Roe vs Wade Overturned

Hard to compromise with bigots. Nor should we.

There were also plenty of people saying they would leave post-Biden. I think the point everyone is missing is that this SCOTUS has shown time and time again that it will allow the state to **** all over your rights if you are a marginalized group. They basically took the 9th and 14th and said "too bad, lol". Libertarians should be horrified by the opinion, unless they are larping as most do on this board.
There it is
Pay attention everyone. This is how it’s done!
Make grand virtue saturated statements about the importance of not being an absolutist or theocrat. Exalt your ability to “work together to create a free and open society for all”.

But then just refer to people who don’t agree with you as “Bigots” or “Theocrats” and you can throw all of that out. You can move the goal post.

It’s along the same line of thinking the Nazis had towards the Jews. The settlers for the slaves. And the pro-abortion crowd for babies. Dehumanize your opposition. Frame them as bigots or property, and walk around the rest of the day feeling peacefully justified in your own hypocrisy.

Btw, Trumps not a bigot. Trump is your Daddy. And yesterday proved it 😉

Generally speaking to neo-liberal elites/leftists this issue is about guaranteed population control for the have nots and answers for their one night stands.

Well, you tip toe around the elephant in the room... which is there are no men's reproductive rights.

I just love being the villain for you guys.
giphy.gif

Then perhaps we need to be better as a society so young women(and men) are aware that sex leads to pregnancy or so women (and men) aren't encouraged to be lazy. Perhaps focus on decisions having consequences and sticking to taking up responsibilities when those consequences arise.

First need to establish what is a woman.
Need to also get back to stop focusing on men competing in womens sports. Just celebrated Title 9, but now allow men to dominate women in sports.

Common sense has taken a back seat

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Hard to compromise with bigots. Nor should we.

There were also plenty of people saying they would leave post-Biden. I think the point everyone is missing is that this SCOTUS has shown time and time again that it will allow the state to **** all over your rights if you are a marginalized group. They basically took the 9th and 14th and said "too bad, lol". Libertarians should be horrified by the opinion, unless they are larping as most do on this board.
Wow. I don't recall ever seeing you so hypocritical before. You're normally our most level-headed liberal.

As I said before, I think this court got it right where Roe v. Wade messed up. Abortion is a 10th Amendment issue, meaning it falls to the states. Personally, I don't think abortion should be outlawed. Maybe, and I stress maybe, it should be more regulated (by each individual state), but I don't support outlawing it. But each state will have growing pains with this new ruling. It is up to the citizens of each state to decide where they stand, and then get out and vote for the candidates that will make it happen. I actually think it's possible the Dems could make great strides on the state level with this as a campaign issue. But they need to get over the wailing and the gnashing of teeth and stop acting like they're somehow victims because they didn't get their way at the federal level. But God forbid (Pardon the religion) that this country actually work the way it should where issues not addressed in the Constitution fall to the states.

No one, and I mean no one, is as guilty as bigotry as the left is. How so you ask? Anyone who disagrees with their view is automatically labeled a racist or a bigot, and that has been their strategy for the last few decades. I have no qualms with calling out true racism, and true bigotry, but the constant calling of "wolf" by the left where no wolf is present has become tiresome.

BOTH parties leave much to be desired. You need to step off your soapbox and take a good, hard look at your own party. They control the White House. They control Congress. They knew this ruling was coming. Where are their attempts to codify abortion? They would rather use this issue to attempt to campaign on rather than actually take action. Yet I doubt you'll call that out because it's always the "other side's" fault. Congratulations on finally joining the sheep with your bleating.

FFS, if this issue means so much to the left, if it is so important that this be a federal issue for them, the why the hell aren't the Dem lawmakers who are currently in control taking action? Here's their chance. If they do nothing, that's on them, and every person that claims allegiance to the Democratic Party should acknowledge that rather than repeating the narrative "Republicans are bigots".

When have I ever supported autocracy or absolutist opinions regarding government? This is when it gets dangerous. We aren't even a full day post-Roe and we've already got folks telling other folks to get the **** out if they don't like it. I don't think that is right. Just because folks want a theocratic state in Tennessee doesn't mean it should be that way.
This raises an interesting point. When the Constitution was ratified, I believe most, if not all, states had laws on the books requiring church attendance. Most of those were appealed by the early 1800s.

Now, I agree with you, I do not want to live in a theocratic state and the history of the country since those times would suggest any such laws would be struck down, but there is precedent for states choosing something along those lines. Just FYI.

There it is
Make grand virtue saturated statements about the importance of not being an absolutist or theocrat. Exalt your ability to “work together to create a free and open society for all”.

But then just refer to people who don’t agree with you as “Bigots” or “Theocrats” and you can throw all of that out. You can move the goal post.

It’s along the same line of thinking the Nazis had towards the Jews. The settlers for the slaves. And the pro-abortion crowd for babies. Dehumanize your opposition. Frame them as bigots or property, and walk around the rest of the day feeling peacefully justified in your own hypocrisy.

Taking a line “if you only like democracy when it only works for you, then you don’t like democracy”

For 4 years if you disagreed with the left, it wasn’t a conversation. It was you’re a “homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, bigot or fascist”

Democracy worked

There it is

I wish people would stfu about Trump. He's no longer POTUS. I hope to God he does not run again, and if he does, I hope the GOP isn't stupid enough to nominate him again. Both sides need to do a better job at finding candidates and stop giving us rejects that have no business being in the WH.

Taking a line “if you only like democracy when it only works for you, then you don’t like democracy”

For 4 years if you disagreed with the left, it wasn’t a conversation. It was you’re a “homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, bigot or fascist”

Democracy worked
Yep, If you didn’t support Hillary in 2016, you were sexist.

If you didn’t support Obama, you were racist.

Now, somehow, not supporting Biden is White Supremacy.

It never stops! So we should stop playing their games. Wanna call me racist for thinking Obama was an absolutely terrible President and an even worse human being? Ok. I’m racist then. Do I get a T shirt? Size Large please.

They have every intention to do so. Pence and his cultists have already said so. Even the turtle.
My advice will probably not be hitting you at the right time. But...I recommend we remain objective about the difference between rhetoric, legislation, and constitutional government.

There it is

I'm not the one trying to legislate the removal of rights from people. That is you and your people, not me. So take your post and gfy.

Yep, If you didn’t support Hillary in 2016, you were sexist.

If you didn’t support Obama, you were racist.

Now, somehow, not supporting Biden is White Supremacy.

It never stops! So we should stop playing their games. Wanna call me racist for thinking Obama was an absolutely terrible President and an even worse human being? Ok. I’m racist then. Do I get a T shirt? Size Large please.
Those that choose that route are limited in political knowledge or history. Those that go that route on recite key words they hear by MSM to continue the division. They don’t want to acknowledge what is behind the curtain of their own party because then they would have to cancel what they truly want to stand for.

Who thinks this sounds like a good idea. Sounds like a great idea to test rural America.

I would caution Libs of TikTok against making rural America "pay". The rioters (if it came to that) would be mowed down by armed militia. It would make the Kyle Rittenhouse outcome look tame by comparison.

I guess I think this has some good upside for democrats. I think the centrist view is that women deserve choice. I think conservative states’ trigger laws that effectively ban abortions after a point when you may not even know you’re pregnant are WAY to the right. It would be an easy campaign issue for a democrat in those areas to be centrist and win elections they would not otherwise win. This actually has the possibility of turning deep red states more blue.

I would caution Libs of TikTok against making rural America "pay". The rioters (if it came to that) would be mowed down by armed militia. It would make the Kyle Rittenhouse outcome look tame by comparison.
Libs of tik tok are not for the above post... they are saying that's what they left wants not that they agree

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

VN Store

Back