Rob Lewis sums this season up succinctly...

Yet Pearl’s won two more NCAA tourney games at Auburn than Barnes has at TN. Oh, and not to mention Auburn made a Final Four and was an iffy call away from beating eventual champion Virginia and being in the NC game. Hello?

That call at the end of the UVA game wasn't iffy at all. It was a very easy call, actually. He didn't let the shooter land.

Reactions: papatomany
They also caught a break and were an iffy call away from being knocked out of the first round. No point in playing the what-ifs game

So facts minus conjecture say he’s won two more tourney games at Auburn than Barnes has at TN along with an SEC tourney championship. Also tied Vols for reg season title.

So facts minus conjecture say he’s won two more tourney games at Auburn than Barnes has at TN along with an SEC tourney championship. Also tied Vols for reg season title.
Good for him. I’m not an Auburn fan so I don’t really see or feel the need to congratulate and stand up for Bruce. I’m sure there’s plenty of Auburn boards around to do that

On The Sports Source Today. the panel discussed how Boyd should tell Barnes that he is expecting at least a Sweet 16 run every year with a possible Final Four berth for the salary that Barnes is being paid.

Good for him. I’m not an Auburn fan so I don’t really see or feel the need to congratulate and stand up for Bruce. I’m sure there’s plenty of Auburn boards around to do that

I’m not an Auburn fan either, but I do know which school has gotten a bigger bang for the buck to this point.

A very small chunk of it is, yeah. You enjoy overpaying for an underachieving coach? Ah, never mind, you probably do.

It ain’t my money so I don’t give a sh*t.

He literally gets paid whether you give into the program or not.

Again, it’s pointless.

Yet Pearl’s won two more NCAA tourney games at Auburn than Barnes has at TN. Oh, and not to mention Auburn made a Final Four and was an iffy call away from beating eventual champion Virginia and being in the NC game. Hello?
How long is that good for? 2 years? 5? 10? 20?

Pretty wild...

Kentucky: DNP
Duke: DNP
Villanova: 1-0
Texas Tech: 1-0
Tennessee: 0-1
North Carolina: 0-1
Michigan State: 0-1
Auburn: DNP
Texas A&M: DNP
Nebraska: DNP
Louisville: DNP
Illinois: 1-1
Utah: DNP
TCU: DNP
Kansas: 1-0
Virginia: 0-1
West Virginia: 1-1
UCLA: 2-0
Providence: DNP
Baylor: 2-0
Indiana: DNP
Georgia: DNP

Of the Top 22: 11 didn’t make the dance, 4 made it and didn’t win a game, 2 went 1-1, 5 are still playing.

Lol. I’m sure the call against Purdue was correct and Auburn’s was iffy.

Pearl got lucky that a NMSU player missed his free throws.

Pretty wild...

Kentucky: DNP
Duke: DNP
Villanova: 1-0
Texas Tech: 1-0
Tennessee: 0-1
North Carolina: 0-1
Michigan State: 0-1
Auburn: DNP
Texas A&M: DNP
Nebraska: DNP
Louisville: DNP
Illinois: 1-1
Utah: DNP
TCU: DNP
Kansas: 1-0
Virginia: 0-1
West Virginia: 1-1
UCLA: 2-0
Providence: DNP
Baylor: 2-0
Indiana: DNP
Georgia: DNP

Of the Top 22: 11 didn’t make the dance, 4 made it and didn’t win a game, 2 went 1-1, 5 are still playing.
Like I said in another thread, a lot of teams underperformed this year. Especially young teams.

Hard to judge any of these performances this year, but obviously a lot still will.

On The Sports Source Today. the panel discussed how Boyd should tell Barnes that he is expecting at least a Sweet 16 run every year with a possible Final Four berth for the salary that Barnes is being paid.
It should be the case, but some are just happy making the tourney. LMAO

2%/ 3%
Springer 47.5/ 43.5
Bailey 49.0/ 33.8
Vescovi 43.9/ 37.3
James 47.7/ 30.8

McClung 47.2/ 34.1

... but somehow he would've been the solution to our shooting woes.

(And his freshman year was almost identical to Keon's, shooting-wise.)

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

You can have good runs in reaching the Sweet 16 but going every year is really tough if you stick at a place for more than a few years. 4 year streaks are reasonably common. Michigan State had 2 different 4 year streaks making the S16 in the 2000s. Wisconsin, Duke, Kansas, Florida, Louisville, Ohio State and Memphis all have 4 year streaks in the last 20 years.

Gonzaga has a 5 year streak that they can push to six this year. Since the field went to 64 teams the longest streak is 9 by North Carolina. They also have a 5 year streak in there. They missed it in 1994 but otherwise went every season from 1985 to 1999.

For the coaches in the Barnes income bracket they basically make 8-9 out of every 10 NCAAs, go to the Sweet 16 about half the time and have a final four run every 4 or 5 years roughly.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back