Rob Smith

(bleedingorange @ Jan 4 said:
i kinda felt like he would leave early, if u remember he was very upset about Jimmy Ray Stephens getting fired. Another one of the I attitudes on the team if u ask me, good riddens.
Amen. The school is bigger than one whiner.

In the Chattanooga paper's article on this, Justin Harrell suggested that all the juniors had gotten together after the season and it was Justin's belief that none of them were leaving. He said he was very surprised by Rob's announcement because of what had been said in this meeting. Anyone read anything about such a meeting?

(kiddiedoc @ Jan 4 said:
Anyone else agree with ME that if someone had offerred me in excess of $1 million to leave school early and take a job I had ALWAYS DREAMED OF that I would have taken a bite out of that apple, too???

It's just the way things are, my friends. As long as it's legal to draft underclassmen, they will go. Wouldn't you??? And, before you answer, think about what you would do in his one in a million position.

I agree with the point you made. The problem is that the point is not applicable to Rob Smith's situation. He will not be given $1M. He will not even be given a guaranteed contract, not as late as he will get drafted. He will be fighting tooth and nail just to make a squad. Unfortunately, he could be applying for a "regular" job not long after leaving the University of Tennessee.

I think thats why his decision was so light hearted to be honest. If he had been full blown towards the League he would have returned for that extra year of growth for the game. Smith must have been just close enough to JRS that the staff change sent him the other direction.
I met Smiths father, I met Rob. Dad was delighted, even making comments towards the nature of, soak it up!

Rob was a very mild, quiet guy in person. He will finish school and has offers from the government, If JRS being liquidated was his motivating factor in not returning then so be it. I dont buy him going Pro because he cant give 100% to Tennessee.

VN Store

Back