Robert Hubbs to return to Tennessee..OFFICIAL

Okay guys, what does the roster look like now? Richardson, Hubbs, Punter, Mostella, Pops, McGhee, Thompson, who else?

Possible additions - Owens, Suarez, Cofer, Ellis?

Add Moore and Reese. Last I heard Thompsom is still on the fence.

His form needs some work. Watch when he shoots; he has no balance beneath him because he keeps his feet almost together. He needs to widen his stance about 8-12".

Cool story - My jumper in my younger days had me kicking my legs out in front of me while keeping them together with sort of a fade away movement. Pretty much a copy of MJ's shot. So I can relate to the no balance thing,

Glad I could contribute to the discussion. Hope you all liked it.

Cool story - My jumper in my younger days had me kicking my legs out in front of me while keeping them together with sort of a fade away movement. Pretty much a copy of MJ's shot. So I can relate to the no balance thing,

Glad I could contribute to the discussion. Hope you all liked it.

Obligatory, "Cool story bro". J/k Manny. Have you noticed that flaw in Thompson's jumper too?

Hubbs and mostella could easily be the best wing players in the sec and yes over the Harrison's
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Obligatory, "Cool story bro". J/k Manny. Have you noticed that flaw in Thompson's jumper too?

Now that you mention it, yeah. Another part of the problem that I see is his release is extremely slow. Same problem that every other one of the guards on this team seem to have. Richardson only shoots threes when open, so it's not as big of a deal with him. But we don't have anyone that can run off a screen and put up a shot immediately like McRae could. Reese, DT, Hubbs to some extent; all have to wind up their jumper.

Hubbs and mostella could easily be the best wing players in the sec and yes over the Harrison's
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"Could" being the operative word there. The Harrison's have the experience advantage, and they aren't exactly bereft of talent either.

Hubbs and Mostella definitely have the advantage in athleticism. We just haven't seen anything from either one to make a fair comparison to the Harrison's, who nearly led their team to a NC.

Now that you mention it, yeah. Another part of the problem that I see is his release is extremely slow. Same problem that every other one of the guards on this team seem to have. Richardson only shoots threes when open, so it's not as big of a deal with him. But we don't have anyone that can run off a screen and put up a shot immediately like McRae could. Reese, DT, Hubbs to some extent; all have to wind up their jumper.

Agree. Esp on Reese. That shot takes a TV timeout halfway through.

Don't need for jumper. Need him to run offense, rack up assists and use that wingspan on the press defense

What? A point guard that cannot knock down an open jumper is a liability. Teams will beg you to shoot while slumping on defense to limit you to that missed shot.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree. Esp on Reese. That shot takes a TV timeout halfway through.

His release did seem to get quicker from year 1 to year 2, at least. I bet about half of his 3 point attempts were blocked, his first year.

Speeding up that release could also be part of the reason he didn't shoot a very good percentage this year

His release did seem to get quicker from year 1 to year 2, at least. I bet about half of his 3 point attempts were blocked, his first year.

Speeding up that release could also be part of the reason he didn't shoot a very good percentage this year

Yeah, it was improved from a release speed standpoint, but like you said, maybe at the cost of accuracy. And it was still too slow. If not for being 6-8, they'd all be blocked.

The real question about Reese is why haven't coaches tried to correct or even help his shooting form? I remember when I played basketball in high school, I had a decent jumper/3pt shot but it became REALLY good when I started focusing on technique rather than the quantity of shots. It might be too little too late, but this was the exact time frame that Josh Richardson's shot went from crap to a decent 3 pt shooter. We all see the potential in Reese as a 3 pt shooter. Just that release/technique is nasty

VN Store

Back