Rise Glorious

So you don’t know for sure but posted it as fact?
As much as I would like to know what Spyre Is paying athletes, it’t none of our business. Do you want your employer to make it public what they pay you? I give $10 to Spyre each month. Doesn’t entitle me to look at their books.!

As much as I would like to know what Spyre Is paying athletes, it’t none of our business. Do you want your employer to make it public what they pay you? I give $10 to Spyre each month. Doesn’t entitle me to look at their books.!

I am not calling out Spyre here. The poster I alluded to made a statement about White tying the coaches hands with NIL. I would just like to see some concrete proof of that instead of anonymous rumors.

I am glad UT has an AD that has some swagger! I hope all the championships pan out!

The five year plan is realistic for all but football and softball. Heupel is just coming from waaaayyy behind and then you’ve got TX and OU joining at the tail end of that period. Let’s maybe just focus on beating UF regularly and not getting stomped by Bama and UGA every single year. As for softball-need a better coach than Karen. Completely realistic for the other sports, most of which have already achieved that metric. Lastly, I’ll point out that Stalin and Mao loved 5 year plans too-killed about 100 million people implementing them. Reminds me of how Danny has killed the ability of common folks who love UT but don’t have yearly income of $300k+ from buying season tickets.

Last edited:
The five year plan is realistic for all but football and softball. Heupel is just coming from waaaayyy behind and then you’ve got TX and OU joining at the tail end of that period. Let’s maybe just focus on beating UF regularly and not getting stomped by Bama and UGA every single year. As for softball-need a better coach than Karen. Completely realistic for the other sports, most of which have already achieved that metric. Lastly, I’ll point hit that Stalin and Mao loved 5 year plans too-killed about 100 million people implementing them. Reminds me of how Danny has killed the ability of common folks who love UT but don’t have yearly income of $300k+ from buying season tickets.
No.

The part about DW is wrong. Not his fault with the season ticket prices.................
On a single game basis-I agree it’s market driven. What I blame Danny for is the continuously higher donations required to purchase season tickets and the fact that people get bumped who have been loyally attending for years. I went to just about every game growing up between 94-2004 and sat in the south end zone. Great group of long-time fans who weren’t loaded and loved UT. We always were the loudest, much more so than the well-off folks in other sections. A lot of these people worked for the university in blue-collar roles and have since been kicked out. This coincided with the lack of noise and atmosphere we see in Neyland. One of the only instances I can remember that was like those days in terms of atmosphere was the ‘16 Oklahoma game. I guess some people would trade that for light shows, field level seats for the rich, and maybe a putt-putt course in the north end zone, but I like an old-school stadium environment.

Words to the “Alma Mater” are

“On a hallowed hill in Tennessee / Like a beacon shining bright / The stately walls of old UT / Rise glorious to the sight.

Refrain (after all three verses): So here’s to you, old Tennessee / Our Alma Mater true; / We pledge in love and harmony / Our loyalty to you.

What torches kindled of that flame / Have passed from hand to hand / What hearts cemented in that name / Bid land to stranger land.

Oh, ever as we strive to rise / On life’s unresting stream / Dear Alma Mater, may our eyes / Be lifted to that gleam.”

Kinda makes you wonder if they even bothered to read the article or if they have already formed an opinion and nothing will change it...

First, "rise gloriously" is a rather bizarre (perhaps even ridiculous) name for an athletic plan. It sounds like a church hymn. Are they handing out bibles with the plan?

Second, we had an excellent year last year--won, what, 4 or 5 SEC titles or tournament titles, and I think all were by teams with coaches who were not hired by White. I'm perfectly happy with the guy, but not sure where all this White praise comes from. If Heupel--a White hire--gets us back to the top in football, then he will deserve a lot of credit, but that's a big if. It IS past time for the Vols to win a national championship in a team sport. We did win a national championship in men's doubles tennis last year--not to be sniffed at. We've got an outstanding men's tennis program.
Perhaps you prefer “rise like heck”?

The five year plan is realistic for all but football and softball. Heupel is just coming from waaaayyy behind and then you’ve got TX and OU joining at the tail end of that period. Let’s maybe just focus on beating UF regularly and not getting stomped by Bama and UGA every single year. As for softball-need a better coach than Karen. Completely realistic for the other sports, most of which have already achieved that metric. Lastly, I’ll point out that Stalin and Mao loved 5 year plans too-killed about 100 million people implementing them. Reminds me of how Danny has killed the ability of common folks who love UT but don’t have yearly income of $300k+ from buying season tickets.

I bought season tickets for the first time in many years and $300k aint my tax bracket.

You’re not going to get it publicly and you should already know that. Just like it’s common knowledge how AAU hoops operates but people don’t talk about specifics publicly 🤪

VN Store

Back