Roll Call

orangetd88..you planning on getting NCAA 2005 when it comes out next week? If so I assume you are getting it for ps2?

Alive in Charlotte, barely after the Fourth parties with UTFri and Vol Freak.

Originally posted by ncvol@Jul 7, 2004 6:16 PM
Alive in Charlotte, barely after the Fourth parties with UTFri and Vol Freak.

you said it ncvol! It took me a couple of days to get over that one!

:thumbsup: Hey SpreadI, did you play in college? My son's a QB! He loves it! Why not come to UT and work with our football team? Is that an option? Just wondering!

Originally posted by perfectstranger@Jul 4, 2004 10:57 PM
Happy 4th...first time poster from NC!

Somehow this snuck by me before..(sorry)

Anyway, Welcome to VolNation!!! Glad to have you.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I wish I could come and work for UT. I would eat, sleep and live at Neyland if they would let me and not even ask for pay. I live and die for it.......and yes, its my lifelong dream, even if its just being a ball boy, but i doubt it would ever happen. i just know nobody that could even help that happen. My college carrer is not actually much. Coming out of high school, I was more of a basketball recuit than football. I ended up just coming to UK, then I walked on for the football team, but I woulda only played JV (which Hal Mumme put in when he was here)...and he got fired and so did the JV program...but I did it to be around it. I was never SEC calibur...lol. I just wanted to work my way up and learn the game much deeper. But without a doubt working ANYWHERE for the UT football program is a dream, like I said, even if i had to pick up trash in the stadium after games, but I don't exactally have any connections whatsoever. I can always pray and dream I suppose :good:

Im alive in crappy S. Louisiana..........counting the days till I can head north!!!!
Im coming in for the Auburn game. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Originally posted by orangetd88+Jul 6, 2004 10:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (orangetd88 @ Jul 6, 2004 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@Jul 6, 2004 4:20 PM
Broke both my legs and fractured my skull in a car accident a few weeks back. Am stuck on my bed most of the day. I am on my laptop now.

Dude, I am sorry to hear that. Good to see that you are well enough to turn on the computer from time to time. I pray for a quick recovery. [/quote]
Thanks

I would just like to clear up any rumors that may be floating around the country...er...site...and say

Yes, it did hurt

Originally posted by spreadI@Jul 8, 2004 6:30 PM
I ended up just coming to UK, then I walked on for the football team, but I woulda only played JV (which Hal Mumme put in when he was here)...and he got fired and so did the JV program...but I did it to be around it.

Were you at UK when Chris Hatcher was coaching the QBs? I know him pretty well.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jul 6, 2004 10:58 PM
orangetd88..you planning on getting NCAA 2005 when it comes out next week? If so I assume you are getting it for ps2?

Oh yes, I&#39;ll be at EB making that purchase on Monday or Tuesday, and yes, it is for PS2. Don&#39;t care for XBox too much.

spreadI, I will never forget leaving the UK game in &#39;01, and listening to the whining and conspiracy crap that was coming through my car speakers on their postgame show. I mean, it was more ridiculous than any Paul finebaum show I have ever heard, and that is saying alot. They complained about holding calls that were not there, saying that it was a conspiracy to keep UT on track to a BCS bowl. We all know how UT got into a BCS bowl that year, right? LOL

Kentucky has come of the worst fans around, and yes, that includes Florida and Bama.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Jul 8, 2004 11:36 PM

Kentucky has come of the worst fans around, and yes, that includes Florida and Bama.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. The Kentucky fans I know both online and off are class acts. Except my sister-in-law.

:lol:

I know some that great on and offline. But go to a UT-UK game up there, and you will see where I am coming from.

I wont COMPLETELY disagree with you in the aspect that SOME Kentucky fans are bad, but lets face it....every team has some bad fans. I agree that the theory is just silly. UT is just simply better than UK year in and year out. All fans have a crutch of some form. The feeling in Lexington is just simply "my god...when if ever is it gunna change." So it seems as though thats what it is. I grew up in the southeastern part of the state, so I knew both UT and UK fans. there is always going to be some type of crap that goes on inside stadiums and chat rooms. I can&#39;t stand that theory crap. My best friend is a die hard of the big blue and he thinks that. i just think its stupid. The holding calls arent really the problem with these people.....its just their crutch.

In reference to someones question earlier....When I played JV, Rob Manchester was the JV coach. As far as scout team goes, Mumme didn&#39;t care if you died, so you got to work with the "lower level" coaches. I started about a month and a half before all the recruiting violations came out and mumme took the jv program with him.

Pretty funny that Mumme is back coaching at Southeastern Louisiana and has Woody Widenhoffer as his D-coordinator. It&#39;s like they were sent on an SEC remedial coaching assignment.

That whole thing was just a big joke. I remember the game Lewis didn&#39;t play, I think it was 99 at Commonwealth. I was walking in and a guy walking by me said...."You&#39;re going down Lil Tee........" in reference to my jersey. Mumme needs somebody like Woody I guess, god knows his defenses at uk were a laughing stock. Henry ran all over&#39;em.

I have to agree with spreadI on the KY fans thing. I went to my cousin&#39;s wedding a few years back in Lexington (not during football season), and a guy with a UK flag on his car flipped me off because I had TN stuff on my car. Now this was not one of those times where someone should flip me off. He was in a turn lane and as I passed by he flipped me off. The only decent KY fans I know are his in-laws.

I went to the KY game in 2001 and I bought a pair of tickets from a vol fan that were supposedly in the visitors section. They turned out to be in the middle of the season ticket section. That was not fun at all. Especially being down 21-0 at the half.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 18, 2004 4:59 PM

I went to the KY game in 2001 and I bought a pair of tickets from a vol fan that were supposedly in the visitors section.  They turned out to be in the middle of the season ticket section. 

:eek: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was not fun at all.  Especially being down 21-0 at the half.

But it&#39;s the END that counts, isn&#39;t it? ;)

End result, KY is still looking at the tape, and we keep looking on. I&#39;ll sacrifice for a win. :D

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 19, 2004 1:03 AM
At least it didn&#39;t happen in Gainsville.

God FORBID&#33;&#33;

You&#39;d have never come out of there alive&#33;&#33;

I was right behind the band, but I got a pretty good shot of the catch. Banks can be so good, when it is on him to make plays, but he needs to get his head on straight.

VN Store

Back