Roe vs Wade Overturned

I've never been raped (we'll leave out the story about the nurse 12 years my elder when I worked in the hospital during college...), and granted that I'm not a birthing person, but I would damn near guarantee you that the thought of conceiving an assailant's child wanders across a recovering rape victim's mind.

Access is not an issue, and if it is, it shouldn't be. Maybe Biden can send all the birthing people free kits using the CV19 mask protocol.

Oh no we won't! I've got popcorn.....continue.

It would make sense that any medical facility, when a woman who has been raped has gone for examination, would have the morning after pill available and be able to counsel the victim on her options, having that available to her. The issue would be, of course, the trauma of the event and if the woman could or would be willing to be seen for a medical evaluation within the time frame required for the morning after pill to be effective.
That option is generally offered to rape victims after exam.

Man look how cheap that is. In this day and age it really makes you wonder how unwanted pregnancies still happen in a supposedly educated society so concerned about access to ending an unwanted pregnancy

Exactly. It's the 21st century. Why are abortions even a thing aside from medically necessary procedures (ectopic pregnancy, etc.)?

If we can't start with the reality that we're discussing both the life of the unborn and the life of the mother then we'll never get anywhere on this issue. My view is that I concede that reality. I then say life is complicated and messy sometimes so for that reason I believe abortion should be legal across our country via a federal law with restrictions. Maybe unfettered up to 15 weeks? Parental notification in most cases. No federal funding of it. What we can't have is women in Ann Arbor having a right that's not enjoyed by women 30 mins away in Toledo. This is a right women should have for a reasonable amount of time in their pregnancy. Is it murder to kill a fetus at week 15? Yeah, probably is but like I said "life is messy."

I've never felt more "moderate".

While I abhor the practice of abortion I too believe it should be legal up to a certain cutoff date, somewhere between 8-12 weeks IMO. But I wholeheartedly disagree with you on a federal law allowing the practice. It is 100% a state issue and I can't understand why you have a hard time getting that through your head.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

This isn't a hard amendment to understand.

While I abhor the practice of abortion I too believe it should be legal up to a certain cutoff date, somewhere between 8-12 weeks IMO. But I wholeheartedly disagree with you on a federal law allowing the practice. It is 100% a state issue and I can't understand why you have a hard time getting that through your head.

I don't think it's that people don't understand it, they just want to pretend it doesn't exist. They want the federal government to have ALL the power. It's like they have no damn sense that this is what the Founding Fathers fought a Revolution to overthrow.

I can understand the sentiment. To promote uniformity. But we have never ever had uniformity on various issues some even related to healthcare. I have brought up Dr assisted suicide a couple of times now.

I only want my peers in TX determining what is right for us. And I DONT want the damn Feds involved in anything related to my day to day life. And I don’t care what other states do as long as they foot the bill themselves for whatever they decide.

We were set up this way on purpose. And I think it’s genius and still works well today even though it was crafted in the late 1700’s. Now if we could just get the damn Federal government back down to the small size it’s supposed to be. I know I know… pipe dream.

I don't think it's that people don't understand it, they just want to pretend it doesn't exist. They want the federal government to have ALL the power. It's like they have no damn sense that this is what the Founding Fathers fought a Revolution to overthrow.

I believe it's part laziness also, few people really want to be involved in local and state politics.

Where did you come up with this idea? Medicare allows doctors to make decisions about treatment and doesn't require approval for anything. Medicare Advantage plans on the other hand are absolutely rationing healthcare because Medicare pays those insurance companies a set fee per enrolled person, so every dollar they don't pay out for healthcare is another dollar in their pocket.
MDC doesn’t cover medical products like othe insurance companies do. For instance, a MDC patient goes in for a knee arthroscopy. During the procedure a meniscal repair is needed but MDC doesn’t cover the products for this repair. So they get a meniscectomy, removal of the meniscus. Now which procedure in your opinion is better for the patient? Was the patient a victim of their coverage? Many don’t even have a clue they are being screwed. This is just 1 example. I have more.

MDC doesn’t cover medical products like othe insurance companies do. For instance, a MDC patient goes in for a knee arthroscopy. During the procedure a meniscal repair is needed but MDC doesn’t cover the products for this repair. So they get a meniscectomy, removal of the meniscus. Now which procedure in your opinion is better for the patient? Was the patient a victim of their coverage? Many don’t even have a clue they are being screwed. This is just 1 example. I have more.
Sorry, but I think you're confusing Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans.

Bro... A dude who just said that he supports a baby having scissors taken to their head, their brain sucked out, their skulls crushed, their limbs removed, and then vacuumed out of the womb called me a lunatic and you supported him.

What makes me a lunatic? That I think people who have done such things should face the consequences of their actions? That's lunacy? That's histrionics? I doubt you'd feel the same if the woman did it to her week old child, even if that child was a product of rape. But since this is referring to the baby in the womb, somehow you, supposedly being against abortion, side with the lunatic who cheers for it. Yeah, that's nuts and quite the spectacle.
I don't believe for a second he supports the things you say he does. I agreed with his assessment of you, and yes, you're all about histrionics. That you're so thin skinned that you care that I "sided" with him isn't surprising given that imaginary high horse you sit on

I don't believe for a second he supports the things you say he does. I agreed with his assessment of you, and yes, you're all about histrionics. That you're so thin skinned that you care that I "sided" with him isn't surprising given that imaginary high horse you sit on
Lol! He literally said he does, unless you’re now calling him a liar and I’ll leave you to it.

Thin skinned? 🤣

I’ll gladly sit on the high horse of being opposed to murder all day every day.

Lol! He literally said he does, unless you’re now calling him a liar and I’ll leave you to it.

Thin skinned? 🤣

I’ll gladly sit on the high horse of being opposed to murder all day every day.
Yeah, you're thin skinned. No doubt about it. Rather than calling him a liar, I'm thinking he was joking when he responded with "present". More than likely to get under that rolling paper, thin skin of yours.

Yeah, you're thin skinned. No doubt about it. Rather than calling him a liar, I'm thinking he was joking when he responded with "present". More than likely to get under that rolling paper, thin skin of yours.
If he was then he has been consistent with everyone in every conversation that he has had on this subject since this has happened. Perhaps he's a troll. If so, agreeing with him as you did makes even less sense than it did before. Seems I've touched a nerve though in the dude calling me thin skinned seeing as how you've been reduced to the use of ad hominem. I'll bid you adieu. I'll ride out on my anti-murder high horse.

If he was then he has been consistent with everyone in every conversation that he has had on this subject since this has happened. Perhaps he's a troll. If so, agreeing with him as you did makes even less sense than it did before. Seems I've touched a nerve though in the dude calling me thin skinned seeing as how you've been reduced to the use of ad hominem. I'll bid you adieu. I'll ride out on my anti-murder high horse.
Bye!

VN Store

Back