses only coming to each other. I think in that scenario all 3 make it

Honest question. Why would you think we could realistically lose to UK?
Quickly. Who is our common opponent? Florida. We beat Florida at home, Kentucky beat them at their place. We are ranked closely by unbiased observers, we played a very tight game with them last year. All these things together tell me it is realistic that the game could go either way. Still got to give us the likely edge since we are at home but I think it's easily "realistic" that we could lose.

Think we’re way ahead of our selves. Let’s get past LSU. Heupel could be gone at year end. Several power 5 will be looking for a coach. $8m - $10 will be on the table. $5m ain’t going to keep him.
You misunderstand Josh Heupel. And you misunderstand the UT leadership, from Dan White to Donde Plowman to Randy Boyd, and all those other folks whose names don't often get mentioned.

Josh doesn't want to go anywhere. This is his desired permanent lifetime job.

Dan, Donde, Randy et al don't want Josh going anywhere, either. And they will take the appropriate steps to keep him comfortable here.

So no, Heupel could not "be gone at year end." It simply isn't happening in this universe. You should be able to see that.

Tennessee is a destination job. Why do some of our fans denigrate it more than anyone? This is a ridiculous post.

Tennessee from 10 wins to 11 wins with the only loss coming to Alabama. Wouldn't that be something.

Post Florida hysteria is all it is. Sure, would love to see it happen, but folks are drunk on, on..uh.., well, maybe I'll call it James Younger Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey spiked Gatorade.

VN Store

Back