Rivals has us at 11th ranked class now.. [9th with the late addition]

To be fair, hes not the one that brought it up.

"Georgia St" is like the bat signal.

source.gif

tenor.gif

DUDE...YET LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING. Go piss in your own cornflakes...
What is happening? We beat some mediocre teams down the stretch. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we won those games. But I don't understand all the chest beating. If we played Florida tomorrow do you really think we would win? What about Georgia? What about Alabama? Being cautiously optimistic is fine but getting arrogant and beating our chests makes us look silly

Reactions: jeff1vol and 08Vol
No, but its old news.

It didn't result in what you just knew that it would.
Don't worry, UT will lose another game at some point and you will be back in your happy place again.
All I'm saying is that it's going to take something really special to get over some of those losses. Although Tennessee had some respectable wins at the end of the year none were spectacular enough to erase what happened at the beginning of the season with most fans. Next year if they can knock off Florida or a Georgia or maybe Oklahoma I think a lot of people will forget.

What is happening? We beat some mediocre teams down the stretch. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we won those games. But I don't understand all the chest beating. If we played Florida tomorrow do you really think we would win? What about Georgia? What about Alabama? Being cautiously optimistic is fine but getting arrogant and beating our chests makes us look silly

It doesn't matter if we'd beat FL tomorrow. What matters is how we fare vs them next yr.

But only for the ones two immature to move past it. Tennessee has had bad losses in the past.
The Georgia state loss is one of the worst losses in Tennessee History. It's right up there with Texas state. Yes Tennessee's had bad losses before. But Tennessee's got to have that Marquee win once in awhile to. That's not happened in a long time. The way you get rid of that bad taste is you knock off somebody you're not supposed to. Maybe next year they do it.

All I'm saying is that it's going to take something really special to get over some of those losses. Although Tennessee had some respectable wins at the end of the year none were spectacular enough to erase what happened at the beginning of the season with most fans. Next year if they can knock off Florida or a Georgia or maybe Oklahoma I think a lot of people will forget.
Most have already forgotten, it's time to move on.

M.E.A.N.I.N.G.L.E.S.S. .....Here’s your sign.
Outside of Tennessee Sunshine pumper fans most did not see that Georgia State loss as meaningless. Nobody knows what lingering impact it had. We don't know who we've lost in recruiting or could have had. Some things are intangible. There's nothing wrong with being happy with winning. What I have a problem with his people that ignore the losing.

Reactions: 08Vol
Don’t care about it anymore and only thinking about the future. Only losers dwell on the past.
Nobody is dwelling. Somebody made a joke about losing to Georgia State. Like it was funny and didn't matter. I just disagree. I didn't think it was funny at all when it happened. I can still be happy with the way the season ended and still be very disappointed at how it began.

Reactions: volcop1 and 08Vol
Is 25 the max spots when can fill? What is the max Schollys we can take with guys hitting the transfer portal??

Most already have. So a lot of what's left is not many. That start didn't lead to what you knew was going to happen. The players and staff got over it, moved on and won 5 straight. Its funny how perspective changes when you miss your claim by 5 games and multiple blowouts.

UT will lose again at some point. Hope remains.

Nobody is dwelling. Somebody made a joke about losing to Georgia State. Like it was funny and didn't matter. I just disagree. I didn't think it was funny at all when it happened. I can still be happy with the way the season ended and still be very disappointed at how it began.
If you keep on bringing up Ga State and BYU you will get hammered on VN. Just a little friendly advice so you will not be branded a “loser”.

The Georgia state loss is one of the worst losses in Tennessee History. It's right up there with Texas state. Yes Tennessee's had bad losses before. But Tennessee's got to have that Marquee win once in awhile to. That's not happened in a long time. The way you get rid of that bad taste is you knock off somebody you're not supposed to. Maybe next year they do it.
It is not even close to the worst of all time. Definitely the worst this year. I am glad I do not obsess over past failures like you do. The game was an example of why you can't overlook an opponent, even if it should be a cake walk. The coaching staff learned from it and it did not happen again. Keep stressing about that game if you like. I choose to look at the improvement this team has shown and the very impressive second class our new head coach just landed. To each their own.

We are 15th on 247 Nationally and 7th in the SEC, which is pretty remarkable considering the start we had this season. We're ranked ahead of everyone we should be ranked ahead of. Just need to keep making strides on the field and build some momentum.

Reactions: UTwick and 08Vol
Most already have. So a lot of what's left is not many. That start didn't lead to what you knew was going to happen. The players and staff got over it, moved on and won 5 straight. Its funny how perspective changes when you miss your claim by 5 games and multiple blowouts.

UT will lose again at some point. Hope remains.
Hey Einstein. Yes the players and coaches got over it. But I certainly hope they didn't forget it. I hope it leaves a bad taste in their mouths for years to come. That way it never repeats itself. That way they never take anybody lightly. I didn't bring this up. I was responding to somebody who thought it was funny that we lost to Georgia State. Sorry I have low tolerance for people that think it's funny anytime Tennessee loses much less to somebody like them.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back