Roe vs Wade Overturned

Now the liberals are finally learning what it feels like to dread every time the SCOTUS prepares to announce a decision. You know, the way I have felt MY ENTIRE LIFE. Of course, when THEY were on the winning side, they always virtuously pontificated on how important it was to respect the rule of law and that I had to just learn to cope with decisions that I disagreed with. Welcome to our world Libs. Hope you get to “enjoy” seeing everything YOU care about get gutted by unelected judges for the next five decades. This is the world you created. Hope you like it.

The fact that this way all because the left were upset about a law that allowed abortions up to 15 weeks, shows how radical they really are.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don't know why it would be a requirement

I figured the Dr would want to take a look, I don't know but it would seem like a good practice to me prior to doing an invasive procedure. But I'm not a Dr so maybe they wouldn't be medically necessary.

This isn't true. If people against it believed it were murder, then there would be no exceptions, and a lot of people agree with exceptions.

At any point prior to birth do you consider it murder?

Can I take the claw end of a hammer to the thing as it crowns?

Obviously, at some point it becomes murder.

It’s the very reason the death penalty exists. I didn’t say I agreed with it or not.

I don't know what this means in relation to our convo.

All I'm saying is not everybody against it thinks it's murder, and I think there is very clear evidence of that. Not all of them are practicing cognitive dissonance.

If it's murder, you better be ready to hand out life sentences to people you know, love, and admire.

Reactions: zeppelin128
On further reading, it appears Clarence Thomas is ok with states outlawing birth control, condoms, whatever, as long as its not specifically mentioned in the constitution, a state can outlaw it.

He didn't say he was OK with it, he said the constitution granted the states the power to do so and he's right.

It's another method to force their beliefs on others not to mention another forced medical procedure. Aren't we against those now?

You think it would be an unbiased counselor? You don't think the ultrasound would end up with the tech pulling out pics like the zealots in here?
Like the unbiased counselor at planned parenthood that tried to get me to watch a film on abortion before they would do my “ free” pregnancy test?

He didn't say he was OK with it, he said the constitution granted the states the power to do so and he's right.

People spend all this time talking about how rights aren't granted by the government, they're natural rights, buy they're okay with state governments having the ability to take away those rights.

Reactions: zeppelin128
How will this affect mid terms?
It won't at all. Inflation ain't going anywhere and this is enough time for people to realize that roe vs Wade actually meant. Also... This isnt as much of a win for prolife as it appears. This means CA can allow it post birth as well as Mississippi having heartbeat bill. You get both extremes even the ugliest of them.

You mad that orange man is still winning aren’t you?

He lost, I'm actually not mad. Republicans just sealed their fate with young voters. This, combined with their refusal to pass gun control because they're in the NRA's pockets, is going to make a lot of people vote blue. Hope you enjoy it before the boomers die off, its over when that happens.

Reactions: ohhbother
the legality is a stretch but not the idea. See, the right uses govt to do its bidding just like the left. Difference is the left admits it while the god-fearing, moral righties claim the high ground

All? I'm in favor of huge cuts to law enforcement and prisons though. Police should not be state revenue collectors
I don't see anything that protects those that can't protect themselves as a big gov issue.
The righties don't have a monopoly on morality. The lefties just have a different morality.

Last edited:
Like the unbiased counselor at planned parenthood that tried to get me to watch a film on abortion before they would do my “ free” pregnancy test?
exactly

Except I've been told PP is just an abortion mill so you should have know

That
exactly

Except I've been told PP is just an abortion mill so you should have know
Right, at 18 everyone has the evil side of the world figured out. That is not how pp was displayed in 1985. Didn’t find out until I went inside.

People spend all this time talking about how rights aren't granted by the government, they're natural rights, buy they're okay with state governments having the ability to take away those rights.

I'm no more ok with state governments taking rights away than I am the federal government doing it but since state governments are more accountable to their citizens I would rather that power rest in state legislatures than in DC.

That
Right, at 18 everyone has the evil side of the world figured out. That is not how pp was displayed in 1985. Didn’t find out until I went inside.
you're making the same point. The message will be controlled by the beliefs of others

VN Store

Back