Rodney garner to Auburn (maybe? Nah)

Garner has proven hes a great coach, no doubt. But now that the days of bagmen are gone, hes not nearly the recruiter he was, IMO. When he was here in the late 90's, then at Auburn, he was literally stacking 5 stars. Recruiting is a different beast now.
Ross, Bradley, Pearce, and Big O are all here because of Coach Garner. He don't need a bag man.

"At this time, I don't see any movement (with Tennessee's coaching staff)," said Price. "Now, Auburn doesn't have a defensive line coach. A lot of people have asked about Rodney Garner. I believe people at Auburn have reached out to Rodney Garner. But at this time, I do not believe he will leave. Now, that is his alma mater, so if they keep swinging, you never say never. But I don't believe at this time, as we sit here on Tuesday morning at 8:14 your time (central time), that that's heading in that direction. I think Rodney has been in the office, he's been in meetings, he's been watching winter workouts. I mean, he has been every bit a part of Tennessee football. And to me, right now, I just don't see him leaving. So at this point, I do not see any changes (with Tennessee's coaching staff)."

I would hate to lose him. First, he’s a good coach and great recruiter. But second, in this day of free transfers there is no telling how many defensive linemen we would lose before we even start the 2024 season.
I would venture to say that at least 75% of our D line has came to UT due to coach Garner. After all, he's one of, if not the BEST D line coach in the country.

His coaching is elite. It does trouble me a little that UT has such a hard time recruiting the DL.
Interior maybe but we have more talent along the Dline than any other position group. Our edge players are elite. Even though interior Dline recruiting hasn’t been as good as we’d like our inside guys are damn good too. Just would love to see more young guys coming up inside.

That some on here don’t see the recruiting and development skills of Coach Garner all I can say is they will never be satisfied. Change the title of this thread, Garner isn’t going anywhere but to work at Tennessee. GBO!!!!!

VN Store

Back