Rivals has us at 11th ranked class now.. [9th with the late addition]

When did he tell you this ? I spoke to him a week ago and he stated he is content to remain at UT and he does not want the pressure of being a HC at another school.

Obviously he didn't tell me that, it is just my opinion. I certainly would not expect that a position coach at their alma mater to tell fans that they will bolt at the first opportunity. As soon as he gets an offer for HC or OC he is gone.

Reactions: 08Vol
Obviously he didn't tell me that, it is just my opinion. I certainly would not expect that a position coach at their alma mater to tell fans that they will bolt at the first opportunity. As soon as he gets an offer for HC or OC he is gone.
Not a fan , I’m a family friend.

JK

Reactions: feathersax
Really need to pick up some more O-linemen and perhaps a punter that can punt it beyond 30 yds consistently.
Have you actually looked at our roster? Look at what we have in place, what we just signed, and compare to the last ten year when it comes to pure size. Chris Akporoghene and Jackson Lampley are two large men that were signed last year and red shirted. We have some serious hosses on both sides of the line right now. Always the black cloud behind the silver lining.

My comment wasn’t worded best. Just checking in on my buddy @‘boro-vol as I haven’t heard from in a while.

Just the other day I commented about several LotM being awfully quiet after we won a couple. Lol.

Georgia State should be the program’s Alamo...Never forget and never let it happen again

Fans remembering it and discussing it here obviously makes a huge difference. Such a huge difference I can't figure out why all you geniuses haven't figured out how to remember and discuss us into a Championship.

Just the other day I commented about several LotM being awfully quiet after we won a couple. Lol.
Your powers of analysis are awesome to behold. To think...people would actually stop complaining when they see the the improvement they were asking for. It's almost like we are ALL fans of the program, and want what is best for it.

Reactions: 08Vol and vols 30
The thing I'm most excited about is the quality of defensive players we signed. MOST fans, certainly not all, understand winning at any level begins and ends on the defensive side of the ball. The OL is the stabilizer on offense but if given the choice between a strong defense and a strong offense I think most coaches choose the defense every time. There are leagues like the AAC where apparently the coaches having some type of non verbal agreement that each team will put all their talent on offense and agree not to play defense ( just being sarcastic a little). I fully expect if we climb back to even close to the top of the heap our defense will lead the way. I'm sure some disagree with that position but for now I'll stick with it.

The thing I'm most excited about is the quality of defensive players we signed. MOST fans, certainly not all, understand winning at any level begins and ends on the defensive side of the ball. Of course the OL is the stabilizer on offense but if given the choice between a strong defense and a strong offense I think most coaches choose the defense every time. Of course there are leagues like the AAC where apparently the coaches having some type of non verbal agreement that each team will put all their talent on offense and agree not to play defense (of course just being sarcastic a little). I fully expect if we climb back to even close to the top of the heap our defense will lead the way. I'm sure some disagree with that position but for now I'll stick with it.
I love this recruiting class Jeremy Pruitt and his coaching staff worked their arses off to get the players that Tennessee needs:cool:

How high were the Missouri recruiting classes ranked when they won the east? Not gonna happen a lot, but I’m betting it’s already happened once.
Some people put way too much stock in national rankings and stars. These people that make these rankings are just regular people who are wrong. A lot. There are significantly more 3 and 4 star recruits playing in the NFL today than there are 5 stars. A lot of really good NFL QBs were 2 and 3 stars. Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson were not even top 25 qbs in their class. Aaron Rodgers went to JUCO because he didnt even have a D1 offer out of HS. Just look at Gardner Minshew this past year.

Obviously if you're Clemson, Bama and sign triple the 5 stars as everyone else then you have a better chance of winning. But really it's about recruiting based on need, the type of player (attitude, work ethic), and development that really matters.

I love this recruiting class Jeremy Pruitt and his coaching staff worked their arses off to get the players that Tennessee needs:cool:
Yep...and I just feel like there's more to come. I highly doubt that CJP and staff care much about rankings. I would guess they care more about getting recruits on their board and as I've stated before Jeremy is considered by most to be one of, if not the best, evaluator of talent at this level in the business.

I don't care where ESPN, Rivals or anyone else ranks our class. I AM IMPRESSED. I have looked at most of them up close. There is one thing I see repeating with this class. They are BIG, STRONG AND FAST. The most impressive thing is most of them came from State Championship Teams or Great Teams. They are Winners. They know and understand what it takes to win. Pruitt will not have to teach them how to win. We still have some spots open but we plugged some holes we had. We are about to make a big leap this coming year. GO VOLS

The Georgia state loss is one of the worst losses in Tennessee History. It's right up there with Texas state. Yes Tennessee's had bad losses before. But Tennessee's got to have that Marquee win once in awhile to. That's not happened in a long time. The way you get rid of that bad taste is you knock off somebody you're not supposed to. Maybe next year they do it.

When we lost those early games we had no smoke coming out of the stack. We’re adding coal to the furnace now and a trickle of smoke starting to show. If you don’t want to help load coal quit throwing water on the fire.

The Memphis thing is still a thing 23 years later.

I wouldnt hold my breath.

I'm sure that if Saban hadn't won 6 NCs, he'd still be hearing about Louisiana-Monroe today. Just to be clear, Alabama was beaten in football by Louisiana Monroe in the Saban era. I will ignore the fact that in the same season, they whipped our asses...in a year that we won the East.

9th nationally...7th in the SEC. That's almost comical, the level of talent in the SEC compared to everyone else. I think we add Washington and Hardy as well. And lest we forget, Grimes hasn't signed anything either at this time with OU.
As of this post, according to 247 we are 15th National, 7th in the SEC, hopefully we'll see a change for the better as the numbers come in.

Reactions: 08Vol and RollerVol

VN Store

Back