Rivals has us at 11th ranked class now.. [9th with the late addition]

UPSET, sounds HUGE, but there are upsets and then there are Real Upsets. Example, #8 wins In Huge UPSET over #6-great or selling Beer ad space, but most of us know, it wasn't huge, and at best a tiny upset. Now when #45 beats a #8 that is an upset, and a Huge Upset at that! There is little doubt that there are upsets every week in NCAA Football, but more often than not, there aren't that many HUGE upsets. Those teams that are better coached, and attract better recruits usually win over teams with less talented coaching staff and players. Usually, does not mean-always, but it does mean- most of the time.

" kinda hard to coach up less talent to try and beat a more talented team that constantly out recruits you...."

That's what you said ^^^^^ I said "and yet it happens all the time, just usually not with us"

GaSt constantly out recruit us?
BYU?
Vandy?
Missouri?
South Carolina?

South Carolina Constantly out recruit GA?
Auburn constantly out recruit Bama?
LSU constantly out recruit Bama?
Purdue constantly out recruit OSU?

It happens all the time, just usually not with us. Maybe that's changing....never mind. I'll go talk to the wall.
So we constantly out recruit south Carolina? Mizzou? No? Got it. Still no answer on vandy beating Georgia every year...

So we constantly out recruit south Carolina? Mizzou? No? Got it. Still no answer on vandy beating Georgia every year...
Would you say that UT out-recruits Vandy year in and year out? I would say they do. UT is 3-5 in the last 8 games vs. Vandy. That's 2 recruiting cycles (not counting redshirts)...5-5 if you want to count red-shirts.

There's no (or very little) doubt Bama has owned recruiting for the last decade. Auburn has been pretty good but nowhere near Bama. Bama is 6-4 vs. Auburn in the last 10 games.

The Georgia state loss is one of the worst losses in Tennessee History. It's right up there with Texas state. Yes Tennessee's had bad losses before. But Tennessee's got to have that Marquee win once in awhile to. That's not happened in a long time. The way you get rid of that bad taste is you knock off somebody you're not supposed to. Maybe next year they do it.

It could be worse. Clemson is still getting hammered for a close early-season WIN at UNC. I'd certainly prefer that in Knoxville over the two bad losses we had.

On to the bowl...

..and we still have 3 more open slots. That's with 22 committed.

We may very well pull off a top 10 class guys. More importantly, CJP absolutely killed it at filling in the holes in our roster at WR...LB...DB...and RB.

Couple of good 4 star surprises today.

We are on the way BACK TO THE TOP!!!

GO VOLS!!! WGWTFA!!

Edit:
Up to 9th now with Joseph as 23rd!!! Thanks Freak for updating title.
Who do yall think the 3 big fish might be?

Who will be the standout from this class?
What was Georgia State's last 4 recruiting classes ranked?

VN Store

Back