Rob Smith

(Smokey_Vol @ Jan 4 said:
I doubt he will even be drafted, but I say he will sign as a free agent after the draft. Bad move :bad: ........................

Agreed. Neither Munoz or Respert got drafted last year. Munoz was an all-american.

(RammerJammer84 @ Jan 4 said:
Thats why your Team with a bunch of big stars but no team mentality was 5-6, and Bama was 10-2 as a team...

Lighten up. It was not reference to the season but to the manner in which they get their players. The 10-2 and 5-6 is whole another thread with horse whippin's going on.

(oklavol @ Jan 4 said:
Agreed. Neither Munoz or Respert got drafted last year. Munoz was an all-american.

Munoz' being prone to injury kept him out. Smith might get in late.

Seems that of all the positions on UT that should not be leaving early it is OL. CPF should be teaching them so much, that their O line education would be too valuable to leave without getting it all.

An ole o lineman ought to be able to keep these guys around. I think it is a little demoralizing for the program for the kid to leave now while we are trying to get this thing turned around. I wish him all the best.

that sucks, he was one of my favorite lineman. He was a hard worker, came in as a small prospect and worked his way up.

Thats why your Team with a bunch of big stars but no team mentality was 5-6, and Bama was 10-2 as a team...
EXCELLENT POST!

Let's forget the fact that Bammers are slug sucking cheaters who deserve to fry in HELL for their Satanic actions. Let's also forget how I, wilburnVol, am licking my chops waiting for The Day The Death Penalty Arrives in BammerLand. You can all go cry big Bammer tears on your dead, chain smoking, cancer-caused-death Bear's grave/lair on that day and sing about the Good Ole Times when Namath dated black chicks and you suspended him for acting "like a heathen".

And TDTDPA is coming, oh Bammer JamEater, you toothless, "Hi-Sis-Gimme-A-Kiss" Bud Beer guzzling buffoon. For it lies deep in the bowels of all Bammers to lie, cheat ansd steal, it is genetic, it is sperm-bound, it is BammerLife from birth.

:crazy: :crazy: :biggrin2: :bad: :bad: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2:

Anyone else agree with me that if a player leaves a school early the should have to repay the school for their scholarship...
Nope . . . Why are football players held to a different standard from any other student? There are a limited number of guys who will ever get a shot at the NFL and their window of opportunity is very small. Can't blame anybody for leaving for a paycheck.

If Coca Cola or IBM had come along my Junior year and said here's 6 figures if you'll leave school early, I'd have been gone too.

Smith will get drafted because unlike Munoz and Respert he has the ability to play mean. :aggressive:

Munoz was given All-American in honor of his father. He wasn't that good his senior year and obviously not good enough for the pros.

Smith played well the last 2 years. He has been in school for 4 years if he is one class short of graduation. The red-shirt shouldn't be held against him. If you look at guys like Mahelona who lost a lot of stock this year why not go pro. With this past season's results I can't blame a guy for opting for the pros.

Thank you for your contribution to UT football Rob Smith and best of luck in the pros. Now , just don't disrespect us when they introduce you on MNF be saying you went to the School of Hardnocks.

Munoz was given All-American in honor of his father. He wasn't that good his senior year and obviously not good enough for the pros.

Smith played well the last 2 years. He has been in school for 4 years if he is one class short of graduation. The red-shirt shouldn't be held against him. If you look at guys like Mahelona who lost a lot of stock this year why not go pro. With this past season's results I can't blame a guy for opting for the pros.

Thank you for your contribution to UT football Rob Smith and best of luck in the pros. Now , just don't disrespect us when they introduce you on MNF be saying you went to the School of Hardnocks.

(hillbilly @ Jan 4 said:
Munoz was given All-American in honor of his father.

IMO no one is given an all-american. its voted on by the sportswriters in the AP. a group of those guys didnt get together in a room and decide "lets do something to honor his dad", no way.

I agree . . . His name may have gotten him a few votes, but the idea that it was some sort of lifetime achievement award is a little out there.

I don't see why players would give money back either. 4 year scholarship=around 40,000. Multi million dollar program, I think we are coming out ahead.I suppose one day players will get some spending money especially the ones that are in need.

Anyone else agree with me that if a player leaves a school early the should have to repay the school for their scholarship...

Anyone else agree with ME that if someone had offerred me in excess of $1 million to leave school early and take a job I had ALWAYS DREAMED OF that I would have taken a bite out of that apple, too???

It's just the way things are, my friends. As long as it's legal to draft underclassmen, they will go. Wouldn't you??? And, before you answer, think about what you would do in his one in a million position.

Rob says that the firing of Stephens was his reason for quiting. Sounds like an emotional decision to me and it will cost him big money. I personally think he should rethink this.

Wow! Fulmer clap.....how long and how much money did it take to get a team to do that? It took how many years and how many illegal actions to get a team to do this for one year? So me consecutive years and I might take your insult to heart.

I'll second that vote. I say if he doesn't want to play here, don't let the door hit him in the a$$. Pay up suckers!

Maybe reality will set in when he gets his possible free agent contract like the rest of our losers who have decided to turn pro early. See two years ago Vol faithful.

I'm sure the NFL is looking for another overrated lineman who can't block.

(kiddiedoc @ Jan 4 said:
Anyone else agree with ME that if someone had offerred me in excess of $1 million to leave school early and take a job I had ALWAYS DREAMED OF that I would have taken a bite out of that apple, too???

It's just the way things are, my friends. As long as it's legal to draft underclassmen, they will go. Wouldn't you??? And, before you answer, think about what you would do in his one in a million position.

Couldn't agree more. As much as I would love to see guys stay, I can't be that hypocritical.

If someone offered me that much money to go ahead and leave, take my dream job and make more money than I've ever seen in my life, don't think I wouldn't do it in a heartbeat.

(CSpindizzy @ Jan 5 said:
Wow! Fulmer clap.....how long and how much money did it take to get a team to do that? It took how many years and how many illegal actions to get a team to do this for one year? So me consecutive years and I might take your insult to heart.

As much as you want to dig Bama for cheating and what not lets remember that was during the Dubose Era which ended in 2000.... There have been 5 full seasons and none of the players/coaches on the current team were in any way/shape/form involved in the mess.... The current Seniors paid the price but they will leave on top.... Im sure the UT seniors would die to be 10-2

(RammerJammer84 @ Jan 5 said:
As much as you want to dig Bama for cheating and what not lets remember that was during the Dubose Era which ended in 2000.... There have been 5 full seasons and none of the players/coaches on the current team were in any way/shape/form involved in the mess.... The current Seniors paid the price but they will leave on top.... Im sure the UT seniors would die to be 10-2
They were last year.

He was upset about JRS getting his walking papers. I honestly thought he'd stay, he always spoke about how he just wanted to get better and loved to practice.
I have stayed high on Rob this(past) season. Some didnt like him and i never understood why? His remarks after the KY game to me only sounded as a young man upset about his position coach being let go, No big deal.
But walking away from UT because he cant give 100%, sounds a little bit like he took it personal. IMO, he did need this season to improve before considering the league.

I dont know if i want to wish him the best or as someone else mentioned , watch that door on your way out.
He's a pretty smart kid, so i would assume his plan is to take his chances at the NFL. If that doesn't pan out...He has a job with the FBI/ Secret Service.

Hope that McNeil kid is a bulldozer....

VN Store

Back