Rivals has us at 11th ranked class now.. [9th with the late addition]

You are probably right. A Message Board is where you should be able to come on here and be critical and praise when necessary. I have complimented Tennessee on the way they ended the season. But you're never allowed to say anything negative with some people on here. Some people are happy with whatever product is out there. I guess they're coach worshippers or something.

You speak as you like, it doesn't mean everyone is going to agree. Who cares..... speak your mind and move on

😏

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Somewhere @'Boro-vol sits and is admitting "ya know what, that JMS guy was right all along"......

Just kidding. Glad it all worked out this way. Boro hope you are doing well had a great Thanksgiving and upcoming Christmas/New Years. Been a while since we talked!
bragging-camp.gif
jk😁

I whole heatedly agree that we showed improvement in the last half of the season and this is a respectable recruiting class. But 7th in your own conference isn't something to crow about.
In the top 10 in the Nation is for a team with the won loss record we has the last three years. One does not rebuild a team that had MSU know to the lows that Butch took our team. We did have a 5 win 3 loss SEC record this year.

In the top 10 in the Nation is for a team with the won loss record we has the last three years. One does not rebuild a team that had MSU know to the lows that Butch took our team. We did have a 5 win 3 loss SEC record this year.

Currently 247 has the Vols at 15. Not bad at all but not yet up there with the big boys. Step by step. Sorta like brick by brick but better.

Reactions: Bristoltvolntn
Should tell you something when UT is considered a winner and UF is considered a loser on ESD and their class is still ranked ahead of ours.

Only tells me that today was a much better recruiting day for the Vols than UF, while according to the recruiting website guys, UF did better than the Vols on the majority of days leading up to today.
Keep in mind these recruiting website “experts” aren’t coaches. In several cases, these experts have never coached or even played much. Meanwhile, I believe our HC has five national championship rings.
So, in sum it doesn’t tell much at all.

You are probably right. A Message Board is where you should be able to come on here and be critical and praise when necessary. I have complimented Tennessee on the way they ended the season. But you're never allowed to say anything negative with some people on here. Some people are happy with whatever product is out there. I guess they're coach worshippers or something.

You sir are correct. Look at my history...

There were (are) a lot of boy butch supporters along with dooley supporters on this board, I remember if you even suggested that boy butch wasn't the greatest recruiter, greatest coach, or he didn't have us "on the right track" (a phrase used by his man-crush having followers), you were attacked. We will never get great again, if we can't point out the bad along with the good.

Only tells me that today was a much better recruiting day for the Vols than UF, while according to the recruiting website guys, UF did better than the Vols on the majority of days leading up to today.
Keep in mind these recruiting website “experts” aren’t coaches. In several cases, these experts have never coached or even played much. Meanwhile, I believe our HC has five national championship rings.
So, in sum it doesn’t tell much at all.
Getting them here and keeping them here is important. UFs class last year was as pretty bad in that regard. They won on paper, but I think UTs class was better in the long run. Minimizing misses and therefore minimizing attrition. It would be nice to see UT get to the place where they are only needing to sign 18-20 because they have good balance of Soph, Junior and Seniors. I’d always rather be heavy on returning players and not need to sign a full class. Be more selective.
I think that is a big reason Pruitt didn’t pursue JUCOs this year. He will have a large junior and senior class next year.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Not worried on top 10 or 5 right now. Good class today. Both offense and D filled a lot of gaps. Very happy from to back with this class. Same with offense.

If we get Washington we covered all areas.
I would be happy if Hardy flipped, but would really like 1 more OL too.

Can’t complain on this class though, pleasantly surprised.

Top 5? Is that possible?
No. Not right now.

Fun fact is teams like Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson have recruits ratings adjusted when they offer and more so when they commit to them. It makes sense for a recruiting service to bump these kids bc these programs have a history of developing kids and sending them to the league. A few years ago Clemson didn’t get that bump as much. Tennessee still needs success on the field to get into that top group. Top five to seven is pretty much usually going to include in some orderBama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma.

I just checked 247, they have us listed (as of this post) as 7th in the SEC, and 15th in the nation-we are all hoping these number get better before the first team meeting.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
No. Not right now.

Fun fact is teams like Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson have recruits ratings adjusted when they offer and more so when they commit to them. It makes sense for a recruiting service to bump these kids bc these programs have a history of developing kids and sending them to the league. A few years ago Clemson didn’t get that bump as much. Tennessee still needs success on the field to get into that top group. Top five to seven is pretty much usually going to include in some orderBama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma.
I’ve noticed a couple recruits who only had offers from lower power 5 teams and as soon as they got a Bama or OSU offer they skyrocketed

I whole heatedly agree that we showed improvement in the last half of the season and this is a respectable recruiting class. But 7th in your own conference isn't something to crow about.
Dude. Bama, LSU, and Georgia are always going to be rated higher until Tennessee starts winning. Rankings are biased to those teams anyways.

I’ve noticed a couple recruits who only had offers from lower power 5 teams and as soon as they got a Bama or OSU offer they skyrocketed
It’s a screwed up system. I believe last year there was a fake recruit that someone made up and acted like they got a prestigious offer and rivals rated him a three star wo even seeing him. The kid didn’t even exist.

It’s a screwed up system. I believe last year there was a fake recruit that someone made up and acted like they got a prestigious offer and rivals rated him a three star wo even seeing him. The kid didn’t even exist.
Not to say an offer from one of those schools is meaningless. It matters more than the opinion of some desk jockey at rivals. But it just goes to shown these things should be taken w a grain of salt

VN Store

Back